• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Saban to BAMA- bye bye Ford/Marve?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  827
  • Days Won:  0

What was the reason he committed Alabama first place? school or Shula?

Does Marve like the spreading offense system?  

If not, will CJL and Rod Smith be willing to adjust the offense system for Marve?

Will Marve have more opportunities with Saban who like running plays than passing?

Which is better chemistry Saban or CJL for Marve?

Which has more opportunities USF or Alabama?

If he is not interested in USF then I am wondering why?

Because 17 yr old's are gullible! Just like all the fans here in the Tampa area who still do not support the Bulls because they think we play in a different league!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Offensive Coordinator is just as important if not more important than a head coach for a QB.  Lets not count Marve good as gone yet.  The longer Saban takes to get a staff together the better.  

Offensive Coordinator is just as important if not more important than a head coach for a QB.  Lets not count Marve good as gone yet.  The longer Saban takes to get a staff together the better.  

Oh God, don't say THAT -- we'll lose him for sure....

;-) ;-) ;-)

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  856
  • Days Won:  2

just heard on 620 wdae that the Sun Sentinel is reporting that Saban is out in Miami.. what does this mean for Mike Ford and potentially Robert Marve coming here?  will they head to Bama now that Saban is there?  Saban is a great coach, the kind of coach kids want to play for.  This isn't some coordinator upgraded to HC.  this is a championship caliber coach.  should we be worried?

if leavitt was half a recruiter.he could have had these guys locked up by now.

there will always be guys like saban out there

leavitt has had 10 years to cultivate these kids

**** smazza, youre right about leavitt.  i think if YOU were our head coach, we'd win the nc every year.  cmon guys, whos with me!!?  smazza for coach!!  hip hip hooray!!

;D

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  3,403

Playing time. With Grothe at the helm for at least three years, the limited exposure of USF, and the ability to get on the field faster at Alabama or Miami I just think that even if he wants to come here it's going to be tough to get him.

I don't think we'll have limited exposure for long.

If he is as good as his hype he could compete with grothe for the QB job.  even if he didnt win he'd play for 2 years after redshirting, assuming he could beat out Voss.  also, grothe might get injured.

• Topic Count:  30
  • Content Count:  242

If Marve does sign with 'Bama, there is risk on his part;  he may not fit into the scheme 'Bama may run.  Also, Saban may want a different type of QB than Marve and may not pursue him like Shula did.  

If I were a coach recruiting against Saban, his short-term coaching stints with several teams is something I would strongly point-out.

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  538

If Marve does sign with 'Bama, there is risk on his part;  he may not fit into the scheme 'Bama may run.  Also, Saban may want a different type of QB than Marve and may not pursue him like Shula did.  

If I were a coach recruiting against Saban, his short-term coaching stints with several teams is something I would strongly point-out.

I'm sure saban was given the marching orders to save this year's recruiting season at all costs.  I'm sure whatever he says to Marve or Ford OB is a far greater promise than anyone at usf would ever hand out.  

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  3,403

I'm sure saban was given the marching orders to save this year's recruiting season at all costs.  I'm sure whatever he says to Marve or Ford OB is a far greater promise than anyone at usf would ever hand out.  

why?  I think USF has a better chance at winning a national championship in the next several years than Alabama.  ford will play next year, and marve could compete for QB job, especially next year after a redshirt, and at worst (for him) would play 2 years for a potentially great team after grothe leaves.

Just to add bama is coming off of probation this year....