• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

RIP Keeley Dorsey

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  549
  • Days Won:  0

That's so sad.  My condolences to everyone in the Dorsey and Bulls families.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  401

Reminds you of what is important. Everday is a huge blessing. Prayers and thoughts.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  110
  • Content Count:  5,407
  • Days Won:  10

May Our Lady of Sorrows spread her mantle of peace over the Dorsey family.marysor.jpg

• Topic Count:  33
  • Content Count:  662

One of my teammates called me on my way to my internship....was driving through malfunction junction. I'm still in shock. He was such a neat person, a REALLY nice guy. He had that infectious smile and such a wonderful sense of humor. I can't believe he's gone.  I spoke to a few of my friends on the team, including one who was one of his best friends and another who was right there when it happened.  Everybody's having a tough time with it.  I was just in the weight room around noon today. I'm not gonna be able to go in there for a while.

Oh yeah, speaking of that....you guys might find this interesting...

I never noticed but on his facebook is this quote right here-

"Enjoy life today,Yesterday is gone, and Tomorrow may never come, Live life to the fullest" (it's tattooed on his back too)

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  2,052

So very sad right now. Everything that is USF is on standstill. My heart cries for the Dorsey family. May you be comforted by Christs love. So sad. So very sad. :'(  

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,080

Shocking.... :'(

From everything I've heard, he wasnt doing "strenuous" lifting at the time, just some light weight...sounds like one of those "freak" things that just happens sometimes. The really bad part is that it happened in front of the entire team.

I feel terrible for his family and for his friends and teamates.

Freak things?  Is that what you call an unknown pre-existing condition that causes death...odds are that Dorsey's autopsy will reveal such a condition.

• Topic Count:  219
  • Content Count:  3,827

Shocking.... :'(

From everything I've heard, he wasnt doing "strenuous" lifting at the time, just some light weight...sounds like one of those "freak" things that just happens sometimes. The really bad part is that it happened in front of the entire team.

I feel terrible for his family and for his friends and teamates.

Freak things?  Is that what you call an unknown pre-existing condition that causes death...odds are that Dorsey's autopsy will reveal such a condition.

Yes.

Yeah they weren't doing anything stenuous...I don't even think they started winter conditioning yet. But as far as a pre-existing condition goes- the staff that conducts the physicals does a THOROUGH job of examining the athletes to ensure they're apt to handle the physical demands of their sports. Even the cheerleaders have to fill out about 15 pages worth of medical history...so please don't think these guys aren't in good hands.  Even though I'm a cheerleader and technically should applaud whatever the athletics department does, you guys on here know I'm outspoken enough to where I'd speak my mind, and that's my honest assessment of it all. It was an accident.

• Topic Count:  723
  • Content Count:  12,293

theyve got it scrolling across the ESPN bottom line and it just breaks your heart everytime you see it.

usually it is so nice to see our school getting this national recognition but not under these circumstances.  i wish it was for some other reason that the sports world knew Keeley Dorsey's name, its just so sad that he won't get that chance.