• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

What kind of a bball move would make you happy?

Guest BasketBull.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

Cronin was a "hot" assistant at UC and UL...

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,851
  • Days Won:  22

I would like to hear that we have hired someone with a track record and name. that would mean to me USF has stepped up in salary and assurances of program upgrades. If we get another midmajor coach then ill be concerned at wether we have just upped the salary while everything else remains the same.

I think its not only salary but

upgrade Sun Dome, not only court,seats,scoreboard and food facilities, but coaching offices there, weight room,locker rooms for basketball which are found in there for BOTH men's and womens teams.

Have a dedicated practice facility for both teams so they dont have to work their practices around other Sun Dome events.

offer charter flights to ANY games that you need connecting flights.I can understnad commercial flights to Pitt etc if they are nonstop. but if our kids have to connect flights or take a bus from Pitt to Morgantown then consideration for a charter to Morgantown should be a priority.

These are just somethings other programs already have and we need to at least come close to matching to compete with them

• Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  1,433
  • Days Won:  0

This would be a good time for those of us that have lofty ideas about the program to begin getting off our wallets.  We want big time, we want success but at what price?  It's all about the $$$ and it takes "us".

• Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  1,433

This would be a good time for those of us that have lofty ideas about the program to begin getting off our wallets.  We want big time, we want success but at what price?  It's all about the $$$ and it takes "us".

And that is NOT directed at any one individual posting in this particular thread.  Us is "us"

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

And that is NOT directed at any one individual posting in this particular thread.  Us is "us"

USF

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  642

I think Bullsayer made a good point too.

Also, a lot of the talk I see on here has been "What coaches are available" as if we have to sift through the dumpster of fired or embarassed out of work coaches.

I'd like to see us focus on the guy we believe will get it done and go out and get him.  We don't need a reject who's desperately looking for work.  We need to select our guy and go get him (as several have tried with Leavitt).

Not taking the back seat anymore starts right now.  It's a tall order, because having that kind of vision will cost big dollars.  I will be impressed when we go take a quality, proven head coach away from another proven program.

I'm just not for rolling the dice on a cast-off or some assistant with "potential."

Could not agree more. We need to take someone who has a job and is performing well, one who is maturing and advancing. I hope we can go after a guy like Grant from VCU.

• Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  919

Any of the top 3 listed on Greg's blog would be OK with me - Grant, Lowery, or Gottfried.  Actually, I would prefer Gottfried if he is available.  I do think we need a 'name' coach who can attract interest to the Program.  Grant and Lowery are hot commodities right now, but not in the same league yet as Gottfried.

Guest BasketBull.

Dare I feel excited?  --My whittle heart has been crushed so many times now!

1) USF could have kept the staff and use the excuse of "Blah, blah ...it takes time. Blah Blah..."

2) Our AD goes on record and makes such a statement... He's a basketball man, after all. St. Louis IS making a lot of profit from men's bball, which he ran when he was there.

3) We ARE in the Big East where there is bball $$$ to be had...

Can we Bulls take this to mean something more than the old way of doing things and have some bball hope???

• Topic Count:  226
  • Content Count:  3,574

Let's remember that the majority of the high salaries have low BASE salaries.

Get a big name, give him a fair base salary... and his name alone will give him the extra salary to make him feel comfortable to come to USF.

DW will not disappoint us… he is serious about it.

• Topic Count:  963
  • Content Count:  9,765
  • Days Won:  9

The kind that wins games.  This includes in the Big East.  We need to start building a winner to get us to the conference tourney first, then the postseason (NIT or NCAAs).  Its possible at USF, we just need to find the right guy and move forward.