• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Wow did we miss out....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Content Count:  1,479
  • Days Won:  0

Actually, there are enough northerners in Florida to make it seem like hockeytown USA.  The NHL knew that if they put some teams down here, they would get great support because of that, and they were right.  The NBA chose to expand into smaller metropolitan areas, why do you think that happened?

Please....if the Magic moved to Tampa they would draw around the same number of fans. Check their preseason game attendance records at the forum.

You're telling me thast you know more than the NBA?  The NBA was wrong to not seek to put a team in Tampa.  I love it, you guys are just too funny.  Tampa ain't a bball town, deal with it.

I guess you no more then the NCAA....I am pretty sure Tampa has hosted it's fair share of Tourney games.

I'll agree w/ Mike on that. How many people do you think in attendence were actually from the Tampa Bay area? Almost none. Tampa is hosting the Frozen Four in a few years, do you think the entire city of Tampa comes out to support USF hockey games? Or would they if we went D-1 in hockey?

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  3,403

Actually, there are enough northerners in Florida to make it seem like hockeytown USA.  The NHL knew that if they put some teams down here, they would get great support because of that, and they were right.  The NBA chose to expand into smaller metropolitan areas, why do you think that happened?

Please....if the Magic moved to Tampa they would draw around the same number of fans. Check their preseason game attendance records at the forum.

You're telling me thast you know more than the NBA?  The NBA was wrong to not seek to put a team in Tampa.  I love it, you guys are just too funny.  Tampa ain't a bball town, deal with it.

There are plenty of professional teams that don't get the support they could have if they moved to a different city, but to suggest you know the interest of all of Tampa regarding basketball is ridiculous.  it is entirely possible just as many fans would go to games here.  the marlins hardly get fans to go to a team that won 2 world series (more than the braves), yet they seem to have good basketball attendance.  shaq and wade sell tickets.  the magic would have better ticket sales if their team was better and had a star player.  all tampa would need is a team with star power or a successful program.

if USF was having success most people on campus would start going.  you know how big march madness is...if only we participated...

• Topic Count:  826
  • Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

I guess you no more then the NCAA....I am pretty sure Tampa has hosted it's fair share of Tourney games.

Another apples to oranges comparison, you guys are just full of them!  Are you really trying to tell me that Tampa is a bball town because the Tourney has been hosted here?  That is fricking HILARIOUS!

EVERY city wants to host the tourney, just like every city wants to host the Superbowl, just like every city wants to host the All-Star game.  The NCAA loves to do it in Florida because of the weather.  Tampa happens to be a great spot for them to use.  It certainly isn't because tampa supports college basketball, that's hilarious.

Keep those fallacies coming...

If KSU wins, I'll proclaim 02/19 AriJoeHermAbeRuebPlusManyMore Day.

If they win by more than 10, I'll proclaim it "Share an IP address Day".

well, k-state is 4th in the big 12 at 8-4 (2 games up on tied-for-5th, 6-6 texas tech, coached by a legend), so the odds aren't terrible.

• Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  193

Makes no difference, tourney would sell out on Jupiter people travel into town to see it.

I agree....but do they draw Tampa out of a hat???

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

If Tampa was a bball town, it would have gotten an NBA franchise.  Sorry, but bball isn't a priority for Tampa.  Prove that Tampa would sell out the dome each game, Mr. Know-Nothing-at-all.  I'm waiting... ::)

Not true. The NBA when granting franchise expansion in the mid80s was approached by Tampa.  They left the game early because Orlando was offering much more to the NBA (including exclusivity in the market), Tampa took the arena sport idea to the NHL thereafter.

I suppose under your theory Kansas City isn't much of a basketball city either (even though it's hosted the most final fours...)

I think that basketball isn't prioritized in Tampa because their are no winning basketball teams here (and sorry the women's example isn't very good). Tampa wasn't much of a football town until 1996. Tampa also wasn't much of a hockey town (averaging 11,000 in 99) until 2004. We all know Tampa isn't much of a baseball town either under the MikeB theory. Magically winning has cured 2 of these...

No doubt in my mind a winning team would bring big crowds...

Now...Huggy...Guys IT WASN'T HAPPENING. He was NEVER coming because we don't have 1.2 Million Dollars lying around to pay the guy. So this whole thread is moot.

Another apples to oranges comparison, you guys are just full of them!  Are you really trying to tell me that Tampa is a bball town because the Tourney has been hosted here?  That is fricking HILARIOUS!

EVERY city wants to host the tourney, just like every city wants to host the Superbowl, just like every city wants to host the All-Star game.  The NCAA loves to do it in Florida because of the weather.  Tampa happens to be a great spot for them to use.  It certainly isn't because tampa supports college basketball, that's hilarious.

good lord.  since you are the one and only truth, just list all the cities that host that aren't basketball towns.

• Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  193

So is Orlando....and based on your NBA theory it is a bball town. Keep your fallacies coming...

If Tampa was a bball town, it would have gotten an NBA franchise.  Sorry, but bball isn't a priority for Tampa.  Prove that Tampa would sell out the dome each game, Mr. Know-Nothing-at-all.  I'm waiting... ::)

Not true. The NBA when granting franchise expansion in the mid80s was approached by Tampa.  They left the game early because Orlando was offering much more to the NBA (including exclusivity in the market), Tampa took the arena sport idea to the NHL thereafter.

I suppose under your theory Kansas City isn't much of a basketball city either (even though it's hosted the most final fours...)

I think that basketball isn't prioritized in Tampa because their are no winning basketball teams here (and sorry the women's example isn't very good). Tampa wasn't much of a football town until 1996. Tampa also wasn't much of a hockey town (averaging 11,000 in 99) until 2004. We all know Tampa isn't much of a baseball town either under the MikeB theory. Magically winning has cured 2 of these...

No doubt in my mind a winning team would bring big crowds...

Now...Huggy...Guys IT WASN'T HAPPENING. He was NEVER coming because we don't have 1.2 Million Dollars lying around to pay the guy. So this whole thread is moot.

great post.  thank you.  as for huggy:  we could have made up a lot of the money had we had the success that he's having this year at k-state, but oh well.  he's not here so whatever.

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  5,881
  • Days Won:  7

there is no NFL team in LA. Is LA not a football town?

Unique situation that the NFL is working to fix.  Nice try though, but not comparable to Tampa's lack of an NBA team.  Laughable how far you darksiders will go with your fallacies...

you keep putting down tampa like you dont think they deserve any sport..go root for another university outside of tampa