• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Coach McCullum to stay at USF!!!!!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  826
  • Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

and it Mac continues to lose then he will no longer be the coach after the contract runs out.

Like I said before, don't offer a contract unless you are willing to accept all possibilities, including losses.  Or, unless you have enough funds set aside to buy it out.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,508
  • Days Won:  13

and it Mac continues to lose then he will no longer be the coach after the contract runs out.

Like I said before, don't offer a contract unless you are willing to accept all possibilities, including losses.  Or, unless you have enough funds set aside to buy it out.

Mac is Leeroy's disaster

• Topic Count:  433
  • Content Count:  2,657
  • Days Won:  1

Mac will be back

How do you know?

You guess is just as wild and irresponsible as the those who are saying he is going to be fired.

When did we rejoin C-DOA?

Admission to the BigEast brought us increased competition, notoriety and revenues for football and basketball. From the sounds of it would seem like USF is on the verge of being bankrupt. That is not reality.

USF chooses not to spend money, which is completely different from not being able to afford a coaching change. CRM hasn't been fired b/c Woolard is a man of extraordinary patience and considering all the 'bad luck' CRM has faced he obviously thought that he deserved another year to improve his recruiting and on the court results.

To date we haven't seen evidence of either of these be delivered.

Mac will be back

Finally accepting reality?

I agree Mac will be back and I am hoping that he can put something together next year b/c he will ahve his best team next year.

and Randy has been saying Mac will be back for a while, he just does not agree with it.

How will he have his best team?

He is losing his best rebounder, defensive player and scorer. There is no recruiting help on the way that will not only replace Buckley and Mattis, but improve the program. That is afterall the goal....right?

Finally, if we thought our guard play frustrated us this year, how are we going to fare with Curry, Holmes and Jones getting significant minutes next year? None of these kids have played a lick of college basketball....so despite that fact that they are not a sure thing, they will certainly make a ton of freshmen mistakes. Also keep in mind that this was CRM's best year to make a run, b/c the BE as a whole is down. When teams like UCONN, CUSE etc are all middle tier teams it speaks to the quality of the league top to bottom. The BigEast is very young and next year is going to be a bear regardless who is coaching USF.

Guest Ari_Hinkelberger

Dude.

THERE IS NO WAY - NO HOW -- NOT A FREAKIN CHANCE this guy is coming back. No way guy.

This is the first major move of the Woolard Administration.  This is his chance to really begin to mold USF athletics.  This is the so called "shot across the bow."  

He put up a llittle flair last year by letting Eddie C go...  but this is the move that says "I mean business."

If Woolard can't bounce this guy it sets a horrendous precedent.  MAC has done very little to deserve another year.  

He will be gone.  Its a sad day for the Mac lovers.  I know he is a nice guy.  But nice guys lose their jobs all the time.  Just ask George W. Bush's father.

He got white washed by a suave 43 year old southern governor in 1992.

We didn't hire a nice guy.  We didn't hire a preacher.  We hired a basketball coach.  And the las time I checked there weren't to many coaches coaching in thier 5th year after losting 52 of thier first 62 conference games.

That stat is as stark as they come ladies.

Good bye Mr. Mac.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

Here me out on this. I really beleive that USF need to keep Coach McCULLUM for another year. He is building somthing at USF. It is going to take time, but it is going to be done the right way. Give the man a chance. GO BULLS!!!!

this is a put on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

I'll say this:

I think the whole RMC situation has just become one big pissing match between two sides. At this point many want him to stay regardless of his record because they are (rightfully) sick of the same people after each loss coming on here asking for his head.

Then there are those who constantly bicker and complain about RMC and the job he's done without letting him through the year. Obviously at this point a great success is not going to happen, but why call for his head after the Pittsburgh game...or Uconn...etc; at least give him the season then evaluate the season as a WHOLE.

The question is (an please don't answer how impossible it is) if RMC wins 3 in a row can you still call for his firing? Thats 6-10 in conference, a considerable improvement that could not be ignored. Winning 6 in the Big East is very tough, especially when you consider the basketball powers that make up this program. People need to understand that USF is many many years from consistently competing because we do not have the money or the facilities to recruit unbelievably well in our own state, much less against BE teams.  

The other side has a question, if RMC loses out, is 3 wins enough of an improvement to risk keeping him around for another year?  As of yesterday we're 2-13 against the RPI top 150; with a relatively weak out of conference schedule (ranked 314 in the RPI) that we went 9-5 on.

There are several other questions in between if we win 1 more; wif we win 2, etc. I just went for what each side seems to want the most.

I just wish we could have a more civil discussion (on March 4th) in which we could discuss the options without a pissing match.

the usf basketball program has turned into a joke

rmc cant put together a full roster after 4 years

he cant give away scholarships

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

How will he have his best team?

Nobody knows, for sure, if next years team will be his best until after next season but it's **** hard to argue that he won't have his most talented team, on paper, from top to bottom next year.

He is losing his best rebounder, defensive player and scorer. [highlight]There is no recruiting help on the way that will not only replace Buckley and Mattis, but improve the program. [/highlight]That is afterall the goal....right?

In your opinion ..... I keep forgetting that most every post has that implied disclaimer behind it. You don't know if anyone will step up or not to replace Buckley but we've got a lot more viable options coming in than we've had in years past and I wouldn't be a bit surprised to see Saaka groomed to take over some of McHugh's contributions.

Finally, if we thought our guard play frustrated us this year, how are we going to fare with Curry, Holmes and Jones getting significant minutes next year? None of these kids have played a lick of college basketball....so despite that fact that they are not a sure thing, they will certainly make a ton of freshmen mistakes.

Guard play will be a huge concern next year, as it has been here for two years now, but with the, hopeful, quality of the new players hitting the court next year and with the experience of the ones who played, it SHOULD improve...