• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Spring Game -- TV ?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  174

Wow, I just checked their schedule and I have been mistaken. I thought I had read that it was being broadcast live on Catch47 but it's not ... and nothing through next Tuesday as far as a replay either.

http://www.baynews9.com/Catch47.html

it ticks me off that Tivo can never get the lineup for the Brighthouse channel-- all it ever shows is "Local Origination"

Is there a way to fix that?

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  2,726
  • Days Won:  0

yeah.. how many years have they had it at Ray Jay?  I can only remember last years and I thought it was the first.  Odd that I can't remember because I spent 5 yrs at USF haha

I hear you bro, this is my 6th year following USF athletics and this will be my first spring game.  I never knew they exsisted!!!

In any case...GO BULLS!!!

• Content Count:  2,484
  • Days Won:  1

I want the game televised so i can record it and watch it to death until september

• Content Count:  9,765
  • Days Won:  9

This really bites.  The people that would purchase PressPass are the same people that will already be at the game, with the exception of out of town Bulls fans.  This is dumb.  Another chance to showcase the local school to the community and we blow it by not having it televised on any local station.  This gives Average Joe who is at home on Saturday Night to check out USF and start following the team for the upcoming season.  No wonder we have attendance issues....

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

It's all in the mindset.

I agree with you JoeB but...do you really think that a spring football game on TV with(lets say) 10,000 fans in attendance would be appealng to "average joe" sitting on the couch.  I mean, yea its football and its the BULLS, but, i just dont see how this relates strongly to attendance issues.

Instead of worrying about the Spring Game on TV, we should worry about getting ALL the students on campus informed that the spring game even EXSISTS!!!

GO BULLS!!!

• Content Count:  4,642

is it available on the internet?

yea on USF Press Pass.  If you have it...its 7.95 a month, something like that.  I had it when I was out of the country last year.  Its good to have for someone who doesnt live in Tampa.  

Why it's not on Channel 47:

7:30 PM Special Event

Arena Football LIVE Tampa Bay Storm @ Orlando Predators

Sure, there are probably more USF fans than Storm fans in the area... but the Storm game is regular season and the Bulls game is a glorified scrimmage...

I'd probably make the same call if I were in charge of Catch 47...

• Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Not very many Spring Games are broadcast live. I know ESPNU picked up a few last year and whatnot, but for the most part schools replay them whenever.

For what its worth, you can only get FSU and UF's Saturday spring games through their websites too. Both are being replayed last this week on Sunshine.

Archived