• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Just Canceled My Tampa Trib Subscription

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  151
  • Content Count:  2,719
  • Days Won:  0

You should write a letter to the editor telling them about this.

Somehow, I just don't think that posting on this message board will make them understand why you did what you did...

Wait a minute Jim, you mean the world does not read this board?  WTF!

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Its sucks, but these papers depends on readership and the sports section is a major part of it. Especially in an area with two competing papers.

For now most of the Tribune's readers care more about UF and FSU, and they aren't going to sacrifice that readership to the St. Pete Times. When USF basketball is pulling in more than 2000 actual bodies into the SunDome consistently and winning, then you can complain.

It's business and they're out to put out what will get them the most readership. You're better off writing a letter threatening to cancel than just cancelling all together, because once you cancel, what incentive do they really have to try and get you back? More than likely they'll consider you a "lost reader" (or whatever the newspaper industry calls their losses) and move on.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

maybe if usf won the basketball game they would have been on front page

maybe if leavitt pulled in a top 25 recruiting class they would be on front page

usf's accomplishments yesterday arent front page worthy

• Topic Count:  166
  • Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

wow...that sucks...

• Topic Count:  469
  • Content Count:  4,451

Yes, I told them why I canceled.  USFinthere, the recruiting section - Signing Day Wrap-up actually is a special section the regular sports page was inserted into.  Page 1 of the real sports section has UF MBB winning and FSU MBB losing at the top of the page with a large NASCR pick of Kevin Harvick and wife and the homo Magic player arts.  If you look carefully there is a small line under the FSU art telling you where  the USF story is.

Gene, I don't blame Bret or Greg.  I just think enuff is enuff.  I will prolly still read one or the other during the week but I don't read the weekend additions anyway so I'm keeping a $1.70 a week by not subscribing.  

Funny story about the Times and my Dad.  My Dad being former Pinellas county sheriff got pissed at the Times when they were tearing the Pinellas Co. Sheriff at the time a new rectum for some of his policies.  So my Dad canceled them.  He continued to buy the paper out of a machine which cost him an extra $1-1.25 each week.  For some reason he refused to buy the Trib.  Go figure.

• Topic Count:  2,345
  • Content Count:  21,365
  • Days Won:  10

Its all about people, more FSU, Miami and UF fans, so the papers are whores and try to cater to them.  Times is a pinko liberal rag anyway.

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  184

Yes, I told them why I canceled.  USFinthere, the recruiting section - Signing Day Wrap-up actually is a special section the regular sports page was inserted into.  Page 1 of the real sports section has UF MBB winning and FSU MBB losing at the top of the page with a large NASCR pick of Kevin Harvick and wife and the homo Magic player arts.  If you look carefully there is a small line under the FSU art telling you where  the USF story is.

Gene, I don't blame Bret or Greg.  I just think enuff is enuff.  I will prolly still read one or the other during the week but I don't read the weekend additions anyway so I'm keeping a $1.70 a week by not subscribing.  

Funny story about the Times and my Dad.  My Dad being former Pinellas county sheriff got pissed at the Times when they were tearing the Pinellas Co. Sheriff at the time a new rectum for some of his policies.  So my Dad canceled them.  He continued to buy the paper out of a machine which cost him an extra $1-1.25 each week.  For some reason he refused to buy the Trib.  Go figure.

Fair enough, but I'd rather be on the front full color page of the signing day wrap than the front page of today's black and white sports section (which when you include the wrap is actually page 3)  8-)

• Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  574

I cancelled a few years ago when they started their witch hunt against Jon Gruden and Bruce Allen.

I wish I could call them everyday and tell them the numerous reasons why I would cancel again.

• Topic Count:  53
  • Content Count:  1,757

I dumped that rag last year.  Brett McDillhole sealed that deal.  I don't even visit their website anymore.

ST. PETE TIMES BABY YEAH!!! ;D

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  1,165

I knew the trib sucked long before this