• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

2 Years, 2 BCS Bowl Wins !

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  160
  • Content Count:  1,378
  • Days Won:  1

I attended 3 levels of bowls this year, the PapaJohns.com, the Outback and the Orange.  I have been to a few Outback games, as well as the Meinke, but the Orange was the first BCS game I have attended.  I was torn the whole game on who I wanted to win.  I tried to convince myself that I wanted UL to win because it would be good for the conference, but I found myself getting excited on big WF plays.  I think in my heart I wanted WF to win just because of our history with UL, dating back to basketball and the Denny Crum era (Newbies, ask about those days),and to see the look of despair on the faces of those fans in red, but I knew the Big East would benefit from the UL win.

Anyway, the atmosphere from the tailgating, to the pregame events, to the half time show, and everything else was far above that of any other bowl I have been to.  Of course I was more into the game during the Meinke and PapaJohns, but the level of excitement and the overall atmosphere was so much higher at the Orange Bowl.  The whole time I was just wishing and picturing USF being there in the near future.  Could 07 be our year?  Or will it be '08?  Either way, I just hope we can field a team that can beat ul, wvu, pitt and ru the next couple of years so we can experience the BCS game watching USF.

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,744
  • Days Won:  17

Big East should lose it's automatic BCS bid.

• Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  2,461
  • Days Won:  0

Yeah, I think they should give it to C-USA.

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,744
  • Days Won:  17

Yeah, I think they should give it to C-USA.

Exactly, all this winning is not fair to the other conferences, it's time to let CUSA have it's turn.

• Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  549

I attended 3 levels of bowls this year, the PapaJohns.com, the Outback and the Orange.  I have been to a few Outback games, as well as the Meinke, but the Orange was the first BCS game I have attended.  I was torn the whole game on who I wanted to win.  I tried to convince myself that I wanted UL to win because it would be good for the conference, but I found myself getting excited on big WF plays.  I think in my heart I wanted WF to win just because of our history with UL, dating back to basketball and the Denny Crum era (Newbies, ask about those days),and to see the look of despair on the faces of those fans in red, but I knew the Big East would benefit from the UL win.

Anyway, the atmosphere from the tailgating, to the pregame events, to the half time show, and everything else was far above that of any other bowl I have been to.  Of course I was more into the game during the Meinke and PapaJohns, but the level of excitement and the overall atmosphere was so much higher at the Orange Bowl.  The whole time I was just wishing and picturing USF being there in the near future.  Could 07 be our year?  Or will it be '08?  Either way, I just hope we can field a team that can beat ul, wvu, pitt and ru the next couple of years so we can experience the BCS game watching USF.

Great post, bullman3.

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  642

Harvey, just think it's more beneficial to at least use evidence when making claims ( or at least state, "I am of the opinion that..."). I would love for you to write me an essay on the "Scandelous dealings of the SEC". It would be a great post, just make sure you complete a works sited page. ;)

I don't have the time nor the ink and paper to complete such an undertaking. ;D

But as long as you don't read it, I guess it never happened.  So we're both winners.

Wait...I found something.  I didn't write it, but maybe that improves its credibility.  lol

This one is from May 2002 and says that the SEC has had 15 major infractions in a 12 year period (1990-2002).  Yikes!

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/stories/2002-05-24-sec-policing.htm

This one is from November 2006 and details how 8 of the 12 teams have been busted for major violations since 1987, including 2 in the past year!

http://espn.go.com/ncf/s/2001/1126/1284780.html

It seems to me that at any given time, a team in the SEC is either very good, or on probation....hmmm.