• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

If Mac does not go to MSG...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

Huggy would have been nice, we could have done it

I don't know how many times it has been brought up already, but Huggins was NEVER coming here, nor was it ever considered.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  160
  • Content Count:  1,378
  • Days Won:  1

You are right that he was never coming here, but you are bitterly mistaken Flip if you think it was never considered.  I know for a fact it was considered and discussed.

Guest Ari_Hinkelberger

18-7 for the Huggy bear.

Winners of 7 straight in conference.  Currently 3rd in the big 12.  Probably going to get an invite to the Dance with a good showing in the conference tourny..

what a monumental mistake.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

after the Norfolk state game, ask the Pro RMC crowd.... I am not making this up, I made a post the following night after we got beat by TAMCC. that was something along the lines of NIT, Coach of the Year bound huh?

Not that I take Randy's extreme side, but that thread did exist. It was something about USF basketbakk being alive, because we beat the hell out of Norfolk State. The one reason I remember it is because personally thought it was rediculous to guage how good a team was on a game that a great high school team could woin.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

...but you are bitterly mistaken Flip if you think it was never considered.  I know for a fact it was considered and discussed.

By who sir?  Ari and Rueb?  It was not discussed by anyone with any power to do anything about it.  In other words, no one from USF involved in such a decision advocated Huggins.  The rumor was shut down immediately after it started.  Why not divulge your "info."  But then again, I can't believe we're back on this foolish topic.

BTW, did anyone see the recent news on O.J. Mayo?  While Huggins lost out of Mayo, he certainly fit the bill for Huggins' recruiting style:  Huntington's O.J. Mayo suspended for three games  

"After referee Mike Lazo called two technical fouls on Mayo at the Charleston Civic Center, Mayo came into contact with him, causing the referee to fall to the floor as he approached the scorer's table, according to Lazo."

Not quite the usual Huggins' team crimes (****, kidnapping, assualt, theft, etc.), but pretty good stuff.

Now to get back on topic, all of your babble has little to do with whether he comes back or not.  An MSG trip might seal it, but then again it might not.  Reaching MSG is looking more and more remote.  It's not that far away, perhaps a modicum of maturity could be displayed until then?

Guest Ari_Hinkelberger

Yeah Yeah Brad...

you can dismiss it all you want.  That story wasn't floated for the fun of it.

You clearly don't know how stories come about and how the media is used to send up flairs.

Did Huggins ever come out and say he didn't have any interest?

I think what woolard and genshaft are doing borders on negligence.

You talk up mac like he is this moral god.  We have a team filled with a bunch of transfers.

What a way to build a program.

At least Huggins can recruit them.

They are headed to the NCAA tournament and it is pies in the face of that dim-wat president at Cinci...

These fools act like athletics plays no part in the promotion of the university.

Kansas State could have 21 wins this year.

We haven't won a road game in 2 1/2 years.

I am glad you are such a great fan....

Guest Ari_Hinkelberger

and now Brad and the boys are criticizing huggins about former recruits who aren't EVEN on his team.

You he takes the rath of OJ Mayo because he recruited him.

You can't see the forest for the trees..

All huggins does is win basketball games and go to the NCAA tourny.

Succesful people are always succesful no matter what you ask them to do and where you ask them to do it.

Huggins is a clear example of that.

Bob Knight would be another one.

You can take them out of Indiana... You can take them out of Cinici -- but you can't doubt their ability to build top notch programs.

Where is Indiana....?

Where is Cinci?

What a laughable fixture...

Bunch of nonsensical one-liners there Ari, but I think you should know that Huggins NEVER had a chance to say he wasn't interested as USF HAD NO INTEREST - it hurt the Huggins camp and yeah he ended up in Manhattan, KS (I think that is where KSU is).  So your whole "flair theory" is just stupid - there was no interest,  whoever Huggins' pawns were (eh-uh) should feel a little foolish about the whole production.

Now, I realize you will not be able to respond to this, but when have I "talked up" Mac?  

You can forget that exercise in fultility and just get back to being USF's biggest fan!   ;D

Ari, it's not hard to name a number of winning basketball coaches.  It is however, difficult to name any that would be a mutual good fit for USF - Huggins was not.  Until you figure this out, you can play in your own little la-la land.

and now Brad and the boys are criticizing huggins about former recruits who aren't EVEN on his team.

Who are "the boys"?  You're the only one with multiple personalities coming to your aid in arguments.  I made the comment regarding OJ without any other variant of my personality having to chime and and confirm I was correct.  

La-la land for you Ari.