• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

NFL, "Add a 17th game"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  5,903
  • Days Won:  1

Heard on Mike and Mike this morning that the NFL is thinking about adding a 17th game to the NFL schedule (which would drop one a preseason game off) and, this is the catch, the game must be played outside the United States. I think they mentioned England and the UK. From what Mike and Mike said it seems like the NFL is trying to capture some international money much the same way MLB and the NBA are. I still haven't decided whether I am for this or against this... one the one had it is going to hurt teams due to the traveling and such. There are just a lot of logistics... on the other hand, I want to see the sport expand into other markets and countries. Any comments about this?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/10174851

• Content Count:  743

The dolphins and the giants are already playing over in October

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  37,659
  • Days Won:  29

To have all teams play outside the country would atleast equal things out.

If they did this, they should all get a bye after game if it was during the season. But would be best to play the first week and give everyone a bye afterwards.

I would be against it as a player/coach . . . but for global NFL concerns, obviously agree with it.

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

The dolphins and the giants are already playing over in October

and the dolphins are losing a home game because of it.  

Does anyone think the game will catch on else where? that's why they are doing it.

Guest wildrover

I don't see American Football catching on in other countries the same way baseball seems to and basketball looks like it is.  Football requires a lot of equipment which can be expensive and for countries without a lot of economic development adopting this game will be tough.  Europe has more economic resources than some south American countries obviously but I'm not sure they'll ever take to it since they already have the highest level of soccer, basketball is catching on, plus cricket.  You can only spread out your fan dollar so far. Just my opinion though

• Content Count:  12,293
  • Days Won:  0

i thought we already had NFL europe.

moving a game over seas its a dumb move in my opinion.

there is a ton of prep that goes into these games each week and if you add a 15 hour plane flight on top of that, maybe even longer for the west coast teams....and you have major problems.

guys could get hurt.  i dont see this happening at all.

maybe 1 pre season game, or like the niners and cards did last year when they played in mexico because both teams were pretty close, it was closer then taking a trip to NY for them

NFL Europe does exist, but mainly in Germany... But, if you think about it, Americans might not go out and watch a MLS game, but if two European teams came here and played (Man U and Liverpool)... it would have huge attendance. Nobody really wants to see NFL Europe, but if the Colts and Pats came to town, it might be a hot ticket.

I think it would be worth it if there was a good probability of success of the sport spreading to other countries.

Jets and Dolphins flight wont be all that much worse than Oakland or Seattle.

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

stupid

nfl needs to do away with all exhibition games and add more games

keep all games in USA

• Content Count:  4,879
  • Days Won:  0

won't happen.