• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

ATTN COACH FREY!!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  33
  • Content Count:  662
  • Days Won:  0

Since I KNOW you go on these boards and all...You've made me sad...now I'm not gonna now like any of the coaches anymore...lol :'( While you're over there though, convince that coach of theirs to give Bednarik a chance at QB again...he's a much better passer than White! Agghh, then again, maybe not...we want to make it 2 in a row ;-)

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

Hey Big Sweat (not anymore from all the pictures I've seen of you)... good luck at WVU... tell Calvin and Doug hello and best wishes... if you're ever up for some shots of 151 again in Channelside, I'm not too hard to track down. Enjoy your more pleasant working hours at WVU, and don't forget your South Florida roots. It was great playing for ya... this is by far WVU's biggest recruiting coup of the year. FWIW and tell Rod... you have a recruit coming from Osbourn High School at QB/DB... he's the real deal at QB... the transition from Pat White will be too easy. See ya in Tampa and Morgantown!

Big Luke  

• Topic Count:  118
  • Content Count:  873

On the other hand, I wish you BAD LUCK.  You are a traitor to our school.  After we just had the best year in team history, you are leaving to another Big East school.  You piece of trash

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,415
  • Days Won:  43

Classy post there.  :o

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  3,403

On the other hand, I wish you BAD LUCK.  You are a traitor to our school.  After we just had the best year in team history, you are leaving to another Big East school.  You piece of trash

tad harsh, heh.  his salary is increasing from 95,000 to 145,000, more than a 50% increase.  not many would refuse that.  I'm glad that Leavitt is a great example of loyalty to USF and hopefully continues his tradition of surviving losses of coaches and marches on to a big east championship.  he tried to leverage, through offers from other schools, enough salary increase for his assistants to keep them but it's hard to compete with a 50% raise.

so, good luck coach frey but i hope we beat your new team every year.

“Between [Arizona coach] Mike Stoops [who has had six former USF staff members] and [West Virginia coach] Rich Rodriguez, those guys ought to do some nice things for me,†USF coach Jim Leavitt said. “I’m preparing all their coaches.â€Â

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,415
  • Days Won:  43

Yet WVU's Coach Rod didnt even give USF a vote in the coaches poll. What gives??

• Topic Count:  68
  • Content Count:  651

Coach Frey will certainly be missed as he was one of the best coaches on staff. Its a shame that we can't pay our coaches a little more money to try and keep them here! I wish Frey the best but GO BULLS!!!!!

Guest JulmisteForPrez

Hate to see coach Frey leaving.  Seemed like he was a very effective recruiter and a good developer of talent.

So since coach Smith is leaving, does that mean we'll run something other than a QB draw on 2nd downs next season?

• Topic Count:  50
  • Content Count:  358

...his salary is increasing from 95,000 to 145,000, more than a 50% increase.  not many would refuse that.  

<snip>

he tried to leverage, through offers from other schools, enough salary increase for his assistants to keep them but it's hard to compete with a 50% raise.

http://www.sptimes.com/2007/01/23/Sports/Two_top_offensive_ass.shtml

According to this article by Greg Auman:

Leavitt said he'd told Smith and Frey he'd match the offers.

So they did NOT leave for the money!

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  113

traitors! but i am glad Smith is gone. can't wait till we kick WVU a$$ next year!