• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Donovan to Kentucky, 3.5 million for 7 years

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,492
  • Days Won:  13

Donovan is going to UK. he wants to be at a basketball school and Florida will always be a football school.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

UK can definitely outbid UF for a basketball coach. They have a $40M practice facility. It is a religion at that school. Not to say UF couldn't match it but I just think UK fans are fanatical and would way overpay.

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  2,276
  • Days Won:  0

I don't see this happening... i don't believe they would do any negotiating prior to the Final four.  Probably some stupid rumor.  I've seen enough of the "reliable" sources lately proving just how "reliable" they really are.

Remember, it was Tubby Smith's agent that was negotiating with Minnesota for the past 6 weeks...even during the SEC Tournament and the NCAA's!

That's why Coaches have lawyers/agents...so they can do all the dirty work...and the coach in the meantime can look "clean" (aka, no direct contact with new team).

PS. As noted...rumors about Donovan to the Heat are brewing as well. Bottom line...Donovan, wherever he coaches at next year, including UF, will be making a boatload MORE $$$$$$.

• Topic Count:  46
  • Content Count:  2,523

I hear ya Velcro, your reactions are the same to me and many of us down here in SEC country.  UF can bid with anyone is our thoughts.  But the guy made this statement to our radio folks, "Kentucky basketball is like Bama football" and that is saying alot when you look at what Bama shelled out for Saban.

I'm not sure where I stand on this, but the people around here are INSANE when it comes to bama football and if the folks in Kentucky are even remotely close to that about their basketball which it looks like they are and they have the $$$ which they do; anything is possible.  

UF is not going to match them forever bc it's just not possible.  At a certain point, every dollar you go higher than Meyer, you better believe he's going to want the same so every dollar for Donovan costs you double what it does Kentucky where basketball is King and what they pay the basketball coach has nothing to do with football.  Not true at UF.

I don't see this happening... i don't believe they would do any negotiating prior to the Final four.  Probably some stupid rumor.  I've seen enough of the "reliable" sources lately proving just how "reliable" they really are.

Remember, it was Tubby Smith's agent that was negotiating with Minnesota for the past 6 weeks...even during the SEC Tournament and the NCAA's!

That's why Coaches have lawyers/agents...so they can do all the dirty work...and the coach in the meantime can look "clean" (aka, no direct contact with new team).

PS. As noted...rumors about Donovan to the Heat are brewing as well. Bottom line...Donovan, wherever he coaches at next year, including UF, will be making a boatload MORE $$$$$$.

go back to your non BCS message board. we dont need your input.

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

Donovan is going to UK. he wants to be at a basketball school and Florida will always be a football school.

Uhh... have you been watching college hoops lately?

UF seems to be BOTH a basketball school and football school.

• Topic Count:  90
  • Content Count:  468

Florida will match anything UK throws at him.

except the fact the UF is not UK I think Florida will have to out bid UK to keep him there but I couldn't care less it has nothing to do with USF

While interesting simply because it's sports-related that Donovan "may" go to UK...have to agree. Don't give a rat's arse about either UF or UK.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

UF has a great program. It doesn't mean they are a basketball school. Did you see the empty seats in New Orleans?

UK has a $40M practice facility. They travel more fans than anyone and play in one of the best college arenas in the country. When was the last time the O-dome hosted an NCAA game?

Football will always come first at UF.

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  2,276

On the court yes...but certainly not off it.

UF, as current National Champions, only sold-out 1 of their 12 non-conf games at home...in their relatively "small" 12,000 seat Arena.

UK draws 23,000 to watch Midnight Madness!

Now which is REALLY a Basketball School?

PS. UF sold very few tix for their first 2 stops in the NCAA...New Orleans and St. Louis.

When UK plays...they practically bring the entire state with them, regardless where they play.

Velcro UF is not a basketball school.