• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

McCullum's 3-21 record since entering the Big East

Guest JulmisteForPrez
How much can a coach do for a team anyway?

Is this a serious question?

While I agree with the old addage that a coach usually receives too much credit for the good and too much flack for the bad, a good coach can make a SIGNIFICANT difference over time.

Is four seasons enough time?

Um, yes.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  723
  • Content Count:  12,293
  • Days Won:  0

both buckley and mattis will probably end up playing professionally somewhere.

when you can shoot like buckley and jump like mattis some team somewhere is going to take a look.

mattis probably has more of a future because he has a lot more raw talent.  he just needs work on his ball handling and shooting.  those are 2 very easy things to improve on with a lot of time and hard work.  his defensive instincts cant be coached and you can't improve those by practicing.

from what i hear, buckley impressed enough people this off season when the bulls were playing overseas that he is a shoe-in to catch on with a team over there.

• Topic Count:  961
  • Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

Rezz, I agree with your assessment.  Mattis is enough of a freak athlete that some professional team will bite with him.  He already has a proven skill (shot blocking).  I'm not saying he'll be a star, but he'll catch on somewhere.

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  958
  • Days Won:  0

THE GUY WHO WROTE THIS ARTICLE IS THE SAME GUY WHO SAID WE HAD NO BUSINESS PLAYING PITTSBURGH ON HOMECOMING!!!!!!!!!

I wrote a very angry letter to the editor, all the kid talked about was how palko was going to tear up our defense and that we should play easy teams on homecoming...

PITT turned out to be quite an easy win for us...actually, we turned PITTS entire season around...haha

• Topic Count:  714
  • Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

So let me get this straight, if a coach goes 0-25 for a season, but losses each game by only 1 point, he's a good coach. Sorry, but the NCAA tournament, the NIT, and the BE tournament, just see Ws and Ls.

Guest r_to_the_izzo

Guys this is from the Oracle, not the Times or Tribune or anything. The sports writers for the paper are terrible.

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

THE GUY WHO WROTE THIS ARTICLE IS THE SAME GUY WHO SAID WE HAD NO BUSINESS PLAYING PITTSBURGH ON HOMECOMING!!!!!!!!!

I wrote a very angry letter to the editor, all the kid talked about was how palko was going to tear up our defense and that we should play easy teams on homecoming...

PITT turned out to be quite an easy win for us...actually, we turned PITTS entire season around...haha

I almost wrote a letter to the editor as well, but I figured being the dunce that had that published in the school newspaper was punishment enough