• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Jose' Rips Administration

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  1,433
  • Days Won:  0

I have a different take on Women's Basketball after having followed this team a little more closely for the last three years.  First...we have an All American Basketball player...Jessica Dickson will soon be in the WNBA.  That's a reason enough to go see the ladies.  Second....this is a solid women's team.  I read the comment from somebody who said they went to a few games when they were in college...me too.  They sucked.  We had slow women who couldn't shoot and couldn't play defense.  That is no longer the case...good shooters, defensive intensity...it's good stuff.  I drive 40 minutes to come check out the ladies play at least seven games a year.   I've been to 4 games so far this year.  

Finally, this is [highlight]USF's [/highlight] ladies team.  This is our school.  As Alums, it's up to us to support our programs financially and with our butts in the seat.  Jose is a great coach and he will not be here much longer without fan support.  Then....all of you will complain that our women's basketball team is no good!  Suddenly you care when there's no quality...it's a vicious cycle.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh...and Mike Ford was at the game last night.  He was into it.....and you missed your opportunity to see him.  

Oh...and back on topic....the [highlight]Marketing efforts [/highlight]are weak.  I think it's partially a budget issue.  As a real sports fan...I put this stuff on my calendar when schedules come out and I'm inflexible about the times our teams are on court or field (when it comes to Football and MBB).  

• Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  545

There is no excuse not to be at the majority of the games.  There are not that many conference games left so i'm sure most can take a few hours to go watch a winning team.  I talked to Jose b4 the season started and he said he wanted a lot of people there for the LSU and UCONN games.  Of course the LSU game has passed but lets get out there and pack the place for the UCONN game.

Guest Ari_Hinkelberger

Just want to put the word out that Jose is probably going to leave after this season.  He thinks he deserves A LOT more money.  I happen to agree.  My bet is the AD won't cough it up and let him leave just like they let that great Volleyball coach go.

What this guy has done with the women's program should be recieving national acclaim. They were the doormat of our athletic program for years.  Jose has turned it into one of the top programs we have.

If Woolard is committed to winning he will give this guy the salary he deserves.

My money says he won't...  But this whole "rip the administration" is simply a prelude to Jose saying "pay me" or I am going somewhere that appreciates a winning program.

My guess -- probably Florida State.... or a Georgia.

Another bad move by the AD.  We keep Mac around, but don't even reward the other guy who is making the tourney and winning basketball games.

Go figure.

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

I am glad he popped off about the fan support.  

I do have one question though.  Other than in the headline of the article, where does it show him ripping the administration directly?  Did anyone hear his actual comments?  Was there more that was said that was not printed?  Unless more was said that was not printed, in reading this article all I am seeing is complaints about the fan support.  Where is he ripping the administration?  Not that don't deserve it, but I don't see a quote to that effect.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Another bad move by the AD.  We keep Mac around, but don't even reward the other guy who is making the tourney and winning basketball games.

Another bad move by the AD?  I must have missed the part where it said the Jose was leaving.  Other than retaining Coach Mac, what other bad move, in your opinion, has he done?

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  2,052

I am sick and tired of the excuses of our marketing dept. Budget cuts this, not enough money for that, wah wah wah! It's about putting butts in the seats. UConn has no problem for womens sports. Louisville has no problem with Womens sports. Even UF has no problems putting butts in seats, (albeit, it's definitely asses that fill their seats). It's how you market. TV stations, media, radio, all play a part. It's a medium not touched by our marketing dept. Why not have a free day. Let's say anyone wearing a USF shirt on gets in free for let's say...   UConn game. I will bet you that we could put A LOT of people in the seats. All it takes is a simple idea like that, advertise it, and let it run. No great science here!

• Topic Count:  693
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  1

I guess this pretty much refutes the darkside's claims that a winning team will bring thousands more fans to the SunDome.  USF isn't a bball school, and Tampa isn't a bball town.

Not really...it has been demonstrated that a winning USF Men's Basketball team will draw a full house.

The NCAA/NIT teams of the early 90's should be all the proof you need of that.