• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Big East Doubleheader - Promotions

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

Courtesy USF SID

SPECIAL TICKET PROCEDURES IN PLACE FOR FEB. 3 DOUBLEHEADER

Women host St. John’s at 5 p.m., men welcome Notre Dame at 8 p.m.

Tampa, Fla. (January 30, 2007) – The University of South Florida men’s and women’s basketball programs are hosting a BIG EAST doubleheader Saturday, Feb. 3 and as a result special ticket procedures have been implemented to aid in a smooth transition between the two games.

Each game, the women host St. John’s at 5 p.m. and the men welcome Notre Dame at 8 p.m., will be considered a separate event and will require a separate ticket.

At the conclusion of the 5 p.m. women’s game, the building will be cleared for the 8 p.m. men’s contest.

Although gates for a USF men’s game normally open one hour before tip-off, fans should be prepared for the building to open less than one hour before tip-off for the men’s game.

For more information, please call 1-800-GoBulls.

Promotions

USF Women vs. St. John’s (5 p.m.)

•           “U” Day (all fans encouraged to wear USF gear)

•           First 500 will receive USF t-shirt

•           Youth Basketball night

•           $2 Tickets for all teams in uniform

•           Team that has the most coupons redeemed will be able to play a five-minute scrimmage at halftime and will receive autographed posters (For details call 974-7316)

•           First 500 will receive free mini balls

USF Men vs. Notre Dame (8 p.m.)

•           “U” Day (all fans encouraged to wear USF gear)

•           First 1,000 will receive USF t-shirt

•           USF Student Organization night

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  963
  • Content Count:  9,765
  • Days Won:  9

Shouldn't USF fans be encouraged to wear USF gear for all home games?

I think the Athletic Department really dropped the ball for this game.  There should be more time between the two games, or should have offered  a two for one ticket deal.  Either way would be better than what is going to happen this Saturday.  I'm normally not that critical about the Athletic Department, but I think this one falls on them.  

• Topic Count:  31
  • Content Count:  116
  • Days Won:  0

I concur...a “U†Day (all fans encouraged to wear USF gear) - what a joke....clear the arena? I've been to DHers before for basketball and they just let you hang for both games...come on Athletic Dept...this is weak!

• Topic Count:  36
  • Content Count:  384

Every home Bulls Game should  be a "U" Day.  

• Topic Count:  134
  • Content Count:  1,158

Don't forget you can hang out at the Ice House party deck in between games.  It is located at Entry 2 of the dome.  Head out have a couple beverages and then come back in for the game.  Their are several reasons for clearing the arena, all of them good ones.  Sorry if it inconveniences some of you but we really didn't have a way around it this year.

Eric

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  3,403

well, since i'm going to both games I for 1 don't want more time inbetween games.

Eric its not so much the inconvenience, its the poor planning.  I'm still attending and will have a great time, but I think it could have been handled a little better.

• Topic Count:  226
  • Content Count:  3,574

Maybe they have to clear the dome because the ND game is close to selling out?

So it wouldn't be fair to purchase a cheap ticker for the women's game and be allowed to stay for the men's game.  I'm going to assume that the combined sold tickets between both games would probably exceed the capacity of the dome (~10,400).

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

Eric its not so much the inconvenience, its the poor planning.  I'm still attending and will have a great time, but I think it could have been handled a little better.
Don't forget you can hang out at the Ice House party deck in between games.  It is located at Entry 2 of the dome.  Head out have a couple beverages and then come back in for the game. [highlight] Their are several reasons for clearing the arena, all of them good ones.[/highlight]  Sorry if it inconveniences some of you but we really didn't have a way around it this year.

Eric

Maybe they have to clear the dome because the ND game is close to selling out?

So it wouldn't be fair to purchase a cheap ticker for the women's game and be allowed to stay for the men's game.  I'm going to assume that the combined sold tickets between both games would probably exceed the capacity of the dome (~10,400).

If that were the case move the women's game to a 1 PM or 2 PM tipoff.  It sounds like its going to be somewhat of a clusterf*ck with people leaving the women's game and fans arriving for the men's game.  I'm sure the Athletic Department realized the Notre Dame game would be their largest crowd of the year right?  Thats the point I'm trying to convey.

I hope we put 10,400 in Sun Dome this Saturday.  I want that place to be loud when the Irish have the ball.  Funny thing is even if we sell out it will probably be about half as many fans as they saw tonight at the Carrier Dome.