• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Build it, will they come? Pack the Sun Dome?

Guest BasketBull.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  110
  • Content Count:  3,103
  • Days Won:  0

Jim, by standing we have the added bonus of being able to jump up and down which helps with our feet on the wooden floor and we also yell while doing that, during close games we usually do that and it looks good when we are all doing it.  but last night, we didn't need to do that.

The uf game was the best i've been to since i started here, i nearly jumped over the railing from excitement when we tied the game going into halftime, last years uconn game was ok, but their weren't 300 fans waiting in line 2 hours before game time, i was there at 1, and people didn't start showing up till like an hour and a half before the gate opened, i don't think we had 300 waiting in line when the gates opened.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  2,052

We need the fever of a person such as the Sherrif or Doc to start something like tent city(aka Greenbergopolis) to start up again. Around that concept, we had big time happenings almost for every home game. I remember the FU game, Tents everywhere, BBQ dinner, beer wagon, pep rally, music, you name it. It was a happening. Reaper

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,508
  • Days Won:  13

the line went from the gates past the enterence of the gym..... maybe not 300 but close. It was a party atmosphere with free drinks (soda) and food if I recall right. I do remember having to race to my seat.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,785
  • Days Won:  3

...I think if USF can put together a team that is .500 in the league, and .750 or better in OOC games, you'd see 6000 - 7000 fans no problem...

I think that's fair. Last night - even with the free ticket giveaway - not much of a crowd. I liked watching us win one (having sat through my fair share of losses), and agree that if we were competitive, that would change attendance.  

Truthfully - had the tix not been free - I wouldn't have been there last night. I do have tix for 'Cuse & ND. As much as I'd like to see a win, it's still a good opportunity to see these two teams live. I would assume that there are a number of folks who also show up based on the competition any given evening.

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

I think the attendance was about 3900 or so.

Just like in football.  it's going to be not only about winning, but about the significance of the games.  No way the Sun Dome doesn't sell out if we are playing any of the likes of UCONN, PITT, Georgetown, 'cuse, UL and the games are down to the wire consistently.  Even if we lose in  close games.  People would come.  I would even be willing to bet that even if we were playing those teams tight to the wire consistently, yet still losing, but the game came down to us winning for a chance to go to the to BE tourney.  We would sell at least 7500 seats on a regular basis.  More if we were winning.  

That's what I am talking about being competitive.  As long as we are in the games with simply THE CHANCE to do something people would show up.  Especially in this league.  It's not just about winning, but the quality of play and how meaningful the games are.  I truly believe that.

• Topic Count:  110
  • Content Count:  3,103

the line went from the gates past the enterence of the gym..... maybe not 300 but close. It was a party atmosphere with free drinks (soda) and food if I recall right. I do remember having to race to my seat.

i don't think it went that far, the last time we had the line past the entrance of the gym came in the game vs uf, when it went clear around the gym, we had the non-campers line, went around the gym, and the campers line who was just as full.  we haven't matched that yet.

i don't think it went that far, the last time we had the line past the entrance of the gym came in the game vs uf, when it went clear around the gym, we had the non-campers line, went around the gym, and the campers line who was just as full.  we haven't matched that yet.

why would I make something up to make Basketball attendance better than it was?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,734
  • Days Won:  425

...I think if USF can put together a team that is .500 in the league, and .750 or better in OOC games, you'd see 6000 - 7000 fans no problem...

I think that's fair. Last night - even with the free ticket giveaway - not much of a crowd. I liked watching us win one (having sat through my fair share of losses), and agree that if we were competitive, that would change attendance.  

I believe it was the 2nd best crowd of the season next to L'ville with nowhere near the opposing fans. I was impressed with the student turnout, whatever the reason was. Sunday afrernoon's turnout should be interesting with a top 15 team coming in.

• Topic Count:  59
  • Content Count:  2,307

Last sunday game we had sucked!!  I really doubt we'll have a good crowd, even with a ranked team.

I believe it was the 2nd best crowd of the season next to L'ville with nowhere near the opposing fans. I was impressed with the student turnout, whatever the reason was. Sunday afrernoon's turnout should be interesting with a top 15 team coming in.

The student turn out may be less than usual because Gasperilla is the night before. Many college students will get to the parade at 10 am and then head to chanelside untill 3am....... Not sure how many students with a hang over will make it for a 2pm tip off. I will try to get there. That may be a factor for low student turnout though.