• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Here is what I don't get!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  642
  • Days Won:  0

It seems to me they don't have a clue when it comes to our program, maybe I'm beating a dead horse here but COME ON! When is one "notable" name in the media going to say, "USF is the team to beat this year in the BE!" Are they that afraid, they'll look like a **** genius when they're right and if they're wrong...well that just won't happen,LOL! ;)

If I'm wrong about this please correct me.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

I imagine that it is because we have no instant name recognition.  Our conference has: the most name tame in WVU, the defending champs in Louisville and the cool pick in Rutgers.  If/When we have a season like Rutgers did last year we will be on that short list.  Also, it would help not to have a game like 2005 Uconn or 2006 Cincy/2006 Kansas when we do start getting attention.

• Content Count:  3,574

A mix of "Intentionally disrespect usf" and "fear [of] making "bold" predictions"

I'm not concerned.

Just play and win.

• Content Count:  549

They just don't know enough about the program, IMO.  And they don't care enough about the program to learn.  USF has to, and will, make them care.

Most of these guys have been following the game for decades and probably cut their teeth as fans 30 years before USF even had a team.  What's going to happen is one day the Bulls will just "arrive" out of nowhere onto the national scene and be treated like they've always been there.  Like I view Miami's coverage in the 90's.  Of course, we'll know that it's been building for some time.

They just don't know enough about the program, IMO.  And they don't care enough about the program to learn.  USF has to, and will, make them care.

Most of these guys have been following the game for decades and probably cut their teeth as fans 30 years before USF even had a team.  What's going to happen is one day [highlight]the Bulls will just "arrive" out of nowhere onto the national scene and be treated like they've always been there.  [/highlight]Like I view Miami's coverage in the 90's.  Of course, we'll know that it's been building for some time.

I completely agree with that statement. We'll beat Auburn and they'll have all kinds of things to say, they'll act like they've been following us all along.

Has anyone seen us ranked higher than that preseason?

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

They dont know anything about us because we havent really done anything of real merit (conference or national titles).  Upsets are a good story for a week maybe 2 but in the grand scheme of things dont really mean too much to the media or anyone else for that matter. In order to get constant media recognition you need to have won some kind of title or be consisntantly ranked in the top 25 year in and year out.  

They dont know anything about us because we havent really done anything of real merit (conference or national titles).  Upsets are a good story for a week maybe 2 but in the grand scheme of things dont really mean too much to the media or anyone else for that matter. In order to get constant media recognition you need to have won some kind of title or be consisntantly ranked in the top 25 year in and year out.  

I'm sorry but there is plenty to talk about this year, they are just choosing not to. I mean, are we not the most improved team in the BE this year? Are we supposed to believe that Rutgers, Lou, and WVU are better than last year? Dude come on! We are being neglected !

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Respect isnt just given its earned.  Everyone wasnt fawning over Rugters last year until they went out and went undefeated for the first 5 or 6 games.  Its great to have potential and all but to get media props that potential must tranlsate to W's.  In the medias mind we only had 1 win over a real quality team last year.  To most people who arent bulls fans that isnt too much to get excited about.  Cry scream and call the media idiots all you want but until we win consistantly and dont have those Uconn, kansas, and cincy games the media will continue to favor teams more than us.  Again respect is earned and we didnt do too much last year to earn it.  

Archived