• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Tubby Smith Leaves UK for Minnesota

Guest Rueben_Horowitz

4 elite eights and a national championship in 10yrs and the guy leaves to avoid losing his job...That's dedication to excellence.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  261
  • Days Won:  0

did tubby have connections to minn or was his just looking for a fresh start? I'm prob bias coming from Mich and all, but I would of gone with Michigan over Minn in a heartbeat. I'm assuming that Tubby wanted to coach in a low-pressure/expectations environment.

• Topic Count:  469
  • Content Count:  4,451

After the VATech NCAA run, its gotta be all Greenberg baby!  :D

• Topic Count:  963
  • Content Count:  9,765
  • Days Won:  9

Adolf Rupp might not still be coaching the Wildcats, but the perception of those attitudes still reside in Lexington when a coach like Tubby gets forced out.

• Topic Count:  46
  • Content Count:  2,523

Pretty wild when you deliver 20+ win seasons and an NCAA appearance EVERY YEAR and they can't wait to show you the door!  That's gotta be fun!  Shoot, winning the whole thing at that point would be more of a relief than "fun" I would imagine.  But hey, pay me that kind of money and I'd find a way to deal!

• Topic Count:  41
  • Content Count:  477

4 elite eights and a national championship in 10yrs and the guy leaves to avoid losing his job...That's dedication to excellence.

What a retarded comment that is.

How about 4 elite eights and a national championship -- yet he has an AD and fan base that won't get off his ass.

The guy takes a sub-par team to the 2nd round of the NCAA's and people talk like he should be fired...

That right there is a big middle finger to the entire KY organization.

Way to go Tubby.

Just another example of the fact that the labor and capital market is a two way street.

Makes me think we should have made a run at Tubby..  Can't really see MN having that much to offer.

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  928

No need to beat yourself up over it

Guest Rueben_Horowitz

How about 4 elite eights and a national championship -- yet he has an AD and fan base that won't get off his ass.

The guy takes a sub-par team to the 2nd round of the NCAA's and people talk like he should be fired...

That right there is a big middle finger to the entire KY organization.

Way to go Tubby.

Just another example of the fact that the labor and capital market is a two way street.

Makes me think we should have made a run at Tubby..  Can't really see MN having that much to offer.

JoeBalls- This speaks to your whining 'whoa is me' attitude.

You think people are entitled to their job simply b/c they don't 'screw up'. Wake up you whiny liberal, this is a capitalistic society...If you don't do as good or better than the guy b/f you, your a$$ gets fired. Learn to deal with it.

Why would UK keep somebody that has only gone downhill since his arrival?

BTW - UK should NEVER have a subpar team.

• Topic Count:  41
  • Content Count:  477

Rueb...

Tubby Smith found out that his services would be more valued at another university and told his current employer that he no longer wished to provide his services to them.

I know that is a tough thing to understand in your republican head.

But you can't sit here and tell me that Tubby Smith didn't perform.

I think he gives them the fat middle finger and slaps these facts on his resume and tells them they can kiss his ass on the way out the door.  Way to go tubby.

--

Smith has led Kentucky to one National Championship in 1998, a perfect 16-0 regular season conference record in 2003, five SEC regular season championships (1998, 1999, 2001, 2003, 2005) and five SEC Tournament titles (1998, 1999, 2001, 2003, 2004), with six Sweet Sixteen finishes and three Elite Eight finishes (1999, 2003, 2005) in his nine seasons. He totaled 100 wins quicker than any other Wildcat coach except Hall of Famer Adolph Rupp, reaching the plateau in 130 games.