• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

What's the chance that the Taliban makes a visit

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

People here certainly have UF on the brain quite a bit.  

• Content Count:  3,574
  • Days Won:  0

Donovan leaving would be better.

• Content Count:  2,239

UK will be a much better place for him.  UF will never give him the money or resources that Kentucky will.

UK will be a much better place for him.  UF will never give him the money or resources that Kentucky will.

I think UF would be the better job by far.  They have the money to match whatever UK offers and expectations will be much lower.  Donovan has ATLEAST a 5 year honeymoon period now at UF where at UK he will be expected to elevate that program immediately.  Also if Donovan goes to UK he will always be living in his mentor's (Petino) shadow instead of building a legacy of his own.

UF never paid their bball coaches what UK would pay.  UF has terrible fan support compared to UK.  Face it, Florida is not and never will be a true basketball school.  They have great talent, good results, but don't have the fan support or dollar support set aside for the program.  It will bite them badly if they don't step it up soon.

And no, he won't be in Petino's shadow.  He will be in Rupp's.

UF never paid their bball coaches what UK would pay.  UF has terrible fan support compared to UK.  Face it, Florida is not and never will be a true basketball school.  They have great talent, good results, but don't have the fan support or dollar support set aside for the program.  It will bite them badly if they don't step it up soon.

And no, he won't be in Petino's shadow.  He will be in Rupp's.

Actually he will have to get out of petinos shadow before he can even begin to try to get out of rupp's.  He would be compared to his mentor until he surpassed him then the Rupp comparisons would begin.  Im willing to bet Donovan gets a very lucrative extension/raise in the next month or so.  Also i dont see him leaving except for maybe when the Heat job becomes available.  

He's already on par with Petino.

I'd take the Kentucky job for the challenge of returning it to glory.

He's already on par with Petino.

I'd take the Kentucky job for the challenge of returning it to glory.

UK fans wont have him there until he brings petino type success to THEIR program.  For their fans it doesnt matter what you did before you got there it matters what you do while you are there.  They have some of the most demanding fans in all of sports.  He would have to bring them national titles before he got step out of Petino's shadow and even think to be mentioned in the same breath as Rupp.  Also you make it sound like UK has been in the dumps under tubby but it has still been a very good program just not up to par with what spoiled UK fans expect.  Like you mentioned earlier they have great facilities and tradition and the full financial backing of the school and alumni its hardly a challenge for a good or great coach to have alot of success there.  USF is a challenge UK just needs a change in its leadership.  

• Content Count:  1,260

to Atlanta tonight to rid the nation of some lowlife Gator alum and students? Personally, I hope Greg Oden does it himself. I also hope Noah gets his pansy pony tail cut off by an unsuspecting fan!!! That would be awesome. Tomorrow... OSU will be basketball champs!!! God bless USF!

While I can agree with some of the the sentiment against the Gators.... Wow.... Was 9/11 so long ago? Maybe my sense of humor just needs an adjustment...  :-/

Tubby wasn't a bad coach.  He just wasn't the right coach.  Donovan would fit in there.

Archived