• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

What happened to Leslie Stirrups?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,080
  • Days Won:  0

According to the Tampa Police Department arrest report, Stirrups stole digital cameras and other small items from two cars that were parked at the parking lot near Tampa International Airport where he worked with his mother.

"Stirrups faces six felony charges: two counts of burglary of a conveyance, two counts of third-degree grand theft, one count of dealing in stolen property and one for giving false information to a pawnbroker."

- GREG AUMAN, Times staff writer

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

At least we know how to make STK come out of the woodwork after the next beatdown in mousetown ::)

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  135

"but carlos, he had it hard growing up.  he had it tough and made a bad decision..."  

interesting choice of names...really tells me all i need to know about you

windbane and bbs:  right on

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

I am sure some coach somewhere, even if not USF will be willing to give Stirrups a second/third/fourth/etc. chance to play ball.  This will be regardless of if Stirrups has truly made restitution or changed his ways.  Reality of life.  Kids without that kind of ability aren't so fortunate.  Always has been that way, probably always will be.

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  3,403

I think it sends the  wrong message to reward a felon with a college scholarship when there are plenty of youngmen who keep there noses clean who would love the chance to play football for USF.

he stole a few cameras.  that doesn't make him the devil.  everyone that burns dvds is a felon too.  ever download music and/or movies?  hum...

1.  He's a THIEF... a dumb one to boot.

2.  He did poorly in HS...he couldn't qualify for admission to USF.

It sends the wrong message to reward someone like him a college scholarship when there are  youngmen  who have keep there noses clean and worked hard to do well in HS.

1.  you should also reward people that atone for their mistakes. stealing a few cameras was stupid, but that doesn't say much about his character to me.

Mean breaking/entering into cars that are NOT YOURS and committing SIX Felonies at a place you and your MOTHER WORK AT...doesn't say much about his character????

Wow!!!!

Where the heck are YOU from???

If committing felonies at a place that even your MOTHER works at doesn't SHOUT OUT LOW/ZERO Character of a person for you...I have no idea what would for you.

I'm from somewhere that forgives people:  The United States.  The "six" felonies are from 1 bad decision in his life.  I am saying that the one act, a very wrong one, does not indicate he is going to do it again.

I do not know why he did it.  I do not know him as a person.  I will not judge someone based on the biggest mistake (that I know of, because again, I don't know him) he has made in his life.  I will not condemn him forever.  If the judge saw fit to put him on probation instead of sending him to jail, then he does not belong in jail.  If the coach at Pearl River saw that he was contrite and believes in him, then he deserves a second chance.  Finally, if Jim Leavitt hears from Hatten that everything went well in the time he was at Pearl River and offers him a scholarship here, then great.  I trust Jim Leavitt's judgement as well.

So, you can go against the judgement of a court Judge, Hatten, and possibly Leavitt if you want, but I'll stand by them because I believe Leavitt to be a stand-up, classy guy.

So which COMPANY (That could afford it) did he steal the cameras from?

thank you for reminding me of that article.  so it was 2 individuals, then.  well, that is worse, certainly (to me).  I'm sure those individuals have been reimbursed or their cameras returned to them.  Does not change the fact that I trust the judge's, hatten's, and leavitt's judgement a lot more than yours.

Also, knight light, why are you so active on this board?  are you thank uninterested in your own team or do they just not communicate enough with you?

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,080

I think it sends the  wrong message to reward a felon with a college scholarship when there are plenty of youngmen who keep there noses clean who would love the chance to play football for USF.

he stole a few cameras.  that doesn't make him the devil.  everyone that burns dvds is a felon too.  ever download music and/or movies?  hum...

1.  He's a THIEF... a dumb one to boot.

2.  He did poorly in HS...he couldn't qualify for admission to USF.

It sends the wrong message to reward someone like him a college scholarship when there are  youngmen  who have keep there noses clean and worked hard to do well in HS.

1.  you should also reward people that atone for their mistakes. stealing a few cameras was stupid, but that doesn't say much about his character to me.

Mean breaking/entering into cars that are NOT YOURS and committing SIX Felonies at a place you and your MOTHER WORK AT...doesn't say much about his character????

Wow!!!!

Where the heck are YOU from???

If committing felonies at a place that even your MOTHER works at doesn't SHOUT OUT LOW/ZERO Character of a person for you...I have no idea what would for you.

I'm from somewhere that forgives people:  The United States.  The "six" felonies are from 1 bad decision in his life.  I am saying that the one act, a very wrong one, does not indicate he is going to do it again.

I do not know why he did it.  I do not know him as a person.  I will not judge someone based on the biggest mistake (that I know of, because again, I don't know him) he has made in his life.  I will not condemn him forever.  If the judge saw fit to put him on probation instead of sending him to jail, then he does not belong in jail.  If the coach at Pearl River saw that he was contrite and believes in him, then he deserves a second chance.  Finally, if Jim Leavitt hears from Hatten that everything went well in the time he was at Pearl River and offers him a scholarship here, then great.  I trust Jim Leavitt's judgement as well.

So, you can go against the judgement of a court Judge, Hatten, and possibly Leavitt if you want, but I'll stand by them because I believe Leavitt to be a stand-up, classy guy.

The judgement of the courts!!!   The judgement of court is the reason John Couey was able to murder Jessica Lunsford.

"March 24, 2005 Last night, CNN's Anderson Cooper played a chilling police audio tape of a 1991 confession made by the accused killer of 9-year-old Jessica Lunsford. On the tape, John E. Couey is heard admitting to molesting a young girl in her own backyard. For the crime he was subsequently charged, convicted and imprisoned for 2 years."

"Florida Courts do not provide probation workers with criminal backgrounds of their probationers, even in the case of registered sexual offenders like Couey."

" Couey has an extensive criminal record that includes 24 arrests for burglary, carrying a concealed weapon without a permit and indecent exposure. In 1991, he was arrested in Kissimmee on a charge of fondling a child under age 16. [11] During a house burglary in 1978, Couey was accused of grabbing a girl in her bedroom, placing his hand over her mouth and kissing her. Couey was sentenced to 10 years in prison but was paroled in 1980."

Look at another brilliant judgement call by the men and women in black robes .

"During a house burglary in 1978, he was accused of grabbing a girl in her bedroom, placing his hand over her mouth and kissing her, Dawsy said. Jessica was last seen in her bedroom, Dawsy has said. [highlight]Couey was sentenced to 10 years in prison but was paroled in 1980, a time when inmates were serving a small fraction of their sentences. " [/highlight]

are you kidding?  bringing up example after example doesn't prove much.  and that's just 1 guy.  there are plenty of cases that are done correctly.  what is your problem?  seriously.

so you also don't trust hatten's or leavitt's judgement.  great.  just trust your own.  oh wait, except you don't know him.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,737
  • Days Won:  425

According to the Tampa Police Department arrest report, Stirrups stole digital cameras and other small items from two cars that were parked at the parking lot near Tampa International Airport where he worked with his mother.

"Stirrups faces six felony charges: two counts of burglary of a conveyance, two counts of third-degree grand theft, one count of dealing in stolen property and one for giving false information to a pawnbroker."

- GREG AUMAN, Times staff writer

Where's the other stuff? Surely this can't be all he's done for all the righteous indignation that you guys have been spouting about this ....  :o