• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Recruiting Concerns

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  724
  • Content Count:  10,219
  • Days Won:  0

I would consider the 2005 class our first "BCS" class.  Not that it is a guarantee of future success, but 3 kids in that class were on the Scout freshman all-american team: Grothe, Selvie and Chris Robinson.  A few years ago we were thrilled to have one kid a year make such a list.

Taurus Johnson would be the other impact player in that class.  A few more may step up as they gain experience and are coached up.  I expect some freshmen to step up next year from the 2006 class.

exactly!! ;)

2005 first "bcs" class

2006 RS freshman are talented and ready (rs fr contribute a lot)

2007 is our best class yet

our talent pool is growing...how many 2000 starters would start today for our bulls?

5 players maybe?

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  2,276

I would consider the 2005 class our first "BCS" class.  Not that it is a guarantee of future success, but 3 kids in that class were on the Scout freshman all-american team: Grothe, Selvie and Chris Robinson.  A few years ago we were thrilled to have one kid a year make such a list.

Taurus Johnson would be the other impact player in that class.  A few more may step up as they gain experience and are coached up.  I expect some freshmen to step up next year from the 2006 class.

exactly!! ;)

2005 first "bcs" class2006 RS freshman are talented and ready (rs fr contribute a lot)

our talent pool is growing...how many 2000 starters would start today for our bulls?

5 players maybe?

PS. Actually, USF received their Big East invite in Nov 2003.

USF's Feb 2004 was technically their first BCS Recruiting Class...and that's when recruiting started to trend up.

Feb 2007 will be USF's 4th "BCS" recruiting class.

BCS label helps...it certainly helps.

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,334

Recruiting rankings are garbage.  Maybe the top 10-20 ranked teams have some basis, after that all the ranks up to 75+ are pretty iffy.

Don't waste your time worrying about it.  This isn't the draft.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

Why do some people on this board think that USF should just naturally be a contender and every other school should give up? The way I see it is we have done better than I ever imagined so far.

With recruiting it takes time to build recruiting and relationships. Marve is going to UM, I would too if I were him. Tell me why you would pick USF over Miami if you were him? UM is a great private school, it is in Miami, they put guys in the NFL, and they are always on TV and in media. Them having a bad year got more press than USF having a good year. Bottom line UM has been **** good for 20 years with a few down years (lower tier bowl like us) sprinkled in. I travel the country for work and see UM, FSU, UF stuff everywhere I go. That covers the kids who want to stay in state.

Some kids want to get the hell out of Florida when they go to school, I can not blame them, it is their choice.

You do sound like smazza a little, he is clueless and a broken record, who thinks that an upstart program should run with big boys out of the gate. We do not and can not right now spend like the rest of the big boys. One day we will.

As far as Boise State, one hit wonder, this years Fresno state, Oklahoma has been doing for a long time and will continue to bring it. These down years everyone talks about at other schools are equal to our best years.

All that being said the future is bright for USF

butch davis will have a top 15 class this year

leavitt has been here 10 years and should be pulling in top 25 recruiting classes

really?  you think UNC is going to move up from 43rd and 34th (rivals and scout)?  wow, you sure expect a big final week, huh?

tell me why a kid that grew up liking other florida schools and barely knows USF should come here.  just because you say so?  it takes time to gain momentum and tradition, and we are gaining both every year.

leavitt has been at usf 10 years

usf is no longer a secret

leavitt should have been working kids and communities for last 10 years

ftu/ou/oc is still waiting for that momentum

i am afraid that leavitt will never be able to recruit on level best teams in big east

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

exactly!! ;)

2005 first "bcs" class2006 RS freshman are talented and ready (rs fr contribute a lot)

5 players maybe?

PS. Actually, USF received their Big East invite in Nov 2003.

USF's Feb 2004 was technically their first BCS Recruiting Class...and that's when recruiting started to trend up.

Feb 2007 will be USF's 4th "BCS" recruiting class.

BCS label helps...it certainly helps.

it is shocking the rutgers is out recruiting usf

if schiano was here he would have a top 10 class

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  958

looks like may end up with 3 -4 star and and 13-15 3-star recruits...which would be the best recruiting year yet... ;)

• Topic Count:  826
  • Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

leavitt should have been working kids and communities for last 10 years

What makes you think he hasn't been?

• Topic Count:  151
  • Content Count:  2,719

You know what kills me about this thread and every other thread that talks negative about CJL or anything about the football team.  How in the hell can you talk negative about this program.  Do I wear green and gold glasses, maybe.  But some of you act as though we have been around as long as UM, FSU and UF.  You may tell me to take off my green and gold glasses but then I will tell you to take off your doom and gloom glasses.

I can't believe you are dogging any aspect of this program after the ascension into a BCS program after 10 years, a bowl win, a superstar at QB, hopefully a superstar RB to complement him, beating ranked teams, great scheduling.  Come on people! I know there are people who say they are only being realists and pointing out shortcomings, but we are still growing up and slowly catching the nation's eye.  The recruiting is getting better every year and you will soon see us with a top 25 recruiting class.  

of course, then you will have to find something else to ***** about.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,085
  • Days Won:  469

It's smazza.  What do you expect?  Ignore it.

• Topic Count:  151
  • Content Count:  2,719

It seems to be more than smazza lately Brad.  That's what really bothers me.