• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Big East Doubleheader - Promotions

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  110
  • Content Count:  3,103
  • Days Won:  0

hey Eric, as far as students go, i know for the last doubleheader we were given tickets to both games when we showed up for the womens game, is this a possibility or will we still have to clear out as well?  also if we have to clear out, is there anyway to rope off the first two rows behind the basket, next to the band for sbc?

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  226
  • Content Count:  3,574

If that were the case move the women's game to a 1 PM or 2 PM tipoff.  It sounds like its going to be somewhat of a clusterf*ck with people leaving the women's game and fans arriving for the men's game.  I'm sure the Athletic Department realized the Notre Dame game would be their largest crowd of the year right?  Thats the point I'm trying to convey.

I agree... but Eric did say that there is a reason for this.  Good reasons.

I guess we'll just have to wait.

• Topic Count:  961
  • Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

Maybe they have to clear the dome because the ND game is close to selling out?

So it wouldn't be fair to purchase a cheap ticker for the women's game and be allowed to stay for the men's game.  I'm going to assume that the combined sold tickets between both games would probably exceed the capacity of the dome (~10,400).

If that were the case move the women's game to a 1 PM or 2 PM tipoff.  It sounds like its going to be somewhat of a clusterf*ck with people leaving the women's game and fans arriving for the men's game.  I'm sure the Athletic Department realized the Notre Dame game would be their largest crowd of the year right?  Thats the point I'm trying to convey.

I hope we put 10,400 in Sun Dome this Saturday.  I want that place to be loud when the Irish have the ball.  Funny thing is even if we sell out it will probably be about half as many fans as they saw tonight at the Carrier Dome.  

I just checked the attendance numbers from that Syracuse/ND game.  I was right, we won't even cut their total in half.  They had 23.274 in the Carrier Dome tonight.  Impressive to say the least.

I agree... but Eric did say that there is a reason for this.  Good reasons.

I guess we'll just have to wait.

One of the reasons is the whole free shirts thing for the first 1000 fans.  Hopefully, they'll be other reasons that will become clear on Saturday.

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,080

Maybe they have to clear the dome because the ND game is close to selling out?

So it wouldn't be fair to purchase a cheap ticker for the women's game and be allowed to stay for the men's game.  I'm going to assume that the combined sold tickets between both games would probably exceed the capacity of the dome (~10,400).

[highlight]If that were the case move the women's game to a 1 PM or 2 PM tipoff. [/highlight] It sounds like its going to be somewhat of a clusterf*ck with people leaving the women's game and fans arriving for the men's game.  I'm sure the Athletic Department realized the Notre Dame game would be their largest crowd of the year right?  Thats the point I'm trying to convey.

I hope we put 10,400 in Sun Dome this Saturday.  I want that place to be loud when the Irish have the ball.  Funny thing is even if we sell out it will probably be about half as many fans as they saw tonight at the Carrier Dome.  

That's not conducive to those wishing to attend both games...quit complaining and buy a ticket to the womens game and support out best basketball team.

I don't like the hassle of having to exit and re-enter but I understand the need to do so.

I'd rather watch a pickup basketball game than pay for a women's game.  No thanks.  I hope they win and all, but its not the same.  I'm saying its poor planning, nothing more.  I'm aware nothing has changed, but it is my opinion that they mishandled this situation.  

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,780
  • Days Won:  3

I would assume that one issue would be revenue stream.

Why would I allow you to purchase a cheaper ticket (womens) and

get the premier game (yeah, that would be ND) for the same price?

Crowd Management: I don't know if - for womens games - seating

is first come, first serve, but if I've purchased x-seat...and you're

still in it from the previous game... scoot.

How tough can it possibly be to stand up, walk out the door, hang out for

a while and then walk back in the door? Doesn't seem exceptionally

complex to me.

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,080

I would assume that one issue would be revenue stream.

Why would I allow you to purchase a cheaper ticket (womens) and

get the premier game (yeah, that would be ND) for the same price?

Crowd Management: I don't know if - for womens games - seating

is first come, first serve, but if I've purchased x-seat...and you're

still in it from the previous game... scoot.

complex to me.

It doesn't to me either.

It seems that JoeB's real concern is that he may be inconvenienced by having to wait for the dome to be cleared before he can get into see the men's game, since he's not going to go to the WWB game.

He did suggest that they should let people with tickets to the men's game into the wbb free....and then later said he would rather go to a pickup game than to pay to see USF Women's Basketball play. :(

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,686
  • Days Won:  424

complex to me.

[highlight]Don't forget you can hang out at the Ice House party deck in between games.[/highlight]  It is located at Entry 2 of the dome.  Head out have a couple beverages and then come back in for the game.

Only possible downside is that there may be some rain on Saturday.