• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

2007-2008 Bowl Tie-Ins

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  166
  • Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

From http://www.tbo.com/sports/bulls/MGBXSLAMCXE.html

BOWLED OVER: Here are next year's Big East bowl affiliations: BCS (champion), Gator or Sun (second selection) and Meineke Car Care (third selection). Papajohns.com and the International bowls will mutually select the fourth and fifth teams.

The Big East lost its tie-in with the Houston Bowl in 2007, but regains it in either 2008 or 2009.

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  1,165
  • Days Won:  0

we lost the Houston tie-in?

Friggin sweet!  THe Houston Bowl is horrrrrrrible as of now.

• Topic Count:  131
  • Content Count:  3,097

We did not lose them, they will swap out selections with CUSA and BE.  Last year they chose BE, so in 08 they must go with CUSA.  If they choose CUSA in 09, BE goes in 2010, and vice versa

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,508
  • Days Won:  13

that was the original agreement. Hopefully we will be in the Meinkee or BCS game. I don't think we have a chance at the Gator as we would get passed over.

• Topic Count:  166
  • Content Count:  9,038

The ironic thing is that at the rate our program is at,  the Gator Bowl is the only one that USF would actually travel well to.

If it's Pizza or Cars, then I predict about the same as this year.  A BCS?  Depends on where it is.  Sugar Bowl?  Maybe 6k at best.

Unfortunately, I think we're going back to Charlotte.  This is not a bad thing since it was a great time up there, but bowls are all about money and we just can't draw what's needed for the big games.

And I sincerely hope that we don't go back to Birmingham...that place was horrible.

The ironic thing is that at the rate our program is at,  the Gator Bowl is the only one that USF would actually travel well to.

If it's Pizza or Cars, then I predict about the same as this year.  A BCS?  Depends on where it is.  Sugar Bowl?  Maybe 6k at best.

Unfortunately, I think we're going back to Charlotte.  This is not a bad thing since it was a great time up there, but bowls are all about money and we just can't draw what's needed for the big games.

And I sincerely hope that we don't go back to Birmingham...that place was horrible.

agreed...... B-Ham sucked although if the Bulls went to a bowl there again I would follow..... That was the worst bowl atmosphere I have ever been to.

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  4,642
  • Days Won:  0

how about let's just go for whatever one draws the biggest crowd, and since our crowd is dependant on date we should go for the best date.  i would love to go to the gator bowl this coming year.  plus if we get invited to the gator bowl it was because we won some pretty big games and that means more and more people will travel.

What do you guys mean?

Who doesn't like waiting 45 minutes in line at a concession stand? or Not being able to get bottled water? or having the opposing fans sitting right next  to you?  or not having bowl-related things to do before gameday? or having a paltry pep-rally that morning? or playing on ESPN2 ?

lol...

Where go the Bulls, so go I... but I would vastly prefer Charlotte to Birmingham... and Toronto is a great city with a heck of a lot to do...

how about let's just go for whatever one draws the biggest crowd, and since our crowd is dependant on date we should go for the best date.  i would love to go to the gator bowl this coming year.  plus if we get invited to the gator bowl it was because we won some pretty big games and that means more and more people will travel.

The gator bowlwill not take us. We cant sell the amount of tickets they want. If they were in a situation where they had to take us as the Big East rep (I dont think that situation exist) then they would use their option for a Big 12 school.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Once again the Gator Bowl had a tough time getting actual butts in seats, so barring miracle I just don't see them taking USF. Especially if Notre Dame is sitting there at 8-4 or an attractive Big 12 team is available.

A lot of it can be attributed to Georgia Tech and the fact that they don't travel great and the fact that they were playing their second game in Jacksonville in a month.

They were required to take GT however, that "one loss rule" that binded them is gone so they are able to take whatever ACC team they want (which would have been Va Tech without a doubt this year; rivalry game)

Toyota has told them they are not renewing as a sponsor, bowl revenues are down, and Jacksonville is searching for ways to make their game as successful as the Cotton, Outback, and Citrus Bowl games.

Just to note ND has given them over 70,000 in attendance every time they have made the game. They will not ignore that.