• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Marshall Out according to Bretts Blog

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  646
  • Content Count:  7,890
  • Days Won:  0

DONT TRUST WHAT YOU READ IN THE TRIB

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Ya, I saw those USFan, thats why I'm skeptical. That Andy Katz article was posted this morning however. Things could have changed. I will wai before I cross out Marshall.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  261

We've courted Marshall for a little under a week and this guy has shown marginal interest in our program. If he wanted to coach USF I think he would of made more of an effort to do so. Any coach that uses us as a "Plan B" should not coach at USF. This act shows the amount of desire the coach has for the program. This seems like the type of coach that will bolt the minute something bigger comes along. Regardless of the truth to this article, he is not my first choice anymore. I admire Pete Gillen's desire to coach USF. With limited resources, facilities and such we need a coach that will show dedication to the program no matter the circumstances.

Pete Gillen

Tommy Amaker

Steve Lowry

Despite the conditions involved, Steve Alford had no issues or "let's wait and see what blows over problems" in signing with UNM.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Thats because Alford was looking for the 1st train out of Iowa...

PS - There is a report out that Gillen is not interested in the job.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  261

Thanks Dickie V. "USF is the worst coaching job in the nation. O yea baby. They can't get any diaper dandies to go down there and play now. Hey Sooouth Florida what are youuu going to do now? Seems like trouble." Dickie V is a moron..him, Mel Kiper, Mark Scherleth, Sean Salisbury Steak, and Stephen Smith.

We will get our coach, soon.

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

We need a CJL type for basketball.  Not a big name, but someone that truly wants to be here and thinks he can build this program.  Does such a person exist?  I am starting to think not.

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  3

see my post about jim yarbrough.

he is from tampa, so he might be willing to stay for a long time and build something.

• Topic Count:  134
  • Content Count:  1,158

Thanks Dickie V. "USF is the worst coaching job in the nation. O yea baby. They can't get any diaper dandies to go down there and play now. Hey Sooouth Florida what are youuu going to do now? Seems like trouble." Dickie V is a moron..him, Mel Kiper, Mark Scherleth, Sean Salisbury Steak, and Stephen Smith.

We will get our coach, soon.

Just a clarification, he said toughest not worst.  Big difference between the toughest and worst.

Eric

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,087
  • Days Won:  469

http://www.tboblogs.com/index.php/sports/comments/no-marshall-in-plan-for-usf/

No Marshall in plan for USF

Posted By Brett McMurphy at Mar 23, 2007 at 03:09 PM

Updated Mar 23, 2007 at 03:23 PM

From what I’m hearing Winthrop coach Gregg Marshall has informed University of South Florida athletic director Doug Woolard to remove his name from consideration for the USF job.

After meeting with Woolard Tuesday in Rock Hill, S.C., Marshall had been targeted to become USF’s next coach. However, Marshall is expected to receive a new 10-year deal to remain at Winthrop, where he has led the Eagles to seven NCAA Tournaments in nine seasons.

Marshall, VCU’s Anthony Grant and UMass’ Travis Ford are among the candidates that USF has pursued that are not interested in the position.

The question now is: where should USF turn next?

Who's next?

It's hard not to question the credibility of this. I know reporters can't be perfect but there is a blog 2 stories below this stating that Palphrey turned down the USF job (which is untrue). I know Brett acknowledged his mistake but only under the comments section - which I hardly bother to read.

No offense to Brett but I hope he's wrong. It's pretty discouraging readin about people in my top 5 turn down the job.

A source tells me that Marshall HAS NOT WITHDRAWN.  

My opinin is that this may be more speculation fomented by a (bunch of) bogger(s) looking for a story.  

I'm not sure about Brett's comment regarding Grant either - another journalist has reported no USF interest in Grant.

Good to see our hometown blogger is attempting to paint USF as the place no one wants to go.  

I seem to be picking up on Brett's schtick, i.e. the fact that no offer had been made to Marshall, but he implies there was.  What really bothers me is this stuff gets fed to SI and other writers/bloggers that perpetuate it whether 'tis true or not.

My advice to Bulls fans is to be very cautious when deciding to place trust in what is being reported.

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

http://www.tboblogs.com/index.php/sports/comments/no-marshall-in-plan-for-usf/

No Marshall in plan for USF

Posted By Brett McMurphy at Mar 23, 2007 at 03:09 PM

Updated Mar 23, 2007 at 03:23 PM

From what I’m hearing Winthrop coach Gregg Marshall has informed University of South Florida athletic director Doug Woolard to remove his name from consideration for the USF job.

After meeting with Woolard Tuesday in Rock Hill, S.C., Marshall had been targeted to become USF’s next coach. However, Marshall is expected to receive a new 10-year deal to remain at Winthrop, where he has led the Eagles to seven NCAA Tournaments in nine seasons.

Marshall, VCU’s Anthony Grant and UMass’ Travis Ford are among the candidates that USF has pursued that are not interested in the position.

The question now is: where should USF turn next?

Who's next?

It's hard not to question the credibility of this. I know reporters can't be perfect but there is a blog 2 stories below this stating that Palphrey turned down the USF job (which is untrue). I know Brett acknowledged his mistake but only under the comments section - which I hardly bother to read.

No offense to Brett but I hope he's wrong. It's pretty discouraging readin about people in my top 5 turn down the job.

A source tells me that Marshall HAS NOT WITHDRAWN.  

My opinin is that this may be more speculation fomented by a (bunch of) bogger(s) looking for a story.  

I'm not sure about Brett's comment regarding Grant either - another journalist has reported no USF interest in Grant.

Good to see our hometown blogger is attempting to paint USF as the place no one wants to go.  

I seem to be picking up on Brett's schtick, i.e. the fact that no offer had been made to Marshall, but he implies there was.  What really bothers me is this stuff gets fed to SI and other writers/bloggers that perpetuate it whether 'tis true or not.

My advice to Bulls fans is to be very cautious when deciding to place trust in what is being reported.

And my advice is to support Greg who actually researches things before publishing them and doesn't have a grudge against USF ;)