• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Robert Marve

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  188
  • Days Won:  0

Hey! dont make fun of JP's side kick.  That Bobby Fenton, he's the reason that I get 15-20 minutes a week to do a USF recruiting update on ESPN radio.  He went to UF, but he's extremely pro USF.  I'm sure he was asking Marve questions about USF because we've talked about him several times on the air.

Josh Newberg

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  76

Hey! dont make fun of JP's side kick.  That Bobby Fenton, he's the reason that I get 15-20 minutes a week to do a USF recruiting update on ESPN radio.  He went to UF, but he's extremely pro USF.  I'm sure he was asking Marve questions about USF because we've talked about him several times on the air.

Josh Newberg

What I heard was them discussing the Times article regarding Marve's visit to Alabama.  Bobby said he still thought Miami and USF were the favorites to get Marve and JP chimmed in with some comment that he hoped Marve ended up at FSU because they didn't have a single decent QB.

• Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  574

rumblings that he might visit ohio state also...

Gross.  Just gross.  :-[

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Although we would love to get Marve on the team......we can do without him, I bullieve.  He would be redshirted at least for the first year, then he would have to compete with an experienced Junior QB Matt Grothe.  

I think he wants to be able to play immediately.  Also, if you watched the North/

South game, you saw how he got sacked.  As we all know, high school football is not college football.

How many great prospects wind up either sitting on the bench or transferring elsewhere?  

I'd rather he be playing for us than against us for certain.

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

My gut tells me that he's not coming to USF. Regardless, I think we'll have the necessary depth to compete for the Big East Conference championship. We should be targeting some stud QB's for next season's incoming recruiting class. I know we haven't even completed this recruiting cycle yet, but does anyone in recruiting loop know of any stud Bay-area QB's that are even contemplating USF as an option?

• Topic Count:  166
  • Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

Whatever happens, I am down.

Like Charlie Brown.