• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF Banquet, Recruiting Visits Canceled

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  4,016
  • Days Won:  0

BAD MOVE

why should rest of teams suffer

show must go on

recruits will not understand as they dont have to.they will be welcomed at other schools

college football is a very  competitive business

smazza should be put in the penalty box for this.  Does he realize how this went down?

Does he realize that a part of the team was witnessing this as it happened and are now very traumatized?  Do you think that Saturday night they all want to get up and applaud one another, and accept awards?

You can't be serious man?  I feel for your personal losses but don't make your issues become a jaded, and callous person.  The memorial service will more than likely be this weekend do you expect people ignore that for a banquet or to be a recruiting host?

Nope, if a recruit doesn't understand this then he does not belong in the USF family, and that goes double for a fan!

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  219
  • Content Count:  3,827

wow smazza.....wow.... :o

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

BAD MOVE

show must go on

recruits will not understand as they dont have to.they will be welcomed at other schools

smazza should be put in the penalty box for this.  Does he realize how this went down?

Does he realize that a part of the team was witnessing this as it happened and are now very traumatized?  Do you think that Saturday night they all want to get up and applaud one another, and accept awards?

You can't be serious man?  I feel for your personal losses but don't make your issues become a jaded, and callous person.  The memorial service will more than likely be this weekend do you expect people ignore that for a banquet or to be a recruiting host?

Nope, if a recruit doesn't understand this then he does not belong in the USF family, and that goes double for a fan!

I was going to be at the Banquet Saturday night.  The call to cancel the event and the visitation of one or two last recruits was correct.  If I were a recruit and told that the visit was being called off for the reason it was, then I would be very understanding and thankful, because the school I was considering being a part of really cares about its students/athletes, etc.  Rather than turn away a recruit I think it would encourage him to consider USF.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  21

BAD MOVE

show must go on

wow...what about banned??

• Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  1,113
  • Days Won:  1

>:( You know why give Smazza the attention.  How juvenile can you get!  I won't even grace a response to his comments.  CJL deserves all the kudos and respect.  I told hubby last night that it seems like these guys are my family and even though I haven't met each one they are grafted in to the family when they become a "Bull".  If a young recruit can't see that this team is about family than I don't want him wearing that green and gold.  These guys are proud to say I am a "Bull"!  But it takes more than talent to be a considered a "Bull"!  Maybe this will open the eyes of the undecided!  

• Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  545

smazza I don't agree with you a lot but on this one you are WAY out of line.  If a recruit can't understand why we cancelled his visit he does not need to be a bull.  I can't believe you would say something like that. This team is in no shape to be able to host recruits for a weekend and be at an awards banquet this weekend.  A 19 year old lost his life yesterday!  The team should be concentrating on remebering and honoring him as much as possible not impressing some recruit.

RIP #10

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  21

what a stupid and low class move smazza I hope you never post again

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  3,403

imagine showing off the athletics facility so soon....wow...i was against smazza being banned before, but this is crossing the line.

anyway, good job leavitt and everyone else that might have been involved in the decision.  hopefully next week or after everything can be rescheduled.

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  4,016

It's wrong to have recruits in on so many levels.  Like windbane makes a valid point, recruits will want to see the weightroom, can you imagine a player host taking them through the lockerroom this weekend?

Not at all.

Another classy move is the entire team getting bused up to Tally for the funeral.  Class move again.