• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Here is what I don't get!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

It's a combination of a lot of things.  First off, half the people in the Bay area can't even get our name straight so to think that we will get national recognition at this point is a pretty big stretch.

What have we done yet on the field fo an entire season to merit any kind of recognition from people that don't follow every move we make everyday in detail?  Don't you think there are probably a dozen teams building programs across the country that all think the same way we do?  That they are on the brink of breaking through.

Why would a team that has yet to prove anything except win a couple of games over UL and WVU, a team that has not even shown up in the top 25 of any in-season poll be worthy of any national recognition to any degree more than we have received?  

Who says we are the most improved team?  On paper in preseason?  Who cares?  What if Grothe gets hurt?  What if we lose an early upset game?  Are we still the most improved team in the conference?

We are all hopeful that we are next year's Rutgers, but until we actual perform and get it done on the field a 4th place team with a mediocre 9-4 (4-3 conference) record is not deserving of any major national media attention.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  698
  • Days Won:  0

We are not as good as a lot of us like to believe. We have made great strides and have had our moments of greatness, but we are far from the team to beat in the BE. I don't want to be a flame on this just being realistic.

They dont know anything about us because we havent really done anything of real merit (conference or national titles).  Upsets are a good story for a week maybe 2 but in the grand scheme of things dont really mean too much to the media or anyone else for that matter. In order to get constant media recognition you need to have won some kind of title or be consisntantly ranked in the top 25 year in and year out.  

I'm sorry but there is plenty to talk about this year, they are just choosing not to. I mean, are we not the most improved team in the BE this year? Are we supposed to believe that Rutgers, Lou, and WVU are better than last year? Dude come on! We are being neglected !

Let's see... last year we got beat by Kansas State... got lucky against West Virginia... but didn't do anything else noteworthy... we got throttled by Cincinnati and Louisville... and lost to Rutgers at home...

Not that I am down on the Bulls... but most of us are a little to biased here to make any real claim that this is some kind of neglect.

USF has to be consistent - even two years in a row like Rutgers... and beat more than one good team each year.

• Content Count:  4,139
  • Days Won:  1

Think of this time...      and cherish it.    

Because when The Mighty USF BULLS beat auburn this season, We'll go undefeated.

People WILL stand up and take notice, and buy season tix.

from there the fan base will grow larger and larger until the gayturds and the noles are not even mentioned in the same breath as "Florida college football".

It will be next to impossible to get tickets for your friends/family from out of town, and everywhere you look from billboards, to bums in the street will be wearing the iconic U...

And you can look back at this time and smile.    :D

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

I'm sorry but there is plenty to talk about this year, they are just choosing not to. I mean, are we not the most improved team in the BE this year?

No ..... only because this year hasn't even started yet and there's no telling WHO will be the most improved... Could be Syracuse for all we know at this point.

Are we supposed to believe that Rutgers, Lou, and WVU are better than last year?

Slaton, White, Brohm, Rice didn't leave did they? They won't be worse...

Dude come on! We are being neglected !

We lost to 2 of the reigning big 3 in the BE last year, plus to Cincy. As stated elsewhere, you have to earn respect. We're in the process but arenlt there yet.

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

WIN.

• Content Count:  642

I'm sorry but there is plenty to talk about this year, they are just choosing not to. I mean, are we not the most improved team in the BE this year?

No ..... only because this year hasn't even started yet and there's no telling WHO will be the most improved... Could be Syracuse for all we know at this point.

Are we supposed to believe that Rutgers, Lou, and WVU are better than last year?

We lost to 2 of the reigning big 3 in the BE last year, plus to Cincy. As stated elsewhere, you have to earn respect. We're in the process but arenlt there yet.

See I feel different.

Rutgers has lost everyone but Rice

We know that we can beat WVU

And Louisville is under new management.

For these reasons, we ARE better. You are really are going to sit here and tell me 'cuse is going to be worldbeaters? You are really going to sit here and tell me that because of XYZ that took place last year the media is allowed to ignore us? Hey ESPN called they want to offer you a job!

See I feel different.

For these reasons, we ARE better. You are really are going to sit here and tell me 'cuse is going to be worldbeaters? You are really going to sit here and tell me that because of XYZ that took place last year the media is allowed to ignore us? Hey ESPN called they want to offer you a job!

As right as you are, you don't understand how pre-season predictions work.

1) What did they do last year?

2) Who are the losing from a personnel standpoint?

3) How do their opponents answer these questions?

You see, what happened last year is quite important.  For one, very few teams have 22 starting seniors who all graduate.  For example, despite losing 6 or 7 starters, Rutgers is still expected to win quite a few games because of the people they have coming back.

Yes, USF had one OUTSTANDING WIN last year.  But the rest of USF's wins were games USF was supposed to win. You don't get brownie points for beating McNeese State, FIU, U Conn or SU at home.  A win at Cincy and K State or a closer game at Louisville, and maybe you could make an argument.

There is only one real way to know if USF is better than the other teams -- playing the games this fall.  Until then, making bold statements that because Rutgers lost a few players and Louisville lost some coaches makes USF better is a bit of a stretch.  And don't forget that WVU came to Tampa in 2005 and beat us - so they know how to win, too.

Keep the USF spirit, but don't get so upset when the non-Bull Nation doesn't.

• Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

See I feel different.

What does UL having new management have to do with USF football 2007 being worthy of national attention?  In the national realm of things, or outside the boundaries of Fletcher and Fowler, for that matter, the national media sees a 4th place team that has yet to do really anything other than a couple of upset wins.  Neither of which was on national TV to be really news worthy.  Then, looking ahead to 2007, you have a nice QB that has potential.  Then what?  A potential star running back?  big deal.  There already a handful of star running backs that have produced for a couple of years.  Offensive juggeraut not to be stopped?  Let's see, I am a reporter building a story about USF's explosive offense and that exciting 7-6 spring game makes my report credible vs. Louisville coming back with Heisman candidate Brian Brohm and 2 stud receivers that have already made noise for a couple of years and just had a spring game that ended up something like 54 to 45 or something like that.  Then you are going to compare a national story of how great USF may be when you you can write about the dynamic duo at WVU that finished the year in the top ten or Heisman candidate Ray Rice at Rutgers coming off the Cinderalla season?

I like your enthusiasm,but I just don't see where we are an interesting story yet to be told to the national football fan.  What angle would you use to build a story about USF being news worthy for this year?

• Content Count:  642

It seems that people think I'm not being a realist. However, we have a  very REALISTIC shot of winning the BE this year. It is Just as realistic, if not more than RICE, WVU, PITT & Lou's chances. SO WHY ISN"T THAT BEING TALKED ABOUT!

Do you guys honestly think that we won't make a strong push for a BE title this year? Hell we almost did it with Julmiste at the helm. Find me the one guy in the media that has put out the article, "Bulls will win the BE this year and here is why..."

Find that article and I'll shut-up

Archived