• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

McMurphy Says McCullum Will Be Fired

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  2,276
  • Days Won:  0

He was realistic about his odds of getting another Division I coaching job.

"Well, I can't get a head coaching job, because if you get fired for cheating you can get hired right back again," Waltman said. "But if you get fired for losing you're like you've got leprosy.

"Young coaches need to keep that in mind. Cheating and not graduating players will not get you into trouble, but boy losing will."

This reminds me of your football coach  ;D ;D

Hey..you know I'm not a FSU or UF fan...right?  ;)

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,088
  • Days Won:  469

This is a business.  You are paid very good money to coach that team.  I think a university has every right to demand results after 4-7 years at the helm.  Everyone acts like these guys are getting paid 10 dollars an hour.  They are making in excess of 150k dollars a year.  I am sorry, but I don't have any sympathy.

You'll have sympathy when you start earning that kind of money.  Believe me, McCullums' 200K is probably equivalent to about 50K in the real world.  the amount of time and stress and requirements.  And of course, a university has every right to demand results...  ??  Who said otherwise?

It's not a gig at the 7-11.  Most people that are earning in that range realize that when it is all said and done they are working so many hours it's not really all that much when you break it down.

Comparatively speaking if RMc brought us 8 BE wins for 200k a year we would have a bargain compared to what other schools are paying.  

All in all, just because he makes what seems like a lot of money to you, doesn't mean he has all the tools to be successful.

If he is soon let go, we'll all see what a new coach will cost.  Since there are not a lot of candidates looking for jobs, we'll have to go out and incent someone to come here.  If we want to win in the next 2-3 years we will be paying dearly.  

200K will look like chump change - which is about what it is in Big East Basketball.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,501

Back to the original intent of the post:

McMurphy Says McCullum Will Be Fired

That's a very safe play...

i said he should have been fired last year

]

and predicted his firing this year

i am a genius

You may a genius but you continue to lie - you said give him another year last year.  Why do you fabricate these tales ?

He was "for it" before he was "against it".

• Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  1,911

I dont know guys, but sitting mcHugh Mattis on his last basketball game as a bull .  I dont like it, especially after all he has done for mac and us.  I sincerely hope there was a good reason and it wasnt a case of mac not wanting to swallow some pride.  We will never really know the reason.  

I also keep hearing that we shouldnt let him go unless we are going to pony up some real cash for a real coach.  Personally, and im sure a lot feel the same, i think you can bring in another coach at the same salary with no name and it can only get better.  Maybe, just maybe, mac isnt as good as a coach as some of you think.  Maybe, i know it may be off the wall, but mac's record really reflects his coaching ability.  I know its reeaalll far fetced, but maybe. (i hope you can sense sarcasm).  

my gut feeling say that woolard is not a liar and the improvement obviously was not enough and he will make the change.  My question is will it be on Monday or Tuesday?

I also keep hearing that we shouldnt let him go unless we are going to pony up some real cash for a real coach.  Personally, and im sure a lot feel the same, i think you can bring in another coach at the same salary with no name and it can only get better.  

Okay, so pretend Jack Mehoff was our present coach, and we decided "Cripes, it can't get any worse" and we brought in a guy at the same salary named Robert McCullum.  You defeat your own argument.  

my gut feeling say that woolard is not a liar and the improvement obviously was not enough and he will make the change.  

Well your gut is a little disingenuous to phrase it that way.  You can't determine him to be a "liar" if your definition of improvement does not match his.  

This post is mostly bush league Hermie, you can do better.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,737
  • Days Won:  425

I dont know guys, but sitting mcHugh Mattis on his last basketball game as a bull . I dont like it, especially after all he has done for mac and us.  I sincerely hope there was a good reason and it wasnt a case of mac not wanting to swallow some pride.  We will never really know the reason.

Just in case some weren't aware, and with your melodramatics, you didn't clarify, he didn't sit the whole game. He played 22 min.

Personally, and im sure a lot feel the same, i think you can bring in another coach at the same salary with no name and[highlight] it can only get better[/highlight].

I think ALL would agee, at least pertaining to next season. No matter who is coaching next year, the team should be improved because of more talent available to play.  

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  3,403

It's not a gig at the 7-11.  Most people that are earning in that range realize that when it is all said and done they are working so many hours it's not really all that much when you break it down.

yeah, working at 7-11 is more dangerous.  How many coaches get robbed at gunpoint?  Poor coaches and their stress to win...  Aren't coaches limited each week in how much time they can spend with the team?  $200,000 is A LOT.

Comparatively speaking if RMc brought us 8 BE wins for 200k a year we would have a bargain compared to what other schools are paying.

too bad he only got us 3.  oh yeah, and 1 last year.  not such a bargain.