• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

While we have all the Arkansas fans here.......

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  468
  • Days Won:  0

And, along with those empty seats, we lost about $1.6 million this year.

And, now he's heading to a college that basically has very little fan support to begin with?

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  7

There's a lot of specualtion about Coach Heath's dismissal here.  The most popular one is that Frank Broyles wanted a big name coach - like a Gillispie or Self and thought he had Gillispie in a done deal - which back fired.  In yesterdays presser to introduce Dana Altman - Broyles stated he went after a coach (ultimately) who could sustain a program.  Coach Heath had Chancellor White's support after the Mississippi State win and Heath felt he was going to continue here as the HC, even to the point of conducting a presser to put a period on the season.  Broyles evidentally changed White's mind when the word of a pending Gillispie hire came out is when Heath was called in and let go - yes, after a 20 win season and a NCAA appearance.

If there was a chink in the armour with Coach Heath - it perhaps was his 'style' of basketball.  Arkansas fans had been spoiled with Nolan Richardson's "40 Minutes of Hell" press.  Heath's style isn't.

Coach Heath is a classy guy and handles every situation with class.  When asked if there was going to be a team meeting after his firing - he just said, you'll have to ask them.  I'm not the coach anymore.

You'll enjoy having Coach Heath - support him and he'll give you all he's got.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  17,508
  • Days Won:  13

seems like the Hog fans really liked this guy.

Guest BasketBull.

Curious, how do most Hogs feel about Nolan Richardson now? Is his legacy at Arkansas tainted with the last few years? Did the fans really want him out when he was fired?

I've always been a Hogs fan since we played you guys in football (more like we "showed up" for it  ::) ). Arkansas fans are really a classy bunch.

• Content Count:  7

Curious, how do most Hogs feel about Nolan Richardson now? Is his legacy at Arkansas tainted with the last few years? Did the fans really want him out when he was fired?

I've always been a Hogs fan since we played you guys in football (more like we "showed up" for it  ::) ). Arkansas fans are really a classy bunch.

Personally, I liked Nolan, his style of ball and his winning percentages.  I don't feel his legacy is tainted at all.  If anything, the fan base wants that full court, in your face, press, press,

press style of basketball.  Yes - we were spoiled by that when Nolan was the HC.  Yesterday when Altman said they would press - the crowd erupted as did the players.  It was probably at that point some of the ones considering leaving decided to stay.

Some fans wanted him gone and others wanted to see what next year's team could do with a good number returning.  I would have to say the majority was stunned at his firing, even though thats what the darksiders wanted.  Granted the attendance was slipping and that translates into lost revenue and that doesn't sit well with the AD.  

Thanks for the compliment - we try to behave (most of the time)  Good Luck next season!!

• Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Personally, I liked Nolan, his style of ball and his winning percentages.  I don't feel his legacy is tainted at all.  If anything, the fan base wants that full court, in your face, press, press,

press style of basketball.  Yes - we were spoiled by that when Nolan was the HC.  Yesterday when Altman said they would press - the crowd erupted as did the players.  It was probably at that point some of the ones considering leaving decided to stay.

Some fans wanted him gone and others wanted to see what next year's team could do with a good number returning.  I would have to say the majority was stunned at his firing, even though thats what the darksiders wanted.  Granted the attendance was slipping and that translates into lost revenue and that doesn't sit well with the AD.  

Thanks for the compliment - we try to behave (most of the time)  Good Luck next season!!

Joebulls, flsportsfan, etc., have you guys been trolling the Arkansas boards?   ;D

• Content Count:  12

I think what most of the Arkansas fans have stated alreay is pretty spot on, I will add though that I feel that Stan was not who Frank wanted to hire in the first place, seems he wanted Tim Floyd, or Bill Self or someone like that.  I was out of the state when all of that went down so I am not quite sure of who he actually wanted.  I believe in part that Stan was let go because Frank felt he could get a bigger name or however he put it yesterday and with the Administration it's all about butts in the seats and attendance was down this year that gave Frank the out he needed.   With seven seniors next year I think it was felt you either fire him now or be ready to support him at least another 3 years.  I would have been fine with the later but we got the former.   I am OK with Dana Altman but would have been just fine with Stan next year too.  Thanks for allowing us Arkansas fans to troll your board, I love basketball and will definitely be keeping up with what you guys do next year.  

• Content Count:  585

Any chance we could schedule you again on the football schedule.  ;) Would love to go tailgating and I would bet the score would be closer then 42-3.

• Content Count:  12

As long as we can do it this year while Darren McFadden is still here ;D .... seriously I think it would be a fun game!!! and we do love to tailgate!!

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

Joebulls, flsportsfan, etc., have you guys been trolling the Arkansas boards?   ;D

Their darksiders would kick our darksiders' butts ..... Complaining after averaging 20 wins over the last three years in the SEC?? I realize a lot of that has to do with the lack of success in the postseason but still....

Archived