• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Noel Devine: And the envelope says.......

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,634
  • Days Won:  424

Are you retarded?  Why would you want our conference rivals to get a player of that caliber?  Remember, they are our COMPETITION, not our allies.  I would rather UCF get him.  You can talk about "conference prestige" and all of that, but the number one goal is to WIN the conference, and other conference teams piking up star players does not help us win games.

With that kind of convoluted logic maybe we should go back to CDOA. We should want our conference to be as strong as it can possibly can be. As pointed out, we're shouldn't be scared of anybody.

Do we hope that the Irqqi insurgency gets stronger, so we can give them a "good job"?  Of course not.  [highlight]Extreme example of course[/highlight], but I believe it still applies.

Extremely stupid example, of course .... the Iraqi insurgency isn't in our conference.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  1,165
  • Days Won:  0

He's committed to the Mountaineers. I know there were some rumors out there he might even be considering us....but cnnsi.com is reporting he's now given WVU a verbal. I believe the short list was WVU, FSU and Alabama....glad our conference won that one.

Are you retarded?  Why would you want our conference rivals to get a player of that caliber?  Remember, they are our COMPETITION, not our allies.  I would rather UCF get him.  You can talk about "conference prestige" and all of that, but the number one goal is to WIN the conference, and other conference teams piking up star players does not help us win games.

Do we hope that the Irqqi insurgency gets stronger, so we can give them a "good job"?  Of course not.  Extreme example of course, but I believe it still applies.

Am I retarded? Not last I checked. Look, this isn't war...this is college football. These are high school kids choosing a college. If a local kid gets a chance to attend a bigtime university, then that's great. Only a "retard", as you say, would take it waay too seriously. (The Iraqi war? C;mon…)

As for being happy he stayed in conference….do you think that being in a conference of teams with nothing but 2 star recruits is better for OUR program…or a conference full of 5-star recruits? I say the latter. We have nothing to be scared or insecure about, because I'm confident that no matter who the other teams recruit, we'll still be competitive. If we're the champion of a strong conference, that bodes much better for us than being the champion of a weak conference.  Even in rivalries....OSU is better off playing a strong Michigan team....FSU better off playing a strong UF squad.... Yes you can hate the other team...but it does you no good to play a schedule full of FIU caliber opponents. Their strength is always to your advantage if you can defeat them. Otherwise, we might as well be back in C-USA.

Get a grip.

Look, I'm not taking this seriously, even if my post cam eoff as that.  WVU got (well, was going to get) a star player, the number one back in the nation.  Good teams are going to get good recruits, and that's nothing to be mad about.  However, to root for our main competition to win these top recruits and be happy that they won is a bit dumb, in my opinion.

Do you think LSU is going "Good job Florida, we're happy you got a good recruiting class!"?  I doub't it.  Do I wan't a conference full of cupcakes?  No, not at all.  But I don't want the top recruits in the nation here, unless they are on the Bulls, of course.

Basically, I'm not (wasn't?) mad that he committed to WVU, but I certainly wasn't HAPPY about it.

Guest JulmisteForPrez

What's really sad is that we are all wasting TONS of time talking about a kid who used this jacked-up recuiting system to gain a bunch of attention he didn't even deserve.

• Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  1,911

I think Deion Sanders helping a kid make a recruiting decision when the kid is looking at Deion's alma mater is a bit of a conflict of interest.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

I don't think it's right, but Deion has been a mentor for this kid for awhile. He was actually pushing him to Miami this time last year, Miami just told him he had no shot.

It really doesn't matter, this kid wouldn't have qualified unless WVU wanted to fudge some numbers some how.

• Topic Count:  723
  • Content Count:  12,293

I think Deion Sanders helping a kid make a recruiting decision when the kid is looking at Deion's alma mater is a bit of a conflict of interest.

deion is pushing him to prep school so i dont know where this comment comes in.

sure, deion is a Nole and loves Bowden so he probably feels comfortable with Noel going there.  Noel doesnt have any parents to help him in this choice, Deion is as close to a father figure that he has.  Its not like Deion just came around when Noel started popping up on YouTube.  They have family friends that go back since Noel was a boy.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

deion is pushing him to prep school so i dont know where this comment comes in.

sure, deion is a Nole and loves Bowden so he probably feels comfortable with Noel going there.  Noel doesnt have any parents to help him in this choice, Deion is as close to a father figure that he has.  Its not like Deion just came around when Noel started popping up on YouTube.  They have family friends that go back since Noel was a boy.

it is called recruiting

usf needs to step up to compete with fscu and others

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

He's committed to the Mountaineers. I know there were some rumors out there he might even be considering us....but cnnsi.com is reporting he's now given WVU a verbal. I believe the short list was WVU, FSU and Alabama....glad our conference won that one.

Do we hope that the Irqqi insurgency gets stronger, so we can give them a "good job"?  Of course not.  Extreme example of course, but I believe it still applies.

Am I retarded? Not last I checked. Look, this isn't war...this is college football. These are high school kids choosing a college. If a local kid gets a chance to attend a bigtime university, then that's great. Only a "retard", as you say, would take it waay too seriously. (The Iraqi war? C;mon…)

As for being happy he stayed in conference….do you think that being in a conference of teams with nothing but 2 star recruits is better for OUR program…or a conference full of 5-star recruits? I say the latter. We have nothing to be scared or insecure about, because I'm confident that no matter who the other teams recruit, we'll still be competitive. If we're the champion of a strong conference, that bodes much better for us than being the champion of a weak conference.  Even in rivalries....OSU is better off playing a strong Michigan team....FSU better off playing a strong UF squad.... Yes you can hate the other team...but it does you no good to play a schedule full of FIU caliber opponents. Their strength is always to your advantage if you can defeat them. Otherwise, we might as well be back in C-USA.

Get a grip.

Look, I'm not taking this seriously, even if my post cam eoff as that.  WVU got (well, was going to get) a star player, the number one back in the nation.  Good teams are going to get good recruits, and that's nothing to be mad about.  However, to root for our main competition to win these top recruits and be happy that they won is a bit dumb, in my opinion.

Do you think LSU is going "Good job Florida, we're happy you got a good recruiting class!"?  I doub't it.  Do I wan't a conference full of cupcakes?  No, not at all.  But I don't want the top recruits in the nation here, unless they are on the Bulls, of course.

Basically, I'm not (wasn't?) mad that he committed to WVU, but I certainly wasn't HAPPY about it.

bj-you are right but you have to understand big time sports is nnew for guys like et and others.they are thrilled usf is in big east conference.

most knowledgeable fans wouldnt want their competition to have good recruiting classes

only on this board will you see comments like et's

do you think osc,usc,uf,ou fans  are saying"duh i want our conference foes to do well"????? ;D

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

smazza,

You'll be the first to complain about strength of schedule.  If your opponents are better, then your strength of schedule is better.  I want the other Big East teams to be a good as possible and then beat them.