• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Auman Quotes McCullum and Calhoun

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  42
  • Days Won:  0

did you see the garbage in greg's blog about how if he knew that usf was going to the big east he would of never taken the job.  that is the kind of crap that bothered people in the first place.  as a former coach you always ALWAYS want to coach on the highest level.  he made it sound like it he was ok with a lesser league but was not ready for the big time.  that says everything about him and is why we were such crap when he was here.  maybe after reading that some of you people who stood up for him can really see what is happening what is going on here.  you had a coach who did not think that he could win, so what do you you think happened with the players.  players can always see right through a phony coach.  maybe you will get off the darksider crap and really start to see the bball program for what it is.

sincerely,

someone who actually gives a crap about the basketball team

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Rueben_Horowitz

As much as it pains me to even mention his name, I find it horribly disgusting that Mac has yet to take any of the blame for his performance. Thank the Lord this guy is gone.

Ha ha, all you Mac lovers are pathetic.

Rueb

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

Very entertaining.  RMc is only saying what Pelphrey and Marshall both think - but can't say.  He's stating that USF was positioned okay for C-USA, not ready for the Big East.  True.  Funny how this gets read and twisted.

• Topic Count:  41
  • Content Count:  292

Who in the right mind wouldn't want to be in a BCS conference.

Well, so far, Ford, Pelphrey, Marshall and Grant have indicated they're not in their right mind ..... Did I miss anybody?

Than that just shows they weren't right for the job or the challenge.  Everyone should have seen the painting on the wall that football was going to take this athletic program to new hights and probably end up in a BCS conference.  I'm not saying anything about McCullum's coaching abilities...I'm just saying that he had to of had some idea that in the short term we would be in a BCS conference.  I think we all talked about hopefully one day joining the BCS ranks...you telling me that our athletic department didn't think that are discuss that with potential coaches.  Do you think CJL was taking this job to stay in CUSA??

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,737
  • Days Won:  425

as a former coach you always ALWAYS want to coach on the highest level.

Unless your name is Ford, Pelphrey, Grant or Marshall ..... Did I leave anybody out?

Who in the right mind wouldn't want to be in a BCS conference.

Well, so far, Ford, Pelphrey, Marshall and Grant have indicated they're not in their right mind ..... Did I miss anybody?

Than that just shows they weren't right for the job or the challenge.

Those are supposedly some of the best young coaches around. I don't think it was THEY that weren't right for the job... it was the job that wasn't right for them.

Everyone should have seen the painting on the wall that football was going to take this athletic program to new hights and probably end up in a BCS conference.  I'm not saying anything about McCullum's coaching abilities...I'm just saying that he had to of had some idea that in the short term we would be in a BCS conference.  I think we all talked about hopefully one day joining the BCS ranks...you telling me that our athletic department didn't think that are discuss that with potential coaches.  Do you think CJL was taking this job to stay in CUSA??

When CJL took the job do you think he had any inkling they'd be in a BCS conference within 10 years?

Obviously, the BE thing wasn't even a glimmer when they hired Mac or they just didn't tell him about it.... which was wrong.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  594

I can't believe every person in this thread has missed the point.

Mac wasn't saying he didn't WANT to be in the Big East. Every coach desires to be at the highest level possible. He said HAD HE KNOWN they were going to the Big East, he'd have never taken the job. Meaning that he saw the funding and support as adequate for CUSA but NOT for the Big East.

You all are reading it completely wrong. I hope we end up with a great coach and a great team, but Seth himself said unless the team gets a huge influx of funding we're going to be Big East bottom dwellers in perpetuity.

• Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  401

Velcro you are way too much of an apologist for a guy that obviously only cares about saving face.

Really bad poker analogy i would love to be across from the table from you. McCullum never really went for it. McCullum is like the poker player who always blames his luck and does not focus on what he can do to win.

I cant wait for a new coach to get here to expose how bad a coach RMC really is. And I will freely express that now since he is no longer here and it does not effect our program. The guy is a second rate coach at best who made the NIT once or twice. So of course he can't win here. He made excuse after excuse, even after he left. He should've had at least enough class to say no comment.

[highlight]I can't believe every person in this thread has missed the point.[/highlight]

Mac wasn't saying he didn't WANT to be in the Big East. Every coach desires to be at the highest level possible. He said HAD HE KNOWN they were going to the Big East, he'd have never taken the job. Meaning that he saw the funding and support as adequate for CUSA but NOT for the Big East.

You all are reading it completely wrong. I hope we end up with a great coach and a great team, but Seth himself said unless the team gets a huge influx of funding we're going to be Big East bottom dwellers in perpetuity.

Every person??   :-/

You just spelled it out simply for those that really didn't understand what he meant....  ;)

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,472
  • Days Won:  35

Velcro you are way too much of an apologist for a guy that obviously only cares about saving face.

Really bad poker analogy i would love to be across from the table from you. McCullum never really went for it. McCullum is like the poker player who always blames his luck and does not focus on what he can do to win.

I cant wait for a new coach to get here to expose how bad a coach RMC really is. And I will freely express that now since he is no longer here and it does not effect our program. The guy is a second rate coach at best who made the NIT once or twice. So of course he can't win here. He made excuse after excuse, even after he left. He should've had at least enough class to say no comment.

The poker analogy deals with the two or three recruits he took chances on who didn't pan out. His back was to the wall and he knew that he needed to bring in guys with incredible athleticism. He was in a losing situation. There is nothing more that can be said to those of you who can't see that. With all that being said, I understand why he is no longer here and I patiently await the announcement of the new coach.