• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Any USF Golf fans out there we should know about?

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,087
  • Days Won:  469

Courtesy USF SID

Two Bulls Finish In Top 20 At Carter Plantation, Team Places 11th

TAMPA, Fla. (March 13, 2007) – Senior Justin Fetcho carded a third-round 74 to lead the University of South Florida golf team to an 11th-place finish at the Carter Plantation Intercollegiate held in Springfield, La.

Fetcho ended the tournament with a 73-73-74 - 220, eight strokes behind tournament medalist James Taverner (212) of Southeastern Louisiana. Daniel Burns of South Alabama placed second (213) and Daniel Willett’s (Jacksonville State) 214 was third.  

Southeastern Louisiana won the team event, registering an 862, followed by Middle Tennessee State at 868 and South Alabama (879).  

USF senior Kevin Tilbury was just two strokes behind Fetcho, carding a 73-76-73-222 in the 74-player event.  

Freshman Raj Nahal and senior Luis Cargiulo each registered 234 to tie for 58th while sophomore Parker Ferren rounded out the USF squad with a 245.  

USF next travels to Mobile, Ala., to play in the USA Spring Classic held at Herron Lakes Country Club on March 26-27.

11 USF, 302-303-299-904

T 14 Justin Fetcho, 73-73-74-220

T 18 Kevin Tilbury, 73-76-73-222

T 58 Raj Nahal, 84-72-78-234

T 58 Luigi Cargiulo, 78-82-74-234

T 71 Parker Ferren, 78-86-81-245

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Content Count:  477
  • Days Won:  0

Jim Fee should have been fired about 5 seasons back.

He runs the worst program at the school.

Look through the records and find me the last time the USF Mens Golf team made it to an NCAA Regional......  you will get pretty close to 20 B.C.

We have headlines now promoting the fact that USF finished 11th in a 15 team field.

Woolard is slowly changing this.  Once he gets basketball under control every single coach at this University will know that his job is on the line.

You can't sit back and collect a check and put up doormat results.

Somebody explain to me how we can almost finish dead last (14 of 16 teams) in the our own Golf Tournament (Ron Smith Invitational) and the coach can still have his job.

We finished behind Nebraska, Marshall and Austin Peay!

We have a guy on the team that shot 90, 83, 76.  He shot a 90!

Embarrasing.  

Marquette has a better golf team then we do and they only see the grass 5 of the 12 months of the year.  I am not even sure where they practice in Jan.

A golf team in Florida that finishes behind a golf team from Wisconsin.

That is like the surfing team at Witchata State finishing ahead of UCLA in the spring surfing competition.

Jim Fee is just one more coach that needs to be pushed out.

Ari - who continues his fight against sub-standard athletics at his alma-mater.

• Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  1,911

JoeBulls, a little bitter Jim wouldnt give you a look as a walk on in 98 are you?  

pretty funny and true about how a team in wisconsin can finish ahead of a team in Florida.  

I think Woolard is going to be the man to take all usf sports to an elite level.  Fingers crossed.  

• Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  42

Joe- Couldn't agree with you more about the USF Men's Golf Program.  

The only local kids on the roster are usually transfers coming back home for some reason.  Why hasn't Fee recruited from the Greater Tampa Junior Golf Association?  It's a joke with IMG and Saddlebrook within 60 miles of campus and our team is on level with Army or Rutgers golf?  

Perfect example of our athletic program accepting average teams.  This will change very soon, ala Coach Cardieri..............................

NY BULL

Yeah NY -- he will tell you its the facilities.

But that is a bunch of bull.  Tampa Palms pretty much extends its golf course to the women's team and cant see why they wouldnt for the mens team.

Plus that course isn't that bad.  It has a decent driving range and isn't like the golf course up at UF was much better when they were turning out Chris DiMarco, Steve Scott, Raymon Floyd Jr., Camillio Villegas, Dudley Hart etc.

Heck -- Florida Southern College fields a team that is 10 fold what USF puts out every year and they don't even have a college course.

It also should be embarrasing to Jim Fee that the women's program is solid year in and out, but the men are terrible.

He use to complain that he was saddled with running the golf course and coaching the team, but the department freed him up of his duties to manage the course and the team still is awful.

Something will eventually have to give.

A golf team in Florida shouldnt be that bad.

• Topic Count:  45
  • Content Count:  433

Jim Fee should have been fired about 5 seasons back.

He runs the worst program at the school.

Look through the records and find me the last time the USF Mens Golf team made it to an NCAA Regional......  you will get pretty close to 20 B.C.

We have headlines now promoting the fact that USF finished 11th in a 15 team field.

Woolard is slowly changing this.  Once he gets basketball under control every single coach at this University will know that his job is on the line.

You can't sit back and collect a check and put up doormat results.

Somebody explain to me how we can almost finish dead last (14 of 16 teams) in the our own Golf Tournament (Ron Smith Invitational) and the coach can still have his job.

We finished behind Nebraska, Marshall and Austin Peay!

We have a guy on the team that shot 90, 83, 76.  He shot a 90!

Embarrasing.  

Marquette has a better golf team then we do and they only see the grass 5 of the 12 months of the year.  I am not even sure where they practice in Jan.

A golf team in Florida that finishes behind a golf team from Wisconsin.

That is like the surfing team at Witchata State finishing ahead of UCLA in the spring surfing competition.

Jim Fee is just one more coach that needs to be pushed out.

Ari - who continues his fight against sub-standard athletics at his alma-mater.

Haha, i played the claw today and i shot a 90!

You should talk to the coach about a scholarship.

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  187

This problem is not new to USF Men's golf.  When I was in school our intramural golf team shot a lower 4 man team score at the Claw than the USF Men's team did in their invitational.

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  701

his no walk on policy is terrible.  I was a 1 handicap outta high school.  My little brother is scratch and didnt give him a try out either...

fee's an idiot.  high school teams can beat usf golf

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

his no walk on policy is terrible.  I was a 1 handicap outta high school.  My little brother is scratch and didnt give him a try out either...

fee's an idiot.  high school teams can beat usf golf

I concur... I tried walking on for the previous coach, missed the cut, then he was fired and Fee came in and didn't get a chance after that.