• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

WVU warns Auburn about us

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  400
  • Days Won:  0

I dont even think it will be close.  We might hang around in the 1st quarter, but I think they will pull away.  Either that, or they're gonna blow it open in the 1st quarter and put it in neutral afterwards.  Not even the National Champs could beat them in Jordan-Hare last year.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  1,260

I dont even think it will be close.  We might hang around in the 1st quarter, but I think they will pull away.  Either that, or they're gonna blow it open in the 1st quarter and put it in neutral afterwards.  Not even the National Champs could beat them in Jordan-Hare last year.

Wow...I think you've convinced me. Let's wave the white flag now and save ourselves the embarrassment.  ::)

I realize some folks always see through green and gold glasses....but this is type of doom and gloom is the polar opposite. Reality is probably somewhere in between....

Anything can happen on gameday.

• Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Wow...I think you've convinced me. Let's wave the white flag now and save ourselves the embarrassment.  ::)

I realize some folks always see through green and gold glasses....but this is type of doom and gloom is the polar opposite. Reality is probably somewhere in between....

Anything can happen on gameday.

Not that I agree with him, but when can't fans have their opinons of what they believe will happen? Even if it might be bad.

• Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Kansas State has a legitimate shot at beating Auburn first, where is that game? Replacing 4 o-lineman is huge i dont care how many stars their backups have.

The K-State game is at Auburn.

I know they are replacing four linemen, but a team like Auburn just reloads at that position. They lost everyone in 2005, yet still went 9-3, with a a bowl loss.

This will be the most talented team we've seen since Oklahoma in 2002.

• Content Count:  2,495
  • Days Won:  1

Good thing this is OUR most talented team since Oklahoma in 2002.   ;)

• Content Count:  5,691

I believe the 200d psu team went 11-1 losing only one big 10 game that yr.

In that game we came out looking like crap. CD was clueless and we gave them easy earlt pts and momentum. We can't afford to's especially at key parts of the game.

Psu had 90k but it never seemed that loud. Hope the crowd at auburn does take us lightly like wvu last yr and sits on their hands. Our team can help keep the crowd out by playing well early.

• Content Count:  431

Kansas State has a legitimate shot at beating Auburn first, where is that game? Replacing 4 o-lineman is huge i dont care how many stars their backups have.

I know they are replacing four linemen, but a team like Auburn just reloads at that position. They lost everyone in 2005, yet still went 9-3, with a a bowl loss.

Not that I am attacking it, but what this statement, and PitBull's, means to me is that you have come up with your own ranking system and within it Auburn is ranked even higher than WV or UL, given that you would not give either of them as much clout were we visiting them instead, at least in my impression. My thought on this is that we beat a #7 team (according to D1A coaches, press, and a computer ranking system) at their home last year and we certainly don't deserve any blowout expectations going to Auburn. Granted they have a top D, but saying Auburn is going to pull away....that's right....with their Louisville or WV-like high-scoring offense......I don't buy it. People are talking depth being our downfall....we have more than enough talented depth at D to stay fresh...I give our win the same probability I gave our visits to UL and WV last year, 30%.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  175

I don't blame them for overlooking us as fans often do.

Until we show up and beat ANY SEC team, why should any of them fear USF at all?

You have to earn respect. So far-- we are not getting the job done with the SEC as a whole. Their average fan probably stills confuses us with UCF.  That is life-- and when it comes to SEC football, from what I have seen at least-- the focus is on their own league almost completely. Winning the SEC championship means more to them than anything, only surpassed by beating Bama.

Ahh yeah, I'm sure that Vandy or two Mississippi teams would like right past us  ::)

Honestly Mike, your love of all things SEC is a little transparent sometimes

What's not to love about how SEC football works? They all have rabid fanbases-- even the crappy teams. I want the Big East to grow to that level.

And while I agree that we would have a better shot at some of the lesser squads in the SEC now--- we still have to beat ONE of them. So far our best shot was against Kentucky as a 1-AA. Bama started out good but collapsed. The other two were ass beatings. Now we play one of their better teams and I simply refuse to not think this will be a very tough test. On the road. Early in the season. Against an SEC ranked opponent. Those are all signs of a very tough situation.

I am 100% behind the Bulls. But even you, who I suppose hates the SEC based on your comment, has to have some degree of respect for Auburn. Our games against the Gators in the future are just as tough, if not tougher.

I wouldn't call it love for the SEC-- I would label it "respect"

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  175

Not that I am attacking it, but what this statement, and PitBull's, means to me is that you have come up with your own ranking system and within it Auburn is ranked even higher than WV or UL, given that you would not give either of them as much clout were we visiting them instead, at least in my impression. My thought on this is that we beat a #7 team (according to D1A coaches, press, and a computer ranking system) at their home last year and we certainly don't deserve any blowout expectations going to Auburn. Granted they have a top D, but saying Auburn is going to pull away....that's right....with their Louisville or WV-like high-scoring offense......I don't buy it. People are talking depth being our downfall....we have more than enough talented depth at D to stay fresh...I give our win the same probability I gave our visits to UL and WV last year, 30%.

You make a good argument with the comparison with WVU and UL. Most of their fans wouldn't see it that way which I think goes back to the original assertion that thir fans overlook a team like USF. I am hopeful that our defense continues to improve even after we lose two of our more solid performers in St. Louis and SN. That will be key-- keeping the score low so our offense does not have to put up a ton of points to win the game.

Let's just bear this in mind-- Other than Pitt in 2001, I cannot recall an early road test that we fared well in against highly regarded competition.

• Content Count:  5,691

While i agree we have had lapses on the road....we need to turn the corner eventually. Our offense is good enough to score some pts. However, as we all know we have to play a near perfect game like we did at wvu last yr. We need to get to's at key times of the game (strip for a td, strip to prevent a td) and not to the ball at key times like we did at psu a few yrs back.

We also need to make fgs....- it's always tough to win on the road and if you make mistakes against a decent opponentmmmmwell forget about it. Ask rutgers about going to cinci last yr.

Archived