• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Donovan to Kentucky, 3.5 million for 7 years

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  46
  • Content Count:  2,523
  • Days Won:  0

On sports radio this morning, they were talking to the local sports guy from NBC in Kentucky's area who reported that the owner of the Kentucky fan site who travels with the team and is a VERY RELIABLE source said that last night, about 11pm he reported that Donovan's agent communicated to Kentucky Donovan accepted in principle a 7 year deal worth $3.5 million and if he stays all 7 years they'll kick in a "longevity bonus" worth another $3.5 million.  He'll accept after his season is over.

I'm sure if you go to the rivals site and link into the Kentucky one you'll see it all being discussed.  Katpause or something like that.

Just an interesting note I heard on the radio driving in today.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

I don't see this happening... i don't believe they would do any negotiating prior to the Final four.  Probably some stupid rumor.  I've seen enough of the "reliable" sources lately proving just how "reliable" they really are.

Maybe so, but maybe not.  The thinking the guy had this morning was that a bidding war ensued and Kentucky just kept trumping UF and told UF that no matter what they offered, they'd beat it bc they could and after a few rounds UF decided it was a battle they couldn't win and didn't want to end up paying Donovan more than Meyer which would create a whole different problem for the university since football still is the biggest money maker.

That was my first reaction as well, but you never know what happens in these negotiations.  I know one thing, I'd rather live in UK territory than Gainseville!  Not too mention they stated they saw his wife looking at houses there a few days ago and usually that's a pretty good indicator talks are serious.  Maybe not a sure thing, but serious.

• Topic Count:  77
  • Content Count:  585

donovan to heat?

I don't see this happening... i don't believe they would do any negotiating prior to the Final four.  Probably some stupid rumor.  I've seen enough of the "reliable" sources lately proving just how "reliable" they really are.

This stuff happens all the time.  That's why these guys have agents.  Make no mistake, Kentucky basketball is like a religion to people in that area and the boosters behind that program are LOADED as many of them are in the thoroughbred business which is BIG BUCKS.  They can speak to anyone they want whenever they want bc they can afford to.

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

Maybe so, but maybe not.  The thinking the guy had this morning was that a bidding war ensued and Kentucky just kept trumping UF and told UF that no matter what they offered, they'd beat it bc they could and after a few rounds UF decided it was a battle they couldn't win and didn't want to end up paying Donovan more than Meyer which would create a whole different problem for the university since football still is the biggest money maker.

That was my first reaction as well, but you never know what happens in these negotiations.  I know one thing, I'd rather live in UK territory than Gainseville!  Not too mention they stated they saw his wife looking at houses there a few days ago and usually that's a pretty good indicator talks are serious.  Maybe not a sure thing, but serious.

I agree with your second paragraph.

But I won't believe the first one at all, unless it is actually announced.  It sounds like sensationalism, just trying to stir up a frenzy, and that rumor certainly would do that.  UF can pay any amount UK can pay.  Especially considering donovan might bright them back to back championships.  YOu don't let someone steal that type of coach for ANY dollar amount.  UK could not outbid UF.  pretty much zero chance of this happening.

• Topic Count:  77
  • Content Count:  585

Tubby Smith averaged 24/25 wins and 8/9 losses a year. The fans wanted him fired. They was putting for sale signs up in his yard. When he got fired kentucky's rivals board had over 6000 people online.

• Topic Count:  646
  • Content Count:  7,890

Florida will match anything UK throws at him.

except the fact the UF is not UK I think Florida will have to out bid UK to keep him there but I couldn't care less it has nothing to do with USF

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

This was a rumor started by a guy owning the UK Rival's board. He's since recended the rumor has being intangible. That is why you won't see it on ESPN, etc today unless something tangible comes out.

My dad said it best this morning, "Rich Rodriguez to Alabama 20 million over 7 years."

I called him because its all over the radio up this way.

Now lets move it.