• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The longer Woolard takes, The less likely...

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,712
  • Days Won:  424

Well, Brett will have two immediate options upon the announcement:

McCullum fired - McMurphy:  " I told you so"

McCullum retained - McMurphy:  "USF Not Serious About Basketball"

You are probably right.

If RMC is fired....Brett was the first to spell out why.

[highlight]If RMC is retained...he would be right again as for any coach to have a 10-54 Conf record after 4 years...but STILL isn't fired...no one at USF can say with a straight face that they are serious about USF Hoops[/highlight].

With both smazza and this  [smiley=loser.gif]  echoing their sentiments, you'd think it would get the darksiders to take a step back and re-evaluate their situation.

And with every opposing Big East Head Coach who is in need of conference wins taking your position (please, please, please, Mr. Woolard......don't fire Coach McCullum!!), one would think you guys would re-evaluate YOUR position.

At least we're aligned with people who actually know something about college hoops...  ::)

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  166
  • Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

I say give him one more chance.

• Topic Count:  724
  • Content Count:  10,219
  • Days Won:  0

I think MAC stays but Woolard lays down "GOALS THAT MUST BE MET!"

- Winning record

- Make the Big East Tourney

- Make it to the NITs

Woolard can safe face and money with an ultimatium!

And then when every single one of those goals is unmet, we'll be here in March of 2008 doing this all over again.

no! we would be sitting here with more BE $$ (maybe some BCS football money ;D), less to pay mac, and more of the total ath infraturcture in place or on the way. and usf would have the REP of giving coaches a fair chance (3 years in BE) to prove themselves.

DW would be able to step away from mac and justify putting serious $$ out in facilties and salaries to bring in a new coach.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  339

He's got to have somebody else in  mind before he pulls the trigger.  He can't just go out and hire somebody "new."  They have to be somebody who is right for the position.  We truly could do worse than CRM and Mr. Woolard knows that.  We've already heard a couple of solid candidates say that they could consider leaving their current positions if they had a "great situation" to step into as a HC.  Well, i'm not sure those guys would even consider USF right now.  I hope woolard is trying to see what kind of options we have out there before he pulls the trigger on CRM.  

At this point, I think either way we will be better next season.  

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,501

when will it be announced?

Rumor was Thursday or Friday this week.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,712
  • Days Won:  424

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,501

He's got to have somebody else in  mind before he pulls the trigger.  He can't just go out and hire somebody "new."  They have to be somebody who is right for the position.  We truly could do worse than CRM and Mr. Woolard knows that.  We've already heard a couple of solid candidates say that they could consider leaving their current positions if they had a "great situation" to step into as a HC.  Well, i'm not sure those guys would even consider USF right now.  I hope woolard is trying to see what kind of options we have out there before he pulls the trigger on CRM.  

At this point, I think either way we will be better next season.  

You are right on point.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,070
  • Days Won:  469

I think MAC stays but Woolard lays down "GOALS THAT MUST BE MET!"

- Winning record

- Make the Big East Tourney

- Make it to the NITs

Woolard can safe face and money with an ultimatium!

And then when every single one of those goals is unmet, we'll be here in March of 2008 doing this all over again.

So... what if DW decides we should ride this one more year and renegotiates the contract with RMc so that it is more favorable to USF - meaning that should performance not meet expectations there is an easy out for USF?  If he decides that RMc stays, I'd want to write a new deal that would extend him (for recruiting purposes) with no guaranteed contract or buyout thereby giving me as AD the ability to pull the trigger at any time from this day forward.  It would be a tough negotiation, but right now DW holds all the cards.  If RMc believes in his system and players, he should be willing to give a little.  At the very least it buys DW some time to 1)  see if this rate of improvement can increase, 2) consider other options (what part has not been done already), and 3) put financing together for future coach package/program improvement.

I don't believe that DW will go another year without putting himself and the school in a position to come out just fine.  We need to give a little more credit than we usually do.  If the majority of boosters still support RMc, DW has to listen.

Guest 1Bullsfan

Now everyone put on the "recruit" hat, why would you want to come play at USF if you know the coach has just one year? Especially if you like RMC.