• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Potential Men's Basketball Coach

Guest JulmisteForPrez

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

jim harrick is coaching pros dleague of nba

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

jim harrick is coaching pros dleague of nba

****!

• Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  549
  • Days Won:  0

Talk about has-beens and never-weres...

IMO, those are all impressive "names", but crummy coaches.  (accept for Richardson who is 64 and out of the loop for years, and Harrick who is as dirty as they come)

That line of thinking will continue to doom USF to a pattern of mediocrity and 4-year coaching tenures.

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,851
  • Days Won:  22

Yep Anthony Grant turned down the job before when he was an asst at UF he made better money there than here and is making more at VCU.

This what some of you dont seem to think. Here is Grant goes to VCU in CAA and gets better pay than here, because he is playing other CAA teams whose budget VCU matches or surpasses his chances at being successful are good and soon enough a major school will come along paying him BIB bucks and with more supoort.

One of those coaches comes to USF and all of the sudden he is forced to play a BE schedule with Sun Belt money chances are LOW he will succeed hurting his career.

Until USF is able to match at least the middle of the BE in financial support (and i dont mean just salary) it will be tough to get a quality coach here.

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  2,276

Yep Anthony Grant turned down the job before when he was an asst at UF he made better money there than here and is making more at VCU.

This what some of you dont seem to think. Here is Grant goes to VCU in CAA and gets better pay than here, because he is playing other CAA teams whose budget VCU matches or surpasses his chances at being successful are good and soon enough a major school will come along paying him BIB bucks and with more supoort.

One of those coaches comes to USF and all of the sudden he is forced to play a BE schedule with Sun Belt money chances are LOW he will succeed hurting his career.

Until USF is able to match at least the middle of the BE in financial support (and i dont mean just salary) it will be tough to get a quality coach here.

Grant is only getting $300,000 at VCU...isn't USF's Coach Mac getting that and MORE right now?

nope

Guest BasketBull.

I think USF can afford that (300 K)... USF isn't paying it because of the intensions at the time when USF last went bball-coach shopping.

Is NOT just the pay is about all the other financial support which is lacking at USF making it more difficult to win than at VCU.

as I said Grant can build and compete in CAA a lot easier than here at USF at the BE level

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  2,276

nope

Below is info from about 3 years ago...(changes/updates/increases have probably been made in the meantime).

Looks like McCullum is getting around $250,000 plus per year in compensation.

But I think your AD...isn't probably to thrilled that Lee Roy Selmon signed McCullum to a SIX YEAR DEAL.

New coach: Robert McCullum  

Contract length: 6 years thru 2009

Base salary: $200,000

TV, shoe, apparel income: $50,000 [TV only]

Country Club membership: Not to exceed $4,200 a year

Cars: No

Buyout by coach if he leaves for another job: $400,000 before April 2004; $250,000 before April 2005; $100,000 before 2009

Payout by school if coach is fired: All remaining compensation due him

Tidbits: $20,000 annual annuity collectible after five years of employment; Spouse travel to one regular season game, C-USA tourney, NCAA tourney or NIT and annual coaches convention; $210,000 assistant coaches’ annual salary pool; $10,000 if season ticket sales exceed 3,000 and $5,000 for each 500 tickets above 3,000; $10,000 if team GPA is 3.0 or above and $5,000 if 2.8 GPA

Guest JulmisteForPrez
Is NOT just the pay is about all the other financial support which is lacking at USF making it more difficult to win than at VCU.

as I said Grant can build and compete in CAA a lot easier than here at USF at the BE level

I still think Grant would make us competitive in the Big East.  

As one of my sage coaches once told me, "Success breeds success."

If we could just get around the .500 mark, I think we might all be surprised about how things would start rolling.  And I think Grant could do it!

Anthony Grant for Head Coach!!!!