• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Another H.O.T. topic . . .

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  479
  • Content Count:  1,991
  • Days Won:  0

Thanks, and thanks to all those who donated their hard earned dollars towards this gift,  they will be in no later than the end of the month

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  117
  • Content Count:  971

100 from AgingBull and 536 from JEWBULL & Friends=636 to date

• Topic Count:  26
  • Content Count:  295

if you were thinking of donating to H.O.T. now would be the time to do it..I see this post has over a hundred and eighty hits..if everyone of those hits just donated one dollar it would generate over 300 for the band...GO BULLS

• Topic Count:  238
  • Content Count:  4,139
  • Days Won:  1

I gotta jump on this "band" wagon...  Don't know how much, but I'll cough up something.      ( and I'm a real cheapskate! )  ;)

• Topic Count:  98
  • Content Count:  1,532

Amazing stuff guys.  If you want the direct link to the donation video/form.. click the green box in my signature below!

I hope someone doubles my $ when I start donating! (my donating requires paying off loans that paid for current band classes... haha)

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  594

How much do I have to donate for them to get rid of flip folders?

• Topic Count:  98
  • Content Count:  1,532

Well, thats either an ignorent or a hateful question.  That does not take money, that takes a lot of extra work on the members part.  Most bands will ALWAYS have flip folders, including the top military bands in the country.  I might agree that having them on the field isn't great, but they are needed (for the band's large number of stands songs) for the stands.

Either way, I'll quote from BleacherBull on Jan 10th, 2007, 5:43pm:

P.S. Please start another thread if you want to discuss things like their past or future musical selections, your reasons for not contributing at this time, or the relative attractiveness of flag team members.  Thanks very much!

Start your fight elsewhere please.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  594

Well, thats either an ignorent or a hateful question.  That does not take money, that takes a lot of extra work on the members part.  Most bands will ALWAYS have flip folders, including the top military bands in the country.  

Wrong.

People actually research these things, believe it or not, and only 35% of college bands use flip folders. Most of them are at the Division II or below level. (Visit http://www.ucband.uc.edu/kappakappapsi/compendium/ for all sorts of fascinating information about college bands.)

I am not aware of more than a handful of Division I marching band that uses flip folders. I'm sure there are some, but they're likely schools like Troy or something. Rutgers and WVU use flip folders when not inside the stadium-- but do we really want to emulate those guys? No one I've seen in the MAC uses them, though Ball State's band might want to consider it -- they could use the help. Rice uses them, but that's because the M.O.B. is a scatter band open to the public that's far more about onfield antics than being good musicians.

I watched nearly every bowl game, watching the band to see if I could verify my suspicions, and while not every school's band got enough face time for me to be 100% positive, I sure know I never saw any flip folders for any other team.

I love this university, I love our band, but we gotta get rid of the flip folders. Do a few google searches. Other message boards openly mock us. I never played in a band in my life, I just happened to attend a few schools with top-level marching bands, and I'm proud of them, and I'd like to be proud of USF's too.

• Topic Count:  42
  • Content Count:  1,066

Bobcat99,

I invite you to http://herdofthunder.proboards102.com/ to post any concerns about the Herd of Thunder Athletic Bands.

I think your posts are missing the spirit of BleacherBull's donation drive.

• Topic Count:  26
  • Content Count:  295

dont know what a flip folder is or even care to no..I just  hope we get some BULLS to come up with a little money for HOT and get your donation doubled..we only have till the end of the month..I figured this would have be a done deal already...GOOOOO BULLS