• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Will Mac be allowed to serve out his contract

Guest Ari_Hinkelberger

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,334
  • Days Won:  0

This supporting the coach is just pure CRAP!!!

PURE CRAP --- and I am tired of reading it.

WIN!!  That is what you are paid to do -- that is what you were hired to do -- that is your job.

I don't support CEO's who run losses -- I don't support Presidents who run a crapy government -- I don't support anyone who doesn't do the job they were hired to do.

I am an alum of this University.  I have a right to voice displeasure over a program that is in the total gutter.  Any reasonable person can look around the sun dome during a home game and take note of how awful of shape this program is....

In the words of the great Sen. Robert Byrd.

"SUPPORT THE TROOPS IS A BUMPER STICKER, NOT A FOREIGN POLICY"

who doesn't support the troops?  What a stupid freakin comment.

spare me.

Not everyone can win.  By definition, it's impossible.  I find it interesting, very interesting that people act extremely cut-throat without realizing it.  Every time you want a guy to win at a sport, you want that team to win at the expense of the other team and coach.  On some levels, it's still just a game.  However, when careers and futures are on on the field/court, that line between what is a game and what isn't becomes pretty thin.  I'm not saying there's anything wrong with cheering for a team.  However, some people don't seem to realize that they're also hoping for the failure of others simultaneously.  I personally don't have a problem with these events within the realm of sports, since it is an undertaking entered willingly.  Still, it's interesting to me.

As for winning, USF basketball isn't consistently.  We've all seen the outcomes of recent years.  It's not like the shortcommings are a secret.  However, since college football and basketball are essentially businesses now, let's look at it from that perspective shall we?

Will the benefits of pulling Mac early exceed the costs?  If Woolard thinks so, he will do it.  If he doesn't, he won't.  Factors such as replacements available, how this season ends, and of course the amount of money USF has at its disposal will come into play.

My gut feeling is that if Woolard gets ANYTHING out of Mac this season, he lets him finish the contract.  Right now, USF is mainly a football school, so there is less pressure over a bad BB team here than there would be at UConn, UNC or Duke.  If there aren't any good candidates out there that USF would want to buy this contract out for, it would make sense to wait.

Even if you favor pulling Mac (which I do as well if it is within our budget), you have to admit that if some badass coach becomes available a year later but we hired someone new at the end of this season, we'd regret it.  You just can't be 100% no matter what on these things.  There's always some luck.  I hope it shakes out well.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Ari_Hinkelberger

I think it says alot about this board to think that 14 people think that MAC will be back next year after his horrendous record over 4 years....

totally crazy.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,070
  • Days Won:  469

I am an alum of this University.  I have a right to voice displeasure ...

Here we go with our "rights" again... lol...

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,705
  • Days Won:  424

I think it says alot about this board to think that 14 people think that MAC will be back next year after his horrendous record over 4 years....

totally crazy.

I think it says a lot about the tolerance of the board that that many people would humor you and respond to such a worthless poll...

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,783
  • Days Won:  3

...This supporting the coach is just pure CRAP!!!

PURE CRAP --- and I am tired of reading it.

Much in the same way we grow weary of your endless tirades calling for Mac's head right here - right now.  

No reason for him not to serve out his last year. I have yet to hear where there's a line of 'big name' coaches lined up around Woolard's office, just waiting to pounce on the lucrative and prestigious coaching job on Fowler Avenue.

Guest Ari_Hinkelberger

No reason for him not to serve out his contract huh?

Its amazing.

What would it take for you to let a coach go?

Does he have to lose every game.?  

Guest Ari_Hinkelberger

It says a lot about you that you say stupid things and people take you seriously Trip -- or is it BBC -- or Dork...

I lose track sometimes.

No reason for him not to serve out his contract huh?

Its amazing.

What would it take for you to let a coach go?

Does he have to lose every game.?

11-10

It says a lot about you that you say stupid things and people take you seriously Trip

As opposed to you that says stupid things and nobody takes seriously .... although, I doubt anyone takes anybody on here real seriously.

Guest JulmisteForPrez

Do I think Woolard will bring him back?  Yes....yes I do.

Do I think Woolard SHOULD bring him back.  No.....no I do not.