• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

If you were the AD what would you do with Mac

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  642
  • Days Won:  0

Pardon me if I defer to someone whose actual job it is to make these type decisions.

[highlight]This is an internet forum that discussing USF athletics; it's okay to have your own opinion. You should try it sometime. [/highlight]

You're right ... and the first thing I would do is set up some kind of commission to investigate the ever increasing disease commonly known as schizophrenia.

Good idea. While you're at it, try and figure out what causes pathetically low expectations, infinite patience, and unrewarded loyalty.

Rueb ~ Fight the power

The highlighted portion represents what may be the most true and valid statement I have ever read on these boards.

Thanks, Rueb.  Well said.

Man and I thought I was alone. Glad to see others feel this way too. It's like if you have an original thought you get crucified! Or if you "OVER SPECULATE," oh...wait...that's an opinion ::)

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,330
  • Content Count:  97,047
  • Days Won:  469

wahhing.gif

If I am AD, I have a town hall meeting with the Dark Siders and bring donuts.

Not meaning to me a smart arse, but like the AD, I consider the season over when the last game is played.  At that time, I'll speak as if I am the AD.

• Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  1,911

mmmmm donuts

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  642

OMG, now that's funny ;D

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  4,016

[

I think, just my opinion not necessarily my desire, he keeps him a year...one of two things happen by then; 1. CRM continues the maturation process of this young but talented team and they make MSG and the NIT at that point Woolard either keeps him or CRM leaves and we get a coach still on the cheap but there are more built in advantages and some momentum for the guy to sustain so a top notch coach isn't needed; 2.  CRM has another bad year, oh well the buyout is smaller, and hopefully, the SunDome naming rights and a few other planned improvements get off the ground and it will make a change more feasible, even a good one.

Kinda like a small town townie wanting to leave for the big city but always getting told 'maybe next year'.

Not my desire either, but i think that is pretty much how it is going to go down.  I just cant believe there isnt one donor out there that isnt interested enough to buy out that contract.  It will only help in the long run, imo.  

i might start standing outside of publix with a red can and a santa outfit for the money.   Anyone wanna pitch in?

Herm it's more than the buyout it's also the required upgrades.  We don't have a donor willing to chip in $3-5M just for great hoops, if we did he could start by chipping in that much for Dome upgrades, and a baseball stadium- but alas we don't have one of those donors either.

Conventionally speaking I don't know to a man that doesn't want great basketball at USF.  However, a realist isn't someone that wants change, that's someone that isn't near sighted, a realist is one that recognizes the limitations and understands why certain decisions are made.

Realistically speaking if a firing is made USF is back to the drawing board, and names that start showing up are guys like Willard at Holy Cross, or Kirk Speraw at UCF, or Pelphries at S. Bama...none are bad, but all have chinks that will leave some scratching their heads.  Although wait a year, the buyout drops, potential the program is on better footing, and some facilities upgrades get off the ground, then maybe your chasing a Lichtler at Butler type, or maybe even Grant.  We'll see.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,669
  • Days Won:  424

Wouldn't pizza be better .... all things considered?

• Topic Count:  724
  • Content Count:  10,219

This is hilarious; and disgusting.

Things couldn't be worse. Year after year USF proves that it has absolutely no interest in a winning bb program.

SG jumps ship to VTech, and he's going to win 20 games this year. We pass on Huggins who is also going to win 20 games.

We stick with this lame duck coach who hasn't been able to recruit ONE highly touted player to the BE...He hasn't even recruited ONE decent player out of highschool. ZERO conference road victories!!! This is freakin ridiculous.

Where are your expectations fellas?

How freakin stupid do you have to be to think he deserves another year? An extension?? You must be kidding.

Trip - You support any decision that DW makes? That is so weak. You should be in politics.

Rueb ~ Fighting for a better USF BB program

this is funny stuff :P ;D ::)

• Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  44

As far as naming rights for the Sun Dome, all contracts that large in stature hit snags and such.  

THE FACT IS...Action Sports Media (rights holder for the USF Sundome) has the naming rights as priority #1.  Don't be suprised to see something finalized within the year.

-IN(side)bull