• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

While we have all the Arkansas fans here.......

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  12,293
  • Days Won:  0

Gillespie already re-signed with Texas AM.  He isnt going anywhere.  Seems like he used the arkansas position just to get him more money at A&M.

arkansas has a little bit of egg on their face because I doubt they fired Heath to get a coach from creighton.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  29

Gillespie already re-signed with Texas AM.  He isnt going anywhere.  Seems like he used the arkansas position just to get him more money at A&M.

arkansas has a little bit of egg on their face because I doubt they fired Heath to get a coach from creighton.

No doubt.  Gillespie was out first choice.  That's no secret.   Rumors were flying everywhere that we would announce him in the day or two after Heath's firing.

Billy G hasn't actually signed that new contract with Tex AM just yet.   He's waiting just in case something opens up at Kentucky

• Content Count:  549

Billy G hasn't actually signed that new contract with Tex AM just yet.   He's waiting just in case something opens up at Kentucky

Seems to me that Arkansas probably should have waited a couple more days.  Or was there really going to be a tremendous amount of suitors for Altman to choose from?

Seems to me that Arkansas probably should have waited a couple more days.  Or was there really going to be a tremendous amount of suitors for Altman to choose from?

You hear lots of stuff.   Originally, we wanted to hurry up and sign Gillespie before anyone else had a chance.  We knew Kentucky was going to wait until tomorrow to make a move.    Gillespie said no, then Self, Floyd, and Calipari.   That doesn't leave much to choose from.     You'll even hear some say our AD wanted it done this week cause he's a member at Augusta and always goes to the Masters.    

• Content Count:  549

Forgive me if I chuckle at the thought of Arkansas attempting to get those coaches.

And to say that it was either those four or not "much to choose from" is ridiculous.  You could have easily had Boeheim or Calhoun.  They'd love to be in the SEC.

P.S.  I'm glad nobody told your AD that Pitino is dying to coach in the SEC again....whew!

Forgive me if I chuckle at the thought of Arkansas attempting to get those coaches.

And to say that it was either those four or not "much to choose from" is ridiculous.  You could have easily had Boeheim or Calhoun.  They'd love to be in the SEC.

P.S.  I'm glad nobody told your AD that Pitino is dying to coach in the SEC again....whew!

Pitino said he didn't want to leave.    He's very happy in the state of Kentucky and IF he wanted to be back at UK, he could be

• Content Count:  1,254

I dont think I have seen a straight answer to this question: Why was Stan Heath fired? Was it soley because your AD thought he was going to get Gillespie? I know our expectations are lower, but the man had won 20 games and NCAA tournaments back to back. It really doesnt matter, we have him now, I'm thrilled, there was no other coach out there that can generate the excitment he will. But just wondering what y'all thought. And thanks for the kind words about him.

I'm not sure what all you've been told about why Heath was fired, but here's what we've become accustomed to at Arkansas

26 conference titles

10 elite eights

10 sweet sixteens

6 final fours

29 tourney appearances

39 tourney victories

1 national championship

1 national runner up

#8 all time basketball program

Needless to say, Heath came no where close.  His 2 tourney appearances came because he had runs at the end of the season to get us in.   One major reason he was fired was because fan support was fading.....too many empty seats

Bottom line appears to be that Arkansas fans are spoiled... like Kentucky fans.

True

I also think a big part of it was that he wasn't graduating enough players. Either way, we have our new coach. Now let's move on from this subject and start recognizing the baseball team and getting ready for football.

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

Be nice to the Razorbacks fans!!!

Archived