• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF Men's basketball Facts

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,640
  • Days Won:  424

I noticed you changed your name from BBS back to Triple B...after the saints loss..

Fairweather fan are we?

I almost changed to BBC again for Dungy but figured I may jinx him ...

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  538
  • Days Won:  0

Does it surprise you? Did you expect anything different this year with only Buckley, Mattis and Capko back from a team that won less than 10 games last year?

It is what it is and we DONT have the talent nor experience of playing together to be anything but at BEST an avg team when we are at our best.

Is the REALITY of the current situation

You are completely illogical Cubanbull.  You defend Mac to the grave, yet you post things like this that say that Mac can't recruit and his teams suck. HOW CAN YOU DEFEND THE MAN WHILE ON THE OTHER HAND ADMITTING HE CANT RECRUIT AND HIS TEAM SUCKS???

WTF??

• Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  1,911

we have sucked for almost 4 years.

come on trip.

I've got news for you...we've sucked for longer than that.

Guest Ari_Hinkelberger

How do you barely squeeze into 12 place in a 16 team conference.

I have heard some junks in my life -- but I have never heard someone tell me that squeezed into 12th place.

now that is funny big shoop

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,640
  • Days Won:  424

Does it surprise you? Did you expect anything different this year with only Buckley, Mattis and Capko back from a team that won less than 10 games last year?

It is what it is and we DONT have the talent nor experience of playing together to be anything but at BEST an avg team when we are at our best.

You are completely illogical Cubanbull.  You defend Mac to the grave, yet you post things like this that say that Mac can't recruit and his teams suck. HOW CAN YOU DEFEND THE MAN WHILE [highlight]ON THE OTHER HAND ADMITTING HE CANT RECRUIT AND HIS TEAM SUCKS[/highlight]???

WTF??

He admitted no such thing from what I read...

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,492
  • Days Won:  13

C'mon man, we are USF, **** it!!! We should be able to go from winning one game in the BE and losing to BCC and FIU to being an upper tier BE team because... well...well... just because. Don't give me any of that "REALITY of the current situation" crap.

Exactly.

NO ONE on here predicted a NCAA tourney this year, and if they did, they're morons. A lot of us predicted us making the Big East tourney, and NONE of those folks said we'd make it as one of the top seeds.

SO, with that being said, USF is in position to do one of 2 things 1) barely squeeze into or 2) barely miss the Big East tourney...........which, is what everyone said in the 1st place.

Stop getting so worked up over every win or every loss, people.

elaborating on what i said in the other post....

there are about 5 or 6 that will want to fire coach mac no matter what, about 3 or 4 who will support him no matter what, and everyone elses opinion seems to sway with every win or every loss. it's kinda funny, but predictably boring at the same time.

I said before the season started, that barring injury, we were gonna make the Big East tourney. That pretty much guarantees an NIT bid, which is a good step in the right direction for the program. So i guess to answer your question, yes i'm along for the ride.

Oh The NCAA's, but are we still going to the NIT for sure Shoppy?

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  538

You are completely illogical Cubanbull.  You defend Mac to the grave, yet you post things like this that say that Mac can't recruit and his teams suck. HOW CAN YOU DEFEND THE MAN WHILE [highlight]ON THE OTHER HAND ADMITTING HE CANT RECRUIT AND HIS TEAM SUCKS[/highlight]???

WTF??

Take a logic course, Idol boy, his statement of "we DONT have the talent nor experience of playing together to be anything but at BEST an avg team when we are at our best." says that playing our BEST, we are at best, an average team, means that when not at our best, WE SUCK. also, stating that only Moe, Larry and Curly , er, Buckley, Mattis and Capko coming back from a team that only won 10 games is also a) horribly overmanned with other teams that have multiple guys back and B) horribly overmatched from an individual talent perspective...ergo, we can't recruit either.

Hey, maybe Oprah might recommend a book on the topic........

WTF??

Take a logic course, Idol boy, his statement of "we DONT have the talent nor experience of playing together to be anything but at BEST an avg team when we are at our best." says that playing our BEST, we are at best, an average team, means that when not at our best, WE SUCK. also, stating that only Moe, Larry and Curly , er, Buckley, Mattis and Capko coming back from a team that only won 10 games is also a) horribly overmanned with other teams that have multiple guys back and B) horribly overmatched from an individual talent perspective...ergo, we can't recruit either.

Logicial thinking isin't his thing. He to worried about which banwagon to jump on. Are you a Bears fan now?

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  2,276

WTF??

In regards to Hoop Recruiting...why can't Mac get HS kids to sign with USF...especially with the BIG EAST dangling carrot??

Seems that he almost solely realizes on I-A Transfers and some JUCO's.

I would think most HS kids top (along the East Coast) 2 Hoop Conferences they want to play college ball would be either the ACC or Big East..

USF received their Big East Invite in Nov 2003...one would think by this time he would have SEVERAL classes of mostly top HS players to fill out his squad.

If you can't recruit HS players to play Big East Hoops...your history...or your program will be.

PS. Mac might be very good at X's and O's...but without the Jimmy's and Joe's, how can one even be a .500 in Big East play?