• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Grothe Arrested For Serving Booze To Minor

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  958
  • Days Won:  0

why would he do something so stupid?

this is very upsetting to me, as I'm sure it is to many of the members on this board who have always looked up to grothe.

people should stop pointing fingers, this information was going to leak out one way or another.

everything is going to be fine, this is just very very disapointing to me though

• Topic Count:  164
  • Content Count:  808

Flerpin 18 year old narc chick.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,503
  • Days Won:  13

Who cares..... he didn't kill anybody.... chill people...

• Topic Count:  130
  • Content Count:  1,867
  • Days Won:  2

why would he do something so stupid?

'Cause he's a kid?

Guest Sprtsfn627

It's just a stupid thing to be charged on.  Hopefully he's learned his lesson.

That said, I'm more upset at the prospect that it is possible no one at USF knew he was working there.  After what happened at Oklahoma last summer....seriously.  This could have been a much worse issue, and if the athletics department doesn't keep better tabs on their student-athletes, it is gonna bite us in the @$$.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

I'm surpised, where I work every student athlete who works muct give us a name and number along with wages of where they work.

Usually bartending is off limits, unless someone's family owns the bar or other extenuating circumstances.

• Topic Count:  232
  • Content Count:  2,511

Jebus Tap Dancing X-mas.

Some of you people are very high and mighty as if you never committed a sin.  If you are such a holy roller bible thumper, then you should have gone to a religious-oriented school, such as St. Leo.

It is a stupid charge, and I cannot believe the police do not have better crimes to chase than this.

This happens all the time to bartenders, whether they are 20 years old, 30 years old, or older.  The alcohol sting squads love to do this when an establishment is busy, and they alway catch a bartender when they are not paying attention.  Of course that is questionable when the Bull Ring is involved; I hear that they have little to zero business.  

Why is Leavitt being aloof?  Why should he tell the press anything?  Why arm the press and/or the district attorney with evidence to use against one of his players?

If I was Grothe's lawyer I would advise him, the coaching staff, and everyone on the team to respond with "no comment" or "talk to my lawyer".

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

was is a scholarship player tending bar?????

is this story true?

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

Jebus Tap Dancing X-mas.

Some of you people are very high and mighty as if you never committed a sin.  If you are such a holy roller bible thumper, then you should have gone to a religious-oriented school, such as St. Leo.

It is a stupid charge, and I cannot believe the police do not have better crimes to chase than this.

This happens all the time to bartenders, whether they are 20 years old, 30 years old, or older.  The alcohol sting squads love to do this when an establishment is busy, and they alway catch a bartender when they are not paying attention.  Of course that is questionable when the Bull Ring is involved; I hear that they have little to zero business.  

Why is Leavitt being aloof?  Why should he tell the press anything?  Why arm the press and/or the district attorney with evidence to use against one of his players?

If I was Grothe's lawyer I would advise him, the coaching staff, and everyone on the team to respond with "no comment" or "talk to my lawyer".

good advice hightech

cops must  have no work to do

• Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  478

USF QB= minor problems

Idaho DT = MAJOR Problems

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2851641&campaign=rss&source=NCFHeadlines

Could be worse ya'll. Could be worse.