• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

NOW I AM MAD..... THE ORACLE IS A RAG

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  166
  • Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

more pages plz!!!

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  2,276
  • Days Won:  0

I've worn OSU shirts on the UCF campus many times, but I definitely don't go verbally going to everyone saying how OSU is better than UCF because I say so.  Me wearing that shirt is no big deal.  If I did out of spite towards my undergrad school, that is a big deal.

Question...how can other folks on campus tell if in your example above: wearing an OSU shirt on UCF's campus (or say UF shirt on USF campus) that the person wearing it is or isn't doing it out of spite?

How can others on campus differentiate from the two?

Personally...if I saw someone at UCF wearing "OSU" stuff on UCF's campus...I would just laugh at them, nothing more, nothing less....as it just screams out loud "I DON'T WANT TO BE HERE!".

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,508
  • Days Won:  13

I've worn OSU shirts on the UCF campus many times, but I definitely don't go verbally going to everyone saying how OSU is better than UCF because I say so.  Me wearing that shirt is no big deal.  If I did out of spite towards my undergrad school, that is a big deal.

Question...how can other folks on campus tell if in your example above: wearing an OSU shirt on UCF's campus (or say UF shirt on USF campus) that the person wearing it is or isn't doing it out of spite?

Personally...if I saw someone at UCF wearing "OSU" stuff on UCF's campus...I would just laugh at them, nothing more, nothing less....as it just screams out loud "I DON'T WANT TO BE HERE!".

agreed

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  3,403

The school u attend doesnt always have to be ur die hard fav team, but u by no means should root against ur school just to piss people off or be the rebel... Thats just stupid..

Maybe just because you are a buckey but I have to disagree completely. [highlight]The school you attend does have to be your die hard favorite team. [/highlight]You can be fans of other teams but there will not be another "your" school. Academics seem to hate to admit this but there is a direct connection between the respect you get for that piece of paper hanging in your office and the success/recognition of your athletic programs. If you want to make that piece of paper more valuable than you do everything in your power to promote respect of your school and your support of athletics is a big part of that. Putting any other school above your own not only is disrespectful to the school but it also indirectly helps to devalue that piece of paper.

Who made these rules?  Being a fan is NOT a sport.   Being a fan is NOT based on legal stipulations.  I also don't think USF winning the Big East will make my Electrical Engineering degree look any better to a company that might want to hire me.  Maybe if I was getting my degree in athletics?  I understand that you guys want all the students to like USF sports.  I do, too.  But it will change with time and winning, not being an a-hole to everyone that grew up supporting another team first.  We need all the fans we can get.  

If we have an amazing season, starting by beating Auburn, then perhaps we pick up all the bandwagon fans.  I don't think Miami sold out every game last year.  It's the same at every school.  If we win consistently people will figure it out.  I try to talk to fellow USF students at my job and they have no clue what is going on with USF, but they sure know what is going on with respect to the national media attention and their other FL schools.  They laugh at the bowl games we go to.  It's just casual fans and bandwagons fans, that's how they are.  Deal with it.  Not everyone is like you.  Try to promote, be positive, tell people about Mike Ford (I play football on campus every week and hardly anyone I play with knows about him), but there is no reason to attack people that are not like you.

Let people support who they want.  Being a fan is not a job for most people.

your right, I forgot we live in a day and age that loyalty is a thing long forgotten

Yeah, because being loyal to a sports team is the real test of a person's character.  Let me repeat:  being a fan is not a job.  Being a fan should be fun and enjoyed however you want.  What you are is way too serious about the situation.  Also, there isn't much loyalty in professional sports because, like most people, athletes go where they can make the most money.  Hard to root for individual players if you only like a certain team.  Shows loyalty to stick with any team now.

Besides that, being staying with the team YOU GREW UP ROOTING FOR shows loyalty and shows you are not a bandwagon fan and that you take being a fan seriously, even if it's too serious like most of you on this topic.

• Topic Count:  81
  • Content Count:  2,239

If someone did that to me, I'd laugh back at how pathetic it is to laugh at someone for wearing a shirt, nevermind if 2/3 of their wardrobe actually supports the school they are attending.

If I didn't want to be there, I would have transferred.  Seriously, laughing at someone or getting bent out of shape is signs of a major inferiority complex.  I'd like to think that our schools as a whole don't have them, but I'm seeing otherwise.

• Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  1,480

The school u attend doesnt always have to be ur die hard fav team, but u by no means should root against ur school just to piss people off or be the rebel... Thats just stupid..

Maybe just because you are a buckey but I have to disagree completely. [highlight]The school you attend does have to be your die hard favorite team. [/highlight]You can be fans of other teams but there will not be another "your" school. Academics seem to hate to admit this but there is a direct connection between the respect you get for that piece of paper hanging in your office and the success/recognition of your athletic programs. If you want to make that piece of paper more valuable than you do everything in your power to promote respect of your school and your support of athletics is a big part of that. Putting any other school above your own not only is disrespectful to the school but it also indirectly helps to devalue that piece of paper.

Who made these rules?  Being a fan is NOT a sport.   Being a fan is NOT based on legal stipulations.  I also don't think USF winning the Big East will make my Electrical Engineering degree look any better to a company that might want to hire me.  Maybe if I was getting my degree in athletics?  I understand that you guys want all the students to like USF sports.  I do, too.  But it will change with time and winning, not being an a-hole to everyone that grew up supporting another team first.  We need all the fans we can get.  

If we have an amazing season, starting by beating Auburn, then perhaps we pick up all the bandwagon fans.  I don't think Miami sold out every game last year.  It's the same at every school.  If we win consistently people will figure it out.  I try to talk to fellow USF students at my job and they have no clue what is going on with USF, but they sure know what is going on with respect to the national media attention and their other FL schools.  They laugh at the bowl games we go to.  It's just casual fans and bandwagons fans, that's how they are.  Deal with it.  Not everyone is like you.  Try to promote, be positive, tell people about Mike Ford (I play football on campus every week and hardly anyone I play with knows about him), but there is no reason to attack people that are not like you.

Let people support who they want.  Being a fan is not a job for most people.

your right, I forgot we live in a day and age that loyalty is a thing long forgotten

Yeah, because being loyal to a sports team is the real test of a person's character.  Let me repeat:  being a fan is not a job.  Being a fan should be fun and enjoyed however you want.  What you are is way too serious about the situation.  Also, there isn't much loyalty in professional sports because, like most people, athletes go where they can make the most money.  Hard to root for individual players if you only like a certain team.  Shows loyalty to stick with any team now.

Besides that, being staying with the team YOU GREW UP ROOTING FOR shows loyalty and shows you are not a bandwagon fan and that you take being a fan seriously, even if it's too serious like most of you on this topic.

Maybe if you took the time to actually read my posts would would have noticed I made a distinction between your College team and just any old athletic team (actually that was the entire point to my post). There is much more than just being a fan that goes into supporting your school's football team, re-read my post for the details that I don't feel like retyping. Again, I am not saying you should quit being a fan of the other schools, just that supporting your own school is more important as it has other ramifications and yes there is a loyalty factor that isn't there with simply a team that you are a fan of.

and no, sticking with your previous teams over your own school does not show loyalty. You have loyalty to your country, your family, your school etc... you don't have loyalty to a community that you are just an outside wannabe. It may show that you are a die hard fan but sorry I put loyalty a step above fandom. But as I said, this is a day and age of no loyalties aside from "ME ME ME"

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  2,276

If someone did that to me, I'd laugh back at how pathetic it is to laugh at someone for wearing a shirt, nevermind if 2/3 of their wardrobe actually supports the school they are attending.

If I didn't want to be there, I would have transferred.  Seriously, laughing at someone or getting bent out of shape is signs of a major inferiority complex.  I'd like to think that our schools as a whole don't have them, but I'm seeing otherwise.

One must remember, those who laugh are usually "healthier"  ;)

Why not try an experiment...wear your OSU stuff at Michigan...or invite some friendly Big Blue wearing fans down to Columbus...or have some fun "Pitt" fans visit Morgantown....or some cool War Eagle wearing Auburn fans travel to Tuscaloosa.

Let us know how they turn out.

In the meantime, check out this experiment that NIke did between OSU and UF:

VIDEO LINK HERE:

(WATCH VIDEO FIRST BEFORE READING ARTICLE BELOW!)

UF mascot meets icy reception at OSU

By DREW HARWELL

Alligator Staff Writer

Nike+ Day of Reckoning Never has a violent film been so school-spirited.

At the beginning of the video, a statue of UF's Albert the Alligator stands victorious. Why shouldn't he? His school has just won a month-long running race against Ohio State University.

By the end of the clip, however, he's a crumbling heap of what appears to be Styrofoam.

It began with a challenge concocted by Nike. OSU and UF fans were to outfit themselves with Nike+ running gear - which, with an iPod Nano, special running shoes and a sensor, cost at least $265. Fans were instructed to run as many miles as they could in January. Each mile they ran would go toward whichever university they chose to support.

By the end of the month, each school had accrued about 50,000 miles.

But UF fans ended up running about 4,000 miles more. As a result, a statue of the Gators mascot would be placed on OSU's campus in Columbus.

The victory was short-lived.

In a video of the murder submitted to YouTube.com by Nike, a crew is shown erecting the statue on the morning of Feb. 1.

Early in the video, pedestrians pass by with shrugs and inquisitive looks.

Then, like the evolving monkeys in "2001: A Space Odyssey," the Buckeyes close in. One person spits, another tests the statue's sturdiness and another reads the plaque and, realizing its blasphemy, kicks the peaceful Albert in the shin.

Then, the carnage ensues.

As snow lightly falls, a group of hoodlums topple Albert and quickly disperse. Others join in the melee, breaking fingers and batting his skull.

It's almost hard to watch the shattered Albert get beaten with his own arm, which, only minutes before, held a finger gesturing "No. 1."

Albert only got to gloat for about five hours.

One YouTube user, "gatorpower," didn't let the battery hurt his UF pride.

"It's the only way Ohio State can ever beat a Gator," he typed. "Ever."

• Topic Count:  226
  • Content Count:  3,574

Wow... am I actually agreeing with you!?!

• Topic Count:  714
  • Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

^^^^

That's how it should be.

Gives me an idea.

a5018519_33243620_4907.jpg

• Topic Count:  226
  • Content Count:  3,574

^^^^

That's how it should be.

Gives me an idea.

a5018519_33243620_4907.jpg

Oh I agree that's how it should be.

There are a few exceptions that I have already listed.

But I agree with him 100%.