• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Marshall Out according to Bretts Blog

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,087
  • Days Won:  469

When there is no penalty for being wrong, what is there to control the speculative and false reports?

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  1,911
  • Days Won:  0

Brett, keep us informed.  you have supporters here whom appreciate the hard work and tough nose reporting you do.  Not everyone wants to wear our USF pajamas and watch old tapes of the major bowl games we have been to .  Let us know the truth , not what we want to hear.  Thanks

• Topic Count:  232
  • Content Count:  2,511

I found a picture that sums up the attitude on this board right now.

B000BBOVEY.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Brett retracted his story.  While I cannot speak for him, he probably had a source that would have scooped all the other reporters.  That source turned out to be faulty.  Blogging is in "near-real-time".  Things rapidly change.  Give the guy a break.

Many of you guys believed someone with the first initial G and the middle initial W about WMD's in Iraq.  Everyone said give the guy the benefit of the doubt when his claims were false.  Four years later I am still waiting for those WMD's.

Nobody died here in this early report of a potential coaches decision on if he wants to coach at USF or not, which is unlike the other example above.

It is Friday.  Go drink a beer or "make sweet love by the fireside" with your significant other.  Fretting about blog articles will make you go balder than Seth Greenburg.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

^^^ I agree. While I think it sucks that stories come up like that, in the blog eat blog world you gotta take a source and run.

Unfortunately, people, including myself sometimes, take it as the ultimate truth.

We'll find out in a few days if Marshall is the man for the job, I'm skeptical because of his remarks in the State yesterday.

That being said, Wollard has a chance to have a great recruiting visit this weekend.

Brett, keep us informed.  you have supporters here whom appreciate the hard work and tough nose reporting you do.  Not everyone wants to wear our USF pajamas and watch old tapes of the major bowl games we have been to .  Let us know the truth , not what we want to hear.  Thanks

Good cheerleading.  Problem is, Brett was WRONG on:

1)  The alleged contract offer to Marshall (that was not made)

2)  That CBSSportsline.com reported Pelphrey having no interest - read it your self.

3)  That Marshall has withdrawn from consideration

Yeah, cheer on some guy that reports what he "thinks" without regard to the facts and no regard for the impact it could have on the school and its head coaching search.  Yeah that's what we need more of.

• Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  1,911

Brett says is his first line "from what im hearing"  If you take it as a cement fact, thats your fault.  

You say you have a source that says he has NOT withdrawn.  is that a fact?  NOOOOO.

So why get your undies in a bunch, take it for what it is.  Instead of gettting the BULLies or BULLbots to say Brett is making USF an undesireable place to coach, while he is just stating opinions, thats it.  The man gets paid to do what he does.  im guessing the man making the decision to pay him knows a little more than you about his importance to his job.  Again Im just guessing, dont take it as a fact.  

Brett says is his first line "from what im hearing"  If you take it as a cement fact, thats your fault.  

I don't, unfortunately others do, likely because of the tie to a "news" reporting outfit which does have some credibility.

You say you have a source that says he has NOT withdrawn.  is that a fact?  NOOOOO.

Much more likley to be fact...as Mr. Katz has confirmed.  And I'm not peddling stories for attention.

So why get your undies in a bunch, take it for what it is.  

I did...speculation...nontruth.

Instead of gettting the BULLies or BULLbots to say Brett is making USF an undesireable place to coach,

Never said that...you have a problem.

while he is just stating opinions, thats it.  The man gets paid to do what he does.  

So do writers at the National Enquirer, so?

im guessing the man making the decision to pay him knows a little more than you about his importance to his job.  Again Im just guessing, dont take it as a fact.  

I'm not worried about his job.

People need to know there is a big difference between what Brett is hearing or thinks and what the facts might really be.  You may understand Brett also holds a position as beat writer and with that goes a need to be credible.  Some may assume what Brett hears as being credible.  Judging by the reaction on this board that is a fact.  Someone needs to stand up to the nonsense and point out just how wrong Brett has heard things lately.

The race to be first should not sacrifice the need to be right.

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,848
  • Days Won:  22

agreed if you dont believe it look at the UCFers already posting links to his blogs to prove that Marshall turn down USF and that no one wants to come here.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,508
  • Days Won:  13

as i recall Brett had the Pelphrey interview reported the same day as Gregg had USF was givenb permission to talk to USF.

I think both guys do a great job.

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Somebody is selling USF pajamas?  Sign me up.   ;D