• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Marquette, You're Next

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

If Marquette's 3-point shooting is worth a ****, they'll light us up, as our guys generally disregard any thought of defending the perimeter

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2
  • Days Won:  0

If Marquette's 3-point shooting is worth a ****, they'll light us up, as our guys generally disregard any thought of defending the perimeter

You're in luck.  Our 3pt game generally sucks.  If our guards can't penetrate your D (which they do very well), then we could be in for a long night.  Also, how deep is your bench?  We've got one of the worst FT shooting teams in the BE - so the "hack anybody" strategy could work too  :P

Don't get me wrong, we've got a great team, but there are weaknesses.  If you trust (RPI) numbers, your team is better than Valparaiso, and they almost beat us when we visited their place earlier this year.  We play a disrupting defense, and rely on fast break points for a lot of our scoring.

Nothing is a sure thing is this league, so all MU fans will be huddled around their radios (err...streaming internet) until we hear the final buzzer on this one.  

• Topic Count:  226
  • Content Count:  3,574

You're in luck.  Our 3pt game generally sucks.  If our guards can't penetrate your D (which they do very well), then we could be in for a long night.  Also, how deep is your bench?  We've got one of the worst FT shooting teams in the BE - so the "hack anybody" strategy could work too  :P

Don't get me wrong, we've got a great team, but there are weaknesses.  If you trust (RPI) numbers, your team is better than Valparaiso, and they almost beat us when we visited their place earlier this year.  We play a disrupting defense, and rely on fast break points for a lot of our scoring.

Nothing is a sure thing is this league, so all MU fans will be huddled around their radios (err...streaming internet) until we hear the final buzzer on this one.  

You guys must be FREEZING up there.

I tend to forget that DePaul and Marquette came with us from CUSA...

Thanks for stopping by.  I wouldn't be concerned if I was Marquette (though I hope I'm wrong  ;))

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  538

This guy must be smoking the crackpipe to stay warm in poor man's Chicagoland.  Marquette waxed Duke by 11 and Connecticut by 3 ON THE ROAD!!!  I hope we stay in the gym with Marquette. Lou Holtz Jr. here must be laughing all the way to the bratwurst factory this morning thinking we bought this line of BS....

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

bulls will be lucky to make tourney

i say they dont make it

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

MU fan here... looking forward to the game.. only disappointment for me is that it is not televised (last game for us for which the video won't be available).

This USF team tends to be panicky and make stupid decisions when playing up against a top opponent. Hopefully they are more settled down getting to play #15 at home.

Thank god it's not televised.... please be gentle!!!

hmm sounds like a team with not much talent or not well coached

why ever panick????

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,499
  • Days Won:  13

bulls will be lucky to make tourney

i say they dont make it

I WOULD SAY YOU ARE RIGHT

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,473
  • Days Won:  43

You talking about making the NCAA tourny??? I dont think we will make the NCAA this year. Maybe an NIT bid if we upset Marq. Next season we can shoot for the NCAA.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2

LOL, you guys are a riot.  I'm in CO, but it's been pretty chilly here lately too.

Ok, maybe I'm giving you too much credit.  Ken Pomeroy's numbers say there's an 83% chance we'll win.  Just giving you the 17% credit you deserve ;)  I mean...you are 2-1 at home this year, which is already tons better than last year.

Maybe it won't be close, maybe it will.  Just stopping by to say hello and share some info about our team.  Cheers!

• Topic Count:  961
  • Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

I'm guessing Marquette will still come in as 8 point favorites for this weekend's game.