• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

For those who are going to Auburn...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,472
  • Days Won:  35

For those who want to stay close to the stadium and avoid a 2 hour wait to get out of town following the game, the Knights Inn in Opelika still has rooms I believe. I know the rate is now up to $80, but I booked before they realized the USF game date had changed and the rate was only $50. If you are just looking for a bed to sleep in, this one is probably still your best bet to stay close to the action. No frills, but there will be plenty of thrills at the game!  ;)

Works out well for me too, because I will leave around 7:30 am on Saturday and get to Auburn around 2:30pm. Check into the hotel and head over to the stadium. I really can't wait for this game. I have a strong feeling that this will be "The One".

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  505
  • Content Count:  3,407
  • Days Won:  1

Brian as the game gets closer we can exchange cell numbers.. Our group is going up friday and will be at the stadium by 2ish (If game is 7-8ish).. At least you get to tailgate for this one unlike your NC arrival!   I know the drive will be a ***** on the way back from game but comfort is important at my age. I would have probably spent the extra $$ to stay at marriot if it was a guys trip and we were going golfing... As far as the brutal drive after the game back to Columbus, it can't be any worse than the PSU game drive.. I think Auburn and its fans will be overlooking us, and I do not expect them to be a full stadium capacity..

• Topic Count:  646
  • Content Count:  7,890
  • Days Won:  0

For those who want to stay close to the stadium and avoid a 2 hour wait to get out of town following the game, the Knights Inn in Opelika still has rooms I believe. I know the rate is now up to $80, but I booked before they realized the USF game date had changed and the rate was only $50. If you are just looking for a bed to sleep in, this one is probably still your best bet to stay close to the action. No frills, but there will be plenty of thrills at the game!  ;)

Works out well for me too, because I will leave around 7:30 am on Saturday and get to Auburn around 2:30pm. Check into the hotel and head over to the stadium. I really can't wait for this game. I have a strong feeling that this will be "The One".

I am staying there close to the stadium and has a bed that is all the wife and I need  ;)

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

I think Auburn and its fans will be overlooking us, and I do not expect them to be a full stadium capacity..

ESPN Night game. The game will be full with 85,000+, the team, their fans, and the media will not be overlooking USF on this one.

• Topic Count:  287
  • Content Count:  3,078

Jordan-Hare at night??  :o  they will not be overlooking USF

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,472
  • Days Won:  35

Brian as the game gets closer we can exchange cell numbers.. Our group is going up friday and will be at the stadium by 2ish (If game is 7-8ish).. At least you get to tailgate for this one unlike your NC arrival!   I know the drive will be a ***** on the way back from game but comfort is important at my age. I would have probably spent the extra $$ to stay at marriot if it was a guys trip and we were going golfing... As far as the brutal drive after the game back to Columbus, it can't be any worse than the PSU game drive.. I think Auburn and its fans will be overlooking us, and I do not expect them to be a full stadium capacity..

My plans are not definitely set yet. We will probably be driving up there and may bring my sister-in-law and her boyfriend with us. If that falls through, or if Southwest comes through with a great DING, we might fly into Birmingham and drive the two hours to Auburn. Either way, we will try and meet up with you and the rest of the RR crew.

• Topic Count:  505
  • Content Count:  3,407
  • Days Won:  1

My plans are not definitely set yet. We will probably be driving up there and may bring my sister-in-law and her boyfriend with us. If that falls through, or if Southwest comes through with a great DING, we might fly into Birmingham and drive the two hours to Auburn. Either way, we will try and meet up with you and the rest of the RR crew.

That sounds good B.   You and Kelly hopefully will not be slowed down too much with the extra travellers!   Geez, still another 132 days away till football starts!   Man it will be a long summer!

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  2,276

I just checked that hotel and they are sold out.

Gene,

Try this one. This is where we are staying.

We booked 7 rooms at the Mariott Grand National Hotel in Opelika. It is only 10 min from the stadium. Robert Trent Jones golf course is located on premises as well if anyone is looking at golfing while there as well.

Go Bulls

I'm sure you are already doing it...but get there a day earlier and stay a day late...and play BOTH of the major courses there.

The are BEAUTIFUL golf courses (with some HILLS!).

And yes...its a very short drive to campus/stadium (yes...there will be plenty of traffic on those narrow Auburn roads...just be patient).

• Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  827

I just checked that hotel and they are sold out.

Gene,

Try this one. This is where we are staying.

We booked 7 rooms at the Mariott Grand National Hotel in Opelika. It is only 10 min from the stadium. Robert Trent Jones golf course is located on premises as well if anyone is looking at golfing while there as well.

Go Bulls

I'm sure you are already doing it...but get there a day earlier and stay a day late...and play BOTH of the major courses there.

The are BEAUTIFUL golf courses (with some HILLS!).

And yes...its a very short drive to campus/stadium (yes...there will be plenty of traffic on those narrow Auburn roads...just be patient).

Yes thanks for tips. We are going up early on Thursday and plan on playing both courses on Friday!!! :)

• Topic Count:  117
  • Content Count:  971

you will be tied up in traffic after the game, whether you're going to Opelika, Montgomery, Columbus, or elsewhere.  Just bring some eats, liquid refreshment, and tune into a local radio station that will probably be talking about the game nonstop.  And the wise one's will make a pit stop before leaving the stadium.  ;)