• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

What happened to Leslie Stirrups?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,080
  • Days Won:  0

I have to much class then to release certain names....but none have felony's or else they would not be allowed on the team, but i find it hilarious how first it was 'criminals' now you tighten up with 'felony's' well clearly you know, or probably dont' because you've proven to be fairly ignorant about all that is USF and it's surrounding community, that USF does not allow felons to play athletics, and thus there are no felons on the squad- 1 or 2 that had charges reduced, but no punished felons, and neither will Stirrups if he successfully completes the pre-trial intervention program.

Rather than just lump all crimes under felony or not, I'd hope they'd take a look at the severity of the"felony" and what transpired since it occured. To deny a scholarship for taking a couple of cameras from a parked car seems absurd if it's the only major blemish on a kid's record. People make mistakes, especially young people, and to deny a kid to have a real chance in life because of it just seems like a mistake... Sorry I can't be as heartless as the Hauling Bull family in cases like this. I guess I need to toughen up.

He's already gotten a major break from the judge...let him get a job and work his way through college...There are plenty of other good football players available who have kept their noses clean and worked hard to get good grades in HS...give the schollies to them.

To deny a scholarship for taking a couple of cameras from a parked car seems absurd if it's the only major blemish on a kid's record.

Well, I think it's more absurd to reward a kid who steals from people with a scholarship when there plenty of kids who don't steal who would love to get that scholarship and play for USF.

Was Stirrups stealing the cameras to feed his family or to help put a roof over their heads?  

Mamma Bull, True he will not have a felony conviction on his record if he completes the probation, however that doesn't change the fact that he committed the crimes.  I wish him well.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  724
  • Content Count:  10,219

if he fulfills his probation and keeps his nose clean for 18mon

then he should come back to usf.

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

if he fulfills his probation and keeps his nose clean for 18mon

then he should come back to usf.

After completing half of he supervision, if he has met all of his terms and conditions, he probably could petition the Court to release him from the program.  In order to do that, the Court will ask his probation officer for his or her recommendation.

Chances are that by the end of August he could be out of the program.  Again, I say could be.  There is absolutely nothing to say that the Court will release him from the program early.

My feeling is........if he successfully completes the program, he will have earned the right to be considered for re-admission to school.  Those requirements are somewhat easier than completing the pretrial intervention program.  He will not have a felony conviction on his record.

• Topic Count:  46
  • Content Count:  2,523

The problem Hauling Bull is how many 4 star DTs do you see wanting to play at USF?  The cruel reality of sports is a large number of the most talented athletes are hardly students in academics.  There major if you will is Football with a minor in "x".  The fact is, if he's as good as they say and improves this team and helps lead to Ws which lead to bigger bowls which leads to more money for the program (more than any one donor we have could give); then it helps the program for EVERYONE.

I hear what you're saying and hopefully one day our program can do it the way you're wanting to, but we're scratching and clawing to compete and if a guy is "legal"; then we're crazy not to give him a second chance.

The second point, who are you going to go be a fan of then?  UM?  FSU?  Texas?  Michigan? Bama?   The better the program the more instances of this stuff you'll see.  USF is about as clean a program even with Stirrups as you'll find in the country and Leavitt might be this kids only chance at being a solid member of the community for the future.  Which is better?  Him straightening out and learning discipline and practicing football?  Or roaming the streets with nothing to do and breaking into more cars?

That's what the scholarship offer could mean in this case.  If we give it to him and he screws up even once?  KICK HIM TO THE CURB.  But until then, I'm willing to give him a shot for the good of the program.

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  3,403

The problem Hauling Bull is how many 4 star DTs do you see wanting to play at USF?  The cruel reality of sports is a large number of the most talented athletes are hardly students in academics.  There major if you will is Football with a minor in "x".  The fact is, if he's as good as they say and improves this team and helps lead to Ws which lead to bigger bowls which leads to more money for the program (more than any one donor we have could give); then it helps the program for EVERYONE.

I hear what you're saying and hopefully one day our program can do it the way you're wanting to, but we're scratching and clawing to compete and if a guy is "legal"; then we're crazy not to give him a second chance.

The second point, who are you going to go be a fan of then?  UM?  FSU?  Texas?  Michigan? Bama?   The better the program the more instances of this stuff you'll see.  USF is about as clean a program even with Stirrups as you'll find in the country and Leavitt might be this kids only chance at being a solid member of the community for the future.  Which is better?  Him straightening out and learning discipline and practicing football?  Or roaming the streets with nothing to do and breaking into more cars?

That's what the scholarship offer could mean in this case.  If we give it to him and he screws up even once?  KICK HIM TO THE CURB.  But until then, I'm willing to give him a shot for the good of the program.

well said.

The second point, who are you going to go be a fan of then?  UM?  FSU?  Texas?  Michigan? Bama?

I didn't know there was a requirement to be a fan of any team or any sport for that matter.  I can live just fine without college football just as I live without being interested in the NFL, MLB, or the NBA.  

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  538

The second point, who are you going to go be a fan of then?  UM?  FSU?  Texas?  Michigan? Bama?

I didn't know there was a requirement to be a fan of any team or any sport for that matter.  I can live just fine without college football just as I live without being interested in the NFL, MLB, or the NBA.  

Great then. Enjoy your life, have fun.

Maybe you might think you are participating on the wrong board then?  perhaps I'd suggest www.iliveunderarockandhavemissedwhatsgoingonintherealworld.com  ?

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,501

I think its a crime this thread continues.  

Great then. Enjoy your life, have fun.

Maybe you might think you are participating on the wrong board then?  perhaps I'd suggest www.iliveunderarockandhavemissedwhatsgoingonintherealworld.com  ?

It's sad if you think that  football is more than a mere blip on the radar in the grand scheme of life in the real world.

I think its a crime this thread continues.  

I agree, but at least it's not a felony.

Unless they are employed by USF AD, I don't know why anyone would care so much about my (or anyone else for that matter) continuing to support  USF  football.

I don't care if any of them go to USF games or support the program in anyway.  It doesn't affect me one way or the other what they do.

Heck the majority of USF students and alumni don't support USF athletics.