• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The Catalyst to a NC...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  642
  • Days Won:  0

is beating Auburn. I don't know if you guys really understand how big of a game this will be for us. We MUST travel well to this game!

Step #1 I think we start next season with votes, if we go INTO Auburn and win that game we become ranked.

Step #2 Once we become ranked we must win the BE next year, this is not enough to play in a national title

Step #3 Once we win the BE and play in a BCS bowl we must win that game as well

Step #4 Enter the 2008 season ranked VERY and HIGH and then we have to do the unthinkable... RUN THE TABLE. Then and only then will we solidify an opportunity to play in a national championship game.

The road to all this starts with Auburn and we have the youth in our program to do this! Go Bulls beat AUBURN!

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Ari_Hinkelberger

I think talk of a national title is 10 years premature.

I think a trip to the Gator bowl and playing on new years day would be historic.

I tend to agree with you, I would love the opportunity to play in the Gator Bowl. I just see that people are starting to talk, I'm only offering a hypathetical situation in which it COULD happen sooner. Do you agree with my analysis or not?

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Lets get a conference championship 1st. Realistically there are probably 10-15 teams that could win a national title in 2007 and 2008.

I'd like to see us in a BCS game before I go planning a National Championship trip.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,676
  • Days Won:  29

... We MUST travel well to this game!

... Go Bulls beat AUBURN!

I think that USF will take care of the entire alotted tix for this game, about 5K.

Guest Ari_Hinkelberger

I just don't see us winning at Auburn next year.  I can't see it.  That is a BIG TIME program.  I mean the Gators couldn't even win at Auburn.

Im not saying it couldn't happen, but I am not counting on it.  Then again, I thought we would get killed at WV this year.  That was unbelievable.  So who knows.

I want to see us beat WV and Louisville at Ray Jay.

That is a bigger deal for me at least.

Lets get a conference championship 1st. Realistically there are probably 10-15 teams that could win a national title in 2007 and 2008.

I'd like to see us in a BCS game before I go planning a National Championship trip.

I agree, look back at the steps

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  3,403

I think talk of a national title is 10 years premature.

I think a trip to the Gator bowl and playing on new years day would be historic.

I don't see why that is.  Rutgers had a great shot to go if they went undefeated.  They only lost 2.  we could be better than they were this year, next year.  so, why is that not possible?

also, in response to the original post, I don't know if we even get votes in the preseason poll, but rutgers didnt either.  if we go undefeated and only 1 other team does I think we have a great chance to go to the national championship game.  sure, it will be very hard to do that (win the games), but rutgers was 6th in the BCS before losing to cincy, and 2 weeks after that UF lost and fell to #4, arkansas (with 1 loss) moved up to 5th with notre dame losing that 5th spot that week (by losing).  therefore, if rutgers had beaten cincy they easily could have caused UF to fall just 1 more spot to 5th, leaving rutgers 4th waiting for michigan and USC to lose.  it could have happened.  

but, even if you are right and we need to get high ranking 1 year to vault us into the next year, that is 2 years away, not longer.  we are nearly as good as every team in our conference.  there's not reason why we can't go on a good run and do it.  we'll see next year if the other teams have kept pace with us.  afterall, we should be better at every position except maybe LB, and even that position is looking really good.

Ari, Auburn will be a HUGE game and very difficult to win. I think that is why it is so important for us to SHOW up. I hope ET is right.

Dude and I can't wait till we beat down UL & WV ;D