• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bye bye Benjamin

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  724
  • Content Count:  10,219
  • Days Won:  0

Let's see how Atlanta does with McKay before I agree to dub him a genius. Dungy already has the Colts to the level the Bucs were at before he left. I think he played a bigger part in building the Bucs than McKay ever did. Players came to Tampa to play for Dungy, not to play for a back-office guy who managed draft picks.

agree. but they were a team dungy and mckay

talent is important but if you don't play well together

all is still lost. ask the redskins

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  73
  • Content Count:  1,261

He won that Super Bowl on Dungy talent.  What happend last year when he had to bring in his own talent?  Thanks for riding the coat tails John!

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,673
  • Days Won:  29

Good Luck Ryan.

Go BULLS !!!

• Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

One more reason to despise the Bucs.  They exploit USF at every opportunity then cut our alum.  I can't stand them, never could.  They'll finish 6-10 this year.  

• Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  128

This thread has obviously taken a turn to a buc rampage but I must throw in my 2 cents.  First off the bucs will be fine and will be back this year in the playoffs.  Secondly someone earlier in the thread mentions Dungy bringing in the core talent but that is wrong as well because Sam W. brought in the talent(Brooks, Lynch, Sapp - core of the defense) and Dungy used it well as a coach should so I give him credit because I did like Dungy.  Without Gruden this team would have never won the superbowl because the offense the second half of that year was one of the tops and Dungy ball would not have worked.  What makes the Colts dangerous is they kept the offensive coordinator and just brought in Dungy for head coach.  A lot of the offensive philosophy was kept for that team.  Now for the bitter Georgia posters don't worry we will get you again next year.

Now back to the original reason for the post -- good luck Benjamin and I agree that teams during the year will look for an experienced long snapper so hopefully he catches on.

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  2,052

Big mistake by the Bucs. Benjamin did a super job. Goes to show you hero today, goat tomorrow. Geesch!

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  111
  • Content Count:  2,527

Well I hope when the special teams screw up again, benji is still availble....  Time will tell!

I hope he's not!  Another team will pick him up.  Hell, he never had one (1) bad snap in four yrs of college, and all his pro carrer.

HOW THE HELL DO YOU CUT A GUY WITH THOSE STATS?

• Topic Count:  1,036
  • Content Count:  7,522
  • Days Won:  10

I think one of the knocks against him was his size.  Although he his snapping ability is impeccable, he flat got knocked on has a$$ several times.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,673
  • Days Won:  29

I BULLieve another reason may be that he couldn't play another position well enough to warrant the roster spot ...

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  111
  • Content Count:  2,527

True, but Gruden himself said "when we have a guy (Gramatica) who can hit three run homers, we need a guy (long snapper) who can put it over the plate EVERY TIME"

That's something Ryan definitely did, that's why they signed him in the first place.