• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Another H.O.T. topic . . .

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  117
  • Content Count:  971
  • Days Won:  0

After going to my second bowl game to see the Bulls, I made a new year's resolution to step up and be a better fan and donor than I have been in the past.  I ordered season tickets for the first time, along with a Bulls Club donation.  However, lately I've been feeling a bit guilty about not supporting the Herd of Thunder in a similar manner.  After all, their enthusiam and hard work were a big part of the overall bowl experience for me and I think they merit more support than they have received to date.

So, I will now issue a challenge to other BullsPen.com members in a thinly veiled attempt to garner additional monetary support for their fine musical organization.  Specifically, I will match all of your new donations to HOT, between now and the end of the month, up to a maximum of one thousand dollars collectively.  Please attach your serious pledges to this thread so I'll know how much to forward to them in February (or sooner if your collective total reaches my 1K limit).  See the link at the top of this Board and follow their instructions to make your actual donation.  Go Bulls! Go HOT!

P.S. Please start another thread if you want to discuss things like their past or future musical selections, your reasons for not contributing at this time, or the relative attractiveness of flag team members.  Thanks very much!

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  26
  • Content Count:  295

I can not believe for that life of me no one has acted on this post yet..this was posted at 5:43PM yesterday and a lot of lookers but no takers??? I read nothing but good things about H O T here and we dont take advantage of a challenge like this..I would have thought this would have been blown off the board by now...he is willing to doulbe your money going to HOT and no one is taking this offer...well let me start it off..i will be pledge 100 to HOT..tell me how i can attach my pledge..and it will be done..come on BULLS..5...10..20..anything is better then nothing...we have a chance to raise 2000 dollars for 1000..we need to make this happen...and as always go BULLS

• Topic Count:  191
  • Content Count:  2,363

Bleacher--Wish I could have caught you a little sooner, as I made a donation not long ago. Still, I'll check the books and see if I can put something together, especially since it's worth double my money to the HOT! I agree with Aging--we should be JUMPING on this! I know there are some out there who haven't donated--here's the perfect reason!

I'm glad somebody else is willing to chip in.  Use the HOT Band Link under Official Sites at the top of this Board.  When you get on the HOT Board, use the link at about the 8 o'clock position to donate.  After provding some background identifying info, hit the submit button and you will be taken to the USF Foundation site (HOT cannot take donations directly), where you can pay by credit card with a secure connection.  They also provide an address and telephone number if you want to pay by check or phone.

So far, looks like I'll only have to cough up $100 of my own money. Thanks!

done deal...just pledge my benjamin...we need to pump this up BULLS..take advantage of this..even just a dollar..the way we were throwning those beers down our necks last night a buck aint gonna hurt ya..come on step up....its for a great program..a dollar will get them 2...

• Topic Count:  597
  • Content Count:  6,557
  • Days Won:  3

After going to my second bowl game to see the Bulls, I made a new year's resolution to step up and be a better fan and donor than I have been in the past.  I ordered season tickets for the first time, along with a Bulls Club donation.  However, lately I've been feeling a bit guilty about not supporting the Herd of Thunder in a similar manner.  After all, their enthusiam and hard work were a big part of the overall bowl experience for me and I think they merit more support than they have received to date.

So, I will now issue a challenge to other BullsPen.com members in a thinly veiled attempt to garner additional monetary support for their fine musical organization.  Specifically, I will match all of your new donations to HOT, between now and the end of the month, up to a maximum of one thousand dollars collectively.  Please attach your serious pledges to this thread so I'll know how much to forward to them in February (or sooner if your collective total reaches my 1K limit).  See the link at the top of this Board and follow their instructions to make your actual donation.  Go Bulls! Go HOT!

P.S. Please start another thread if you want to discuss things like their past or future musical selections, your reasons for not contributing at this time, or the relative attractiveness of flag team members.  Thanks very much!

We've kind of been burned on chipping in on stuff here before, but this is a "more open" method I guess.  How do we know you make good on your end?

it wouldnt matter to me either way..i pledge to HOT every year just not this time of the year

BTW, a pledge is just your promise that you will donate.  I can't and don't care to verify that everyone's pledges will be fulfilled.  I'm just trying to stimulate a little bit of giving.  Maybe some HOT insider can verify that X number of dollars were received by a certain date.  When you donate, they won't ask for your Board username, so I don't know how that can be tracked.  I'm open to suggestions.

• Topic Count:  479
  • Content Count:  1,991

I just raised $536 to purchase trombone slide covers for the band, if you want to consider that a donation then pony up to match.

• Topic Count:  191
  • Content Count:  2,363

I just raised $536 to purchase trombone slide covers for the band, if you want to consider that a donation then pony up to match.

those are comeing for them? Sweet! I applaud your efforts.